Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 09:44 AM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Got my Martin Bros. Medustas on...yay or nay? I love the look and the sound is great! Nice and quiet like my baffled V&H 2-2 then gets so nasty when I rip it. I think the chrome looks good on there but I'd probably PC them.

Before
Name:  Lo1.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  62.9 KB

After
Name:  pipes2.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  73.1 KB
Name:  pipes1.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  71.1 KB

Old 05-17-2011, 11:27 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I would definately PCem black, but I like the pipes bro. Do you want to sell me your V/H big radius? I also noticed you have the edge cut grips, I'm going to sell my edge cut boards. Maybe we can wheel and deal?

Last edited by JIMSFBL; 05-17-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:33 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by OWOF
I respect your opinion on spokes, and the FBL black wheels aren't bad looking, but I've had 14 Harleys, mostly hardtails, and this was my 1st FB. I heard all of the rumors about solid wheels and the wind, but 2 bike weeks back I had 25 + gust up to 32 mph and I was getting pushed all over the interstate. It was ridiculous. I admit it's not that often, but with spoke wheels, my FBL rides better in the wind than my street glide now. (3rd Infantry Armor)
Well that just isn't true, you may have thought that, but thats not the case. I live in west Tx, also known as tornado alley and winds blow on an average of 20 to 35 mph, up to 60 mph and sand storms to which visability is reduced down to 50' at times. I can't tell ANY difference between a spoked wheel and a solid wheel riding on windy days what so ever. You would have been blown all over even if you had spoke wheels.

There is actually a thread on this somewhere here on the forum about this. But when the spokes are turning at 30+ mph they become a solid and wind does not blow through them. A softail rides better in the wind vs any bike with a fairing from side gusts.

I bring this up, not to challenge you, but to inform riders that this is a false theory.
Found it, click on envelope.

Last edited by JIMSFBL; 05-17-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:06 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
I would definately PCem black, but I like the pipes bro. Do you want to sell me your V/H big radius? I also noticed you have the edge cut grips, I'm going to sell my edge cut boards. Maybe we can wheel and deal?
Don't you have some already haha? I already told CaptainMorganSOS he has dibs if I sell them and he has the money. I'm not really interested in the edge cut floorboards now but they would set it off. I'm entertaining the idea of forward controls. I'm going to run these Martin Bros. for a few weeks and see how I like them and go from there. You two will be the first to know.

I really like the pipes though and so does my butt dyno. I took the baffles out my V&H and they were obnoxious cruising around but sound great cracking the throttle. These new pipes sound quieter and refined around town but sound great like my unbaffled V&H getting on it.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:30 PM
scotty22hotty
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just digging into my lo boy...

Dave, that strip on yer rear fender is sweet...is it a custom or did u find someone to fabricate it? Any info would be appreciated.

Snow is gone and I'm ready to get my hands dirty...

Thanks!

S2H

Old 05-17-2011, 03:44 PM
watchluvr4ever
Road Captain

Just in case somebody hasn't seen it yet here is my Lo with my Winter mods completed.

Name:  05c76473.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  155.5 KB
Name:  45749d3b.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  147.0 KB

Old 05-17-2011, 03:58 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
Don't you have some already haha? I already told CaptainMorganSOS he has dibs if I sell them and he has the money. I'm not really interested in the edge cut floorboards now but they would set it off. I'm entertaining the idea of forward controls. I'm going to run these Martin Bros. for a few weeks and see how I like them and go from there. You two will be the first to know.

I really like the pipes though and so does my butt dyno. I took the baffles out my V&H and they were obnoxious cruising around but sound great cracking the throttle. These new pipes sound quieter and refined around town but sound great like my unbaffled V&H getting on it.
lol, I hear ya. I'm always looking for a good deal on V/H 2 into 2 replacements. These pipes fit my theme to well for me to change them for now. Mine have scratches on the bottom and I was looking for another used set.
Name:  photo129.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  1.04 MB
Anyways, no biggy bro.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:04 PM
DaveFLSTFB
Road Captain

Got my Martin Bros. Medustas on...yay or nay? I love the look and the sound is great! Nice and quiet like my baffled V&H 2-2 then gets so nasty when I rip it. I think the chrome looks good on there but I'd probably PC them.
I like em.... wrap em up and paint what"s left

Old 05-17-2011, 05:31 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

I'd say definitely PC those new pipes, they look pretty bad ***. And don't worry about saving the pipes for me, I won't have the money for them any time soon, I still have to be able to afford this trip back home in a few weeks.

But those new pipes you got give it a killer look.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:36 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by watchluvr4ever
Just in case somebody hasn't seen it yet here is my Lo with my Winter mods completed.

WOW! Man that looks sweet!! Those blue flames really set off the look.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners