Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Caseyx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
Thanks bro! It's not difficult to convince me, because it will cost about $4,000 to make the change lol.

4 G's? Ok, those are off my list now...really that much? Although the perimeter brake setup is badass, hopefully that was in the price?

Personally, I don't think I could move away from a fat front rim/tire. Unless I got a really good deal on something bad ***, just love the Mad Max look too much, that fat tire is kinda the soul of the bike.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:33 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Caseyx
4 G's? Ok, those are off my list now...really that much? Although the perimeter brake setup is badass, hopefully that was in the price?

Personally, I don't think I could move away from a fat front rim/tire. Unless I got a really good deal on something bad ***, just love the Mad Max look too much, that fat tire is kinda the soul of the bike.
No, not the perimeter brake, but the matching drive pulley was and they will make the wheel to accomodate the fat tire, plus taxes included will fall right at about $3,800 ish.

The set up I really want, but can't afford right now would be to eliminate the rear rotar. Buy a drive pulley which has the rotar built on it as one piece. Then move the caliper over to the drive pulley side and that will completley expose the custom wheel entirely on the right rear. That set up with the matching drive/caliper pulley along with the wheels falls around the $5,000 range, oh includes tire mounting because when you spend that kinda doe you want them to do it just incase the wheels get scratched in the process.

As you can tell, I havent been thinking about this much haha!

Old 05-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Caseyx
Tourer

As you can tell, I havent been thinking about this much haha!

And neither will I...going forward.

I'd rather spend that kind of dough on a 120r crate motor! Or supercharger or turbo.

It'd be a f'ing bitch keeping them clean anyways! Nothing like a black solid wheel for lazy ****'s.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:18 PM
TNB
Road Master

My red matches the tank badge, if you go orange paint your tank badge the same and that would look slick bro. talk to ya later.
I thought about orange long ago when checking out v-rod wheels, but didn't see something like that for the Lo. However, I would have probably just removed the tank badge. Instead, my bike is in the process of getting a touch more red...
Originally Posted by Caseyx
It'd be a f'ing bitch keeping them clean anyways! Nothing like a black solid wheel for lazy ****'s.
LOL,

Last edited by TNB; 05-16-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:02 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by drknlo
I did a 21x3.5 up front. Haven't figured out how to post pics from my phone
Man, I would love to see some pics of that

Old 05-16-2011, 07:02 PM
SuspendedUser
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drknlo
I did a 21x3.5 up front. Haven't figured out how to post pics from my phone
Hot damm! i want to see it! post them up!

Old 05-16-2011, 07:57 PM
TattooBill
Cruiser
Default HD 12" Mini Apes

Picked em up Friday, Started the install yesterday and almost finished gotta finish the electrics, adjust the cables and mount th tank n seat! APE CITY baby!! Way harder than I thought it would be You guys saved me a couple o times, much thanks!!LOL!

Old 05-16-2011, 09:31 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

K I am sure JIMSFBL has been gratz'd many times on last American Iron mag issue. His bike has been a hit on my construction site and friends since then. 'Ya man, see the seats...I got to get something done like his' has been my quote as I held out the mag a few times. 'Ya man, wicked stock look' in reply.

Gratz man. Your bike is still one my my fav's as a reference.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:18 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Josewales
K I am sure JIMSFBL has been gratz'd many times on last American Iron mag issue. His bike has been a hit on my construction site and friends since then. 'Ya man, see the seats...I got to get something done like his' has been my quote as I held out the mag a few times. 'Ya man, wicked stock look' in reply.

Gratz man. Your bike is still one my my fav's as a reference.
wow! thanks bro.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:05 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Lo's.. I am a noob on this forum.. I've been addicted to this thread for months. it took me that long to read thru all the pages!!! I looked at the lo when iwas lookin for my first Harley. ive been ridin an R6 for years but i smartened up (got older, my back is killin me) and bought meself a Harley... its not a lo but in fact a lowered fatboy... I did see Jimsfbl in AI mag and said "Hell Yeah!!"
To all the 'Jims" in here and dr walkin i salute you!
-Jason

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners