Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Youngneg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't think that pipe was so popular... Glad you found one, they look great to me and sound nice ... Low rumble, and not loud.... They sell a rear peg relocator, you mite wont to check out

Old 05-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Pyron
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
Whatch ya think of these for my sled?

Maybe change the polished aluminium spokes to black and change the spoke nipples to red?? Or leave it as is?
I think your current wheels would look great on MY sled, so go for it, and let me know how much you want for your wheels

Old 05-14-2011, 02:28 PM
harleyfiremedic
Road Captain
Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Few changes

Been trying to get my Lo just a little more comfortable for me, I am a short guy 5'4" and the drag bars were just not working. I looked into a bunch of different ideas, many that I found in this thread.

In the end I decided to go with the stock FatBoy bars. While the weather and free time has not been nice the past couple of days, The little bit of riding I have done has shown this to be a great change. I know this won'y be for everybody, but it works for me. I did have to lengthen the wires and put on new clutch and throttle cables.

Since it is also very close to my birthday my lovely wife purchased the black matching smoked covers for the turn signals that I wanted.

Here is a pic of the new bars

And here is a link to a few more and some of the new covers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2686325...7626719516222/

Old 05-14-2011, 02:46 PM
bigoil7
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyfiremedic
Since it is also very close to my birthday my lovely wife purchased the black matching smoked covers for the turn signals that I wanted.
Love those turn signal covers, can you tell me where to find them?
Thanks.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts
Cool

harley sells them they are in the parts book

Old 05-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts
Default smoke

i just want to get the smoke lens, i really do not like the visor look that is just me.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:15 PM
flstfblo11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by harleyfiremedic
Been trying to get my Lo just a little more comfortable for me, I am a short guy 5'4" and the drag bars were just not working. I looked into a bunch of different ideas, many that I found in this thread.

In the end I decided to go with the stock FatBoy bars. While the weather and free time has not been nice the past couple of days, The little bit of riding I have done has shown this to be a great change. I know this won'y be for everybody, but it works for me. I did have to lengthen the wires and put on new clutch and throttle cables.

Here is a pic of the new bars

And here is a link to a few more and some of the new covers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2686325...7626719516222/
Like the new signals, but I also like your mirrors....what are they? they look like they extend out a bit better than stock.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Kronin
Advanced

Just won an auction for some stock fatboy bars for $47. Now I just need to figure out which cables need to be swapped. Sounds like at a minimum, the brake and throttle. Are there any options for aftermarket brake cables that work with ABS yet? or should I just get stock fatboy cables from Harley? Gonna try to tackle the bar swap myself, hopefully things will work out.

Old 05-14-2011, 05:39 PM
harleyfiremedic
Road Captain
Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Hope I answer all the questions....

Turn Signals are a stock harley part. The visor style like mine come in a front and a separate rear set. Front is Flat Black and the rear is Glass black so they match the light body. I got them right off the wall at the dealer.
You can also get just a smoked lens set from the dealer. Thats what I had before (Left over from my old sporty)

Mirrors are harley part also (92398-09). They are the tribal design. The seem to stick out more since I put on the stock fatboy bars.

I had the dealer do my bar install since I just don't have the time. They replaced the clutch cable (38664-07C), Front Brake Line (42303-08) Idle Control Cable (56342-01), Throttle Cable (56343-01) They also needed a gasket and some fluid. They stated they also extended the wiring, but there is no charge for that on my bill. I think I copied the part numbers correctly, but sometimes I type for crap.

Hope this helps

Old 05-14-2011, 10:38 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Me personally: I absolutely love those wheels! 18x5.5 for the rear and a 21 up front... Exactly what I am looking for.
They would look good on your sled bro. I'd like to see someone step out and do a 21" on the LO. I'll give it till this winter and see if I'm gonna be the first or not. I hope someone does it before me so that I can check it out first haha.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners