Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 11:46 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by TattooBill
The book at the dealer says all, the cables n lines are the same part #s for the fb and fbl bars. I was going to go that way but ordered the 12" mini apes instead... pickin m up tomorrow!
Yeah, I know what the book says, but it's wrong. I ran the stock FBL throttle cables for a few days, they work but are real tight, I mean stretching tight. As for the brake line, no way.

Glad you went with the mini apes instead, wish I had those. Going to the stock FB bars was cheap. I'll change someday, maybe that is next winter's project.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:52 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Caseyx
God damn, those about the most evil looking wheels ive ever seen brother!!!
I'm going to put them on the back burner for now, but they are saved in my favorites. I'm looking for the nastiest wheels I can find and then I want to twist it a little more. Those are getting close to what I'm gonna do, but there is still something missing, so I'm just dabbling a bit with opinions from you guys for now.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:07 AM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Youngneg
ohhh....Drwalkinboner!!! hows the weather?hahahahahah your nuts!!
Weather sucks here, I just went outside and saw some snow flakes. It was 70 and beautiful last weekend!

Old 05-14-2011, 08:17 AM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts
Unhappy

i live in boston mass my fatboy lo is still on the battery tender april and may very sucky weather here. rain sunday threw nexet friday ouch my bike will be on ebay soon lol

Old 05-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Caseyx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
I'm going to put them on the back burner for now, but they are saved in my favorites. I'm looking for the nastiest wheels I can find and then I want to twist it a little more. Those are getting close to what I'm gonna do, but there is still something missing, so I'm just dabbling a bit with opinions from you guys for now.
Black spokes instead of the shiny ones...

Old 05-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was supposed to go on a weekend trip from here in central jersey up through the Catskill mountains in NY state, but cancelled due to the stupid weather.. going to try again next weekend though

Old 05-14-2011, 09:50 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
Swingarm bag came yesterday. Glad I got the 5", it's not really that big or bulky and looks good behind the license plate.
Awesome man, you'll love it. It comes in handy when you need to go pick something up or you need to take something with you and would rather ride than take the truck.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:51 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
Whatch ya think of these for my sled?

Maybe change the polished aluminium spokes to black and change the spoke nipples to red?? Or leave it as is?
Me personally: I absolutely love those wheels! 18x5.5 for the rear and a 21 up front... Exactly what I am looking for.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:09 AM
Brutus01
Road Captain

I ordered the Garage Leathers Skully bag but I am still waiting to get it. It is a little larger than then standard swingarm bad but it is 3.25" deep as opposed to the 5" deep leather works bag.

Has anyone compared the 2 in person to see what kind of space difference there is? I really like the look of the Garage Leathers bag better.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Well I got home yesterday and my girl informed me she found a v&h big r 2 into one and she's pretty sure that is the last one in the country she showed me her list of places called and after 21 parts supliers she found one with only one in stock it was shipped out yesterday coming from cal to md I can't wait

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners