Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 07:32 PM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigoil7
I'm not committed (but maybe I should be ) but I think I like these mirrors. I'm kind of working on a "stingray" theme for my lo, the pipes, a tall sissy bar, etc. and I think the points and curves of these mirrors fit that mood pretty well. My Pa and step-ma do custom leather work and she thinks she can do a nice (actual) stingray hide inlay in the saddle. These came powder coated matte black so I had to try them. Whatcha think? If nothing else, I like them better than the ping-pong paddles that came stock, lol.
Lucky you. I visited both an upholsery store and a leather supply place today checking out sting ray. The upholstry store is ordering in some swatches Monday. The supply place didn't have large enough hides though they had the color I want.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pops finally got his Train out of the dining room to go for a ride today.. i still say mine makes the panties drop harder.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:05 PM
TattooBill
Cruiser

Wife bought the wrong lights for my birthday, so we tookem back and I got these instead, http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...6&default=none
12" Fat Mini-Ape Handlebar Kit with Riser - Satin Black
Happy birthday to meee!!!

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim

Last edited by TattooBill; 05-07-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:07 PM
kfrey95
Stage IV

Glad to see I'm not the only person to ditch the damn floor boards, I'll post my Pics tomorrow

Old 05-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TattooBill
Wife bought the wrong lights for my birthday, so we tookem back and I got these instead, http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...6&default=none
12" Fat Mini-Ape Handlebar Kit with Riser - Satin Black
Happy birthday to meee!!!
keep in mind that earlier in the thread im pretty sure he sent those out for powdercoat to match the rest of the paint..i'm pretty sure they're the normal chrome ones that go on FL models

edit: heh, i think you edited your post right as i clicked on the quote thing.. anywho.. nice

Old 05-07-2011, 10:07 PM
MJ-13000
Tourer

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Thanks man. The fender bib id Harley Part# 52038-08. Don't worry about trying to get it online, by the time you pay for shipping you are going to pay more. Just go talk to your local dealership parts guy.

Thanks Captain!

Was in VB after work and stopped at Southside-Rep told me he would have one in a few days or so!

Old 05-07-2011, 10:21 PM
MJ-13000
Tourer

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Yes!!! Another silver Lo!

Bike looks great man, I fought hard with myself on whether to do the apes or street slammers and also whether to do the Rush slip ons or V&H slip ons... Your bike may be my bike's doppelganger...

Tried apes a while back with a friend's bike-just didn't feel comfortable with them. Test rode a Lo with slammers and I was hooked!

Doppleganger?..Ok...but your bike is the big brother! lol

If your down near the OBX one day..gimme a yell!

Ride safe!

Old 05-07-2011, 10:23 PM
MJ-13000
Tourer

pops finally got his Train out of the dining room to go for a ride today.. i still say mine makes the panties drop harder.

I'd have to say that both bikes "make the panties drop"!

Old 05-08-2011, 08:01 AM
BigRedFan74
Novice

I just about ate a ditch a few weeks after getting mine. Hard right going downhill and uphill after turn. Bad thing was wifee was on the back. Luckily oncoming traffic was way off. I was dragging floorboard and my foot to make it. It was an early morning ride so we didn't need coffee afterwards - but hit the nearest bathroom

Old 05-08-2011, 08:26 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Both bikes look absolutely bad ***! If Harley would have still been making the Train when I got my Lo, the decision on which to buy would have been SOOO much harder. That is actually what I was wanting to get until I found out they don't make them anymore; I was heart broken for only a second, and then I saw the Lo...

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners