Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 12:41 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
If I like the medustas I'll definitely sell you my V&H. They're a bit scraped from leaning too far but they work and still look pretty good but I'll keep you posted on them.
The pipes scrape before the floorboards? I barely feel like I can lean enough into a turn as it is without the floorboards scraping.

Last edited by CaptainMorgan_SOS; 05-06-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS

The more I see this the more I REALLY Really like that Sparkling-Rose paint job... would've kept any green text out of it or ANY text off it for that matter, doesn't need it, but that's a REALLY cool concept for bike. Not necessarily "feminine" either, since it could very easily be seen as a "Guns&Roses" bike.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:25 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The pipes scrape before the floorboards? I barely feel like I can lean enough into a turn as it is without the floorboards scraping.
I almost ate it in San Antonio last year when I bought the bike. It was the first time on the highway with a motorcycle. I was going to a friends house and theres a sharp turn and I think the speed limit was 70. Previously I was on my sport bike so it was no problem zipping around that turn. I got my Lo and took it to fast and almost locked up. I was in the zone between the cement barrier and the outside line of the highway. Scariest moment of my life and I've been shot at and had mortars go off near me overseas but this was way worse. I had to pull over and catch my breath and stop shaking.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:09 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
I almost ate it in San Antonio last year when I bought the bike. It was the first time on the highway with a motorcycle. I was going to a friends house and theres a sharp turn and I think the speed limit was 70. Previously I was on my sport bike so it was no problem zipping around that turn. I got my Lo and took it to fast and almost locked up. I was in the zone between the cement barrier and the outside line of the highway. Scariest moment of my life and I've been shot at and had mortars go off near me overseas but this was way worse. I had to pull over and catch my breath and stop shaking.
Yea, my buddy just got his sport bike down here yesterday (Ducati 900SS) and we went around some twisties out here. It was night and he said that almost the whole time I was leaving a trail of sparks behind my bike from scraping the floorboards. He also said he was almost getting bored because he was behind me for part of the ride and the Lo just does not take the turns near as fast as sport bikes...

I haven't had a close call yet, and I am hoping I don't for a while.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeay, now i can go on a trip..

only thing i dont like is how exposed the racks bracket is, but i like it a lot more than i like a bare fender, so i thinks ill keeps it.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:39 PM
bigoil7
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not committed (but maybe I should be ) but I think I like these mirrors. I'm kind of working on a "stingray" theme for my lo, the pipes, a tall sissy bar, etc. and I think the points and curves of these mirrors fit that mood pretty well. My Pa and step-ma do custom leather work and she thinks she can do a nice (actual) stingray hide inlay in the saddle. These came powder coated matte black so I had to try them. Whatcha think? If nothing else, I like them better than the ping-pong paddles that came stock, lol.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-mirror.jpg  

Last edited by bigoil7; 05-06-2011 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:34 AM
TattooBill
Cruiser
Default aux lights

considering aux lights for my lo, anybody gotem? pics?
thanks

Old 05-07-2011, 08:47 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
yeay, now i can go on a trip..

only thing i dont like is how exposed the racks bracket is, but i like it a lot more than i like a bare fender, so i thinks ill keeps it.
Jim, where did you get that rack at? I absolutely must have one!

I have been looking for a rack almost exactly like that. I actually thought about just making one myself.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Jim, where did you get that rack at? I absolutely must have one!

I have been looking for a rack almost exactly like that. I actually thought about just making one myself.
It's a MotherWell.. I got this one, $132 after shipping:

http://www.motherwellproducts.com/SO...l-175-09-b.htm

and then there's this one:
http://www.motherwellproducts.com/7-...09-b%20kit.htm

..the only difference between the two is that the second comes with Black docking hardware to replace the stock stuff.. it just didn't seem worth the extra $30 for me for a few bolts, so I used the stock hardware.

And as you can plainly see, it even fits over the fender bib..though the bracket looks like ***.. but oh well.

EDIT::...OH.. i went looking through the box, and under the packing slip was the Black bolt covers and thumbscrews to replace the stock stuff..guess they gave it to me for free. Score!

Last edited by Sgt_Jim; 05-07-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by TattooBill
considering aux lights for my lo, anybody gotem? pics?
thanks
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ml#post7919153

beasleyiv put them on his

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners