Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 03:49 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

8Balla: YES!! Just tryin to help... I am a stickler for detail. Glad I could help spend your money I really do think that this small detail will clean up the back end a lot.

JIMSFBL: He doesn't have to call them "Mini Apes," he can call them "Saw'd Off Apes" or something else a little manlier...

Old 04-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Caseyx
Tourer

Originally Posted by 8balla
Those BR's do look good, something about waiting 6 weeks and spending more than i would otherwise is difficult for me. If I can muster the patience that is a great choice. How tall are those (caseyx)?
16". I can't stand waiting either, but it was worth it. Also, I really take my time making a decision sometimes. So, the combo of the two meant I had the bike for 6 months with stock bars.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Caseyx
Tourer

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
Casey,
Your bike looks great bro! I like that it stands on it's own as far as style. You made it your own and that's cool.

Thanks man, I'm pretty happy so far, some of it's a little hard cause everyone has access to some of the same parts. That being said, I'm building the bike to fit me and my own tastes, regardless of whether or not someone else has it (except for your damn seat!). I've got a few plans on some one-off custom stuff, but that will take a little more time to figure out and make happen.

You guys gave me the ***** to do the bar swap and some other stuff myself.

Working on my bike myself sure makes a difference, too. I'd recommend that to most people, especially with the help of this crew.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:14 PM
Mouth
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good! What's the part number for that headlight ring? oh yeah TAKE OFF THOSE DAMN REFLECTORS!

Old 04-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the link Sgt Jim.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:37 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
8Balla: YES!! Just tryin to help... I am a stickler for detail. Glad I could help spend your money I really do think that this small detail will clean up the back end a lot.

JIMSFBL: He doesn't have to call them "Mini Apes," he can call them "Saw'd Off Apes" or something else a little manlier...
Yea "Saw'd Off Apes" that dose sound better! That's what we will call them from now on. Good idea!

Old 04-20-2011, 10:49 PM
8balla
Intermediate

Saw'd off it is!! I love it. I've been looking for a while now, which is why waiting is a struggle for me, i feel like already have been waiting. I like BR's bars "New Wave 3" but it seems to me from the video and the pics that these have the geometry for use on a bagger, road glide in this case. It seems like the handles are higher at the outside end than in the middle so they are upturned rather than downturned. Make sence? I understand i can make adjustments to BR's bars, any ideas what kind of pullback and hand position angle i need to look at to fit the FATBOY. I think then i'll have BR name them "Saw'd Off" as a tribute to captainmorgan_sos.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:31 PM
Caseyx
Tourer

Call and talk to Bill. He can help out quite a bit on things like pullback, etc. I took his advice and grabbed a 3 foot long piece of wood and sat on the bike to find how high and far back I liked em. I did that for about a week until my hands went to the same place every time. Once I got the bars 6-7 weeks later, they were perfect.

Oh, and I had my wife measure them up while I sat on the bike, also.

Yo, DocWB...I dropped the mirrors under the bars tonight...I owe you a few beers for sticking that bug in my ear, I mean, I was going to try it out sooner or later, but I kept hearing you saying to drop one under and tomorrow is the first day I take it for a good ride.

Also, can anyone tell me if oil will spill out when I change the derby cover? Should I jack it up straight? Or will that not even be enough?

Old 04-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Caseyx
Call and talk to Bill. He can help out quite a bit on things like pullback, etc. I took his advice and grabbed a 3 foot long piece of wood and sat on the bike to find how high and far back I liked em. I did that for about a week until my hands went to the same place every time. Once I got the bars 6-7 weeks later, they were perfect.

Oh, and I had my wife measure them up while I sat on the bike, also.

Yo, DocWB...I dropped the mirrors under the bars tonight...I owe you a few beers for sticking that bug in my ear, I mean, I was going to try it out sooner or later, but I kept hearing you saying to drop one under and tomorrow is the first day I take it for a good ride.

Also, can anyone tell me if oil will spill out when I change the derby cover? Should I jack it up straight? Or will that not even be enough?
I know for sure you won't lose any as long as the bike is upright on a jack. Not sure if you would lose any on the jiffy stand.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:42 AM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Caseyx
I think it looks wayyyy better with the mirrors below when you have apes, especially ones that are so mean like yours. It's gonna suck having to let go and drop your arm to take a peek though. I find myself doing that all the time but who cares.

Still can't get over those bars though. My bars look like they could kick someones *** but yours look like they're gonna walk over and actually do it!

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners