Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 04:23 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks kick *** Jim! How'd you cut your air cleaner cover? 10 times better than the football look. I'm gonna do that. Don't worry I'll tell everyone you did it first. Thanks for your service bro. I'm a retired SMSgt E-8, USAF. 26 years.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatburger
Looks kick *** Jim! How'd you cut your air cleaner cover? 10 times better than the football look. I'm gonna do that. Don't worry I'll tell everyone you did it first. Thanks for your service bro. I'm a retired SMSgt E-8, USAF. 26 years.
which Jim are you referring to? There's like 5 on this thread alone now..

Old 04-20-2011, 10:44 AM
8balla
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been 1 year now (plus a couple days) and my Lo is nothing like the day i brought her home. I've been seriously beed fighting myself on bars, I need them, but which bars is my issue. I'm torn between the Street Slammers, and a mini ape type, Carlini Evil Ape 10" or so. I like the harder lines of the angles rather than the sweeping curves on apes. Guidance anyone. I think i'm close to pulling the trigger on Evils in 10" but BR custom has some nice options as well, just tired of waiting. Who's got some, show me.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-dpp_0001.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-dpp_0002.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-dpp_0003.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-dpp_0004.jpg  
Old 04-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Caseyx
Tourer

Originally Posted by 8balla
It's been 1 year now (plus a couple days) and my Lo is nothing like the day i brought her home. I've been seriously beed fighting myself on bars, I need them, but which bars is my issue. I'm torn between the Street Slammers, and a mini ape type, Carlini Evil Ape 10" or so. I like the harder lines of the angles rather than the sweeping curves on apes. Guidance anyone. I think i'm close to pulling the trigger on Evils in 10" but BR custom has some nice options as well, just tired of waiting. Who's got some, show me.
BR's apes...better pics this weekend. I'm very happy with them, they cost me more than any others would ahve, but this damn bike has already cost me "more" than I ever imagined. Besides, I got EXACTLY what I wanted.

This was just after I finished the install.

Name:  8e9d543c.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  165.6 KB

Name:  9f8215a8.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  142.0 KB

Old 04-20-2011, 12:45 PM
jbg
Road Warrior

I went with the Wild1Chubbys. I can't believe you lasted a whole year without changing out those stock bars! My back was killing me after my first 200 mile ride!

Old 04-20-2011, 01:33 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

The Carlinis are pretty bad a$$, those would be my personal preference... And your bike looks sick man, that's the first time I have seen anyone on here with the "hybrid" swing arm bag and I am really diggin' those pipes!

But just one thing sticks out on it that I noticed, it's not a big deal but it's just one little tiny detail... Since you have the axle nut covers on the front, why not go ahead and get them for the back?

Old 04-20-2011, 02:04 PM
8balla
Intermediate

Those BR's do look good, something about waiting 6 weeks and spending more than i would otherwise is difficult for me. If I can muster the patience that is a great choice. How tall are those (caseyx)?

To JBG - I had never ridden before i bought this bike. I literally got my M endorsement in March and bought my Lo in April, so i guess the short answer would have to be i didn't know any better. I've taken this step by step, learned it, and loved every minute of it. Now i'm starting to see things and feel things that i know would make it better, part of why i'm asking on these bars. For some reason around where I am all the bars I see are way in the air, too much for this guy, or totally stock. I've not yet personally seen street slammers (or wild 1's like yours) in person at any of the rallies i've attended. Just need to get a feel for how these look and feel.

CaptainMorgan_sos - you sir are absolutely correct. In all honesty i thought at first that the rear ones would intrude on the spacing and custom bracket I built to hold that swingarm bag, but I think you sir have just talked me into swinging by my Harley dealership tomorrow afternoon picking up a set. Nice catch.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I was talkin to you Sgt JIM USMC.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh well then thanks.. as for how I cut my aircleaner.. i used a Dremel tool with a reinforced cutting wheel on it, then a hand-file to smoothe out the edges, then a little black spray paint to cover the exposed aluminum, and thats it.. basically up until i actually started cutting i followed these directions:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/2909122-post642.html

Old 04-20-2011, 03:23 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Putting anything titled "mini" just don't sound right for a FATBOY. Your bike does look good, nice work so far bro.

Casey,
Your bike looks great bro! I like that it stands on it's own as far as style. You made it your own and that's cool.

Last edited by JIMSFBL; 04-20-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners