Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 11:01 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to admit that I built my sled for looks and style, not for practicality.
Anything over 100mi and I take my road bike (classic/glide).

I say this because there are two different kind of modders here, the ones that ride thier sled everyday to work or wherever, which means your mods can be stylish but must be practical!

Then there are guys like me that have riden for years and know what 1000mi in two days feels like on a cool bike lol. So, I have a road bike, with Satelite radio, cruise control, hard bags, fairing, bluetooth etc...,
But I also have my pride an joy that I mod for complete coolness and I don't even consider practicality.

So speaking of parachute, you outta see me at 80mph with beachbars hehe. My sled stays around town, shows or events, but it will never see a road trip set up like she is.

Last edited by JIMSFBL; 04-12-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:04 AM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
I think you have the best looking dash and speedo on a lo that I have seen so far. I'd leave it as is or you can add some red and make it lose it's sexy look and I will buy your set up and take over the title for the best dash and speedo on a lo.

You decide, I'll be waiting lol. Looks good bro!
Thanks. I'll probably just go as is since the two different blacks have some contrast. If I were to add some red, it would probably be a very dark shade and have it fade back to black as it went to toward the rear of the bike. Definintely not as a bright red as the spark plug wires.

Last edited by TNB; 04-12-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:07 AM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rquirch
i dont know how this topic got started but i dont have any problems...

i can do an average 70 - 85 mph just fine... do you guys really get blown around that much?

it may have something to do with riding position, i have my bars leaning as much forward as i can, not laid back.
It's not that bad but here in South Dakota we get like 40mph gusts straight into you. When I drive my big truck down the interstate the wheel is turned almost a 1/4 turn just to stay straight. Wind here is ridiculous! WHen it's not windy I'm fine riding I90 but when it is, it's dangerous because I have to lean into the wind if it's coming sideways and when I cross a bridge or go under an overpass it's scary because there is no resistance and you lose balance.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:10 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by TNB
Thanks. I'll probably just go as is since the two different blacks have some contrast. If I were to add some red, it would probably be a very dark shade and have it fade back to black as it went to toward the rear of the bike. Definintely not as a bright red as the spark plug wires.

I really like ur sled, it has the cool factor!

Old 04-12-2011, 11:24 AM
TNB
Road Master

I really like ur sled, it has the cool factor!
Thanks. I like yours too.

I also checked out some local custom seat place on Saturday after the poker run though I didn't see any as cool as your seat on display. I just don't want to commit to any custom seat yet until that other member comes up with some locking system for Fatboy seats.

On this side, I've been debating on whether to add a touch of chrome behind the POW-MIA timing cover and whether to add a wrinkle black cover to the transmission. No hurry though since I may wait for the next service (or in the summer when it's 110F+ here. Also, if I just order those parts, I won't have to worring about the parts being messed up at the powder coater. Then again, that particular powder coater probably won't be used again.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:11 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

[quote=TNB;8179901]Thanks. I like yours too.

I also checked out some local custom seat place on Saturday after the poker run though I didn't see any as cool as your seat on display. I just don't want to commit to any custom seat yet until that other member comes up with some locking system for Fatboy seats.

YOU MEAN LIKE THESE!

Name:  seatsecure.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  1.23 MB
Name:  seatsecure2.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  1.28 MB
I can't disclose who makes these yet, because they aren't in production yet. I will be able to in about 2 weeks I believe, I will check with them and see if I can advertise by then. Mine is only one of 2 bikes that have these anywhere! Cool huh?

Last edited by JIMSFBL; 04-12-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:10 PM
TNB
Road Master

YOU MEAN LIKE THESE!
I can't disclose who makes these yet, because they aren't in production yet. I will be able to in about 2 weeks I believe, I will check with them and see if I can advertise by then. Mine is only one of 2 bikes that have these anywhere! Cool huh?
Actually, I'd prefer not as long and in black, but any deterent is better than no deterent at all. I take it the member/vendor never followed up on that other thread (or I missed it). Soon I should be at the Laughlin River Run so I hope to see what else is around and/or being sold as well.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:20 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by TNB
Actually, I'd prefer not as long and in black, but any deterent is better than no deterent at all. I take it the member/vendor never followed up on that other thread (or I missed it). Soon I should be at the Laughlin River Run so I hope to see what else is around and/or being sold as well.
Well I have searched USA, CANADA, AUS and have not found a seat secure system for the FatBoy, so I doubt you will find it. But if you do let me know!

The reason that they are long is because there is a bolt that sticks up through the fender, short and flat is not an option unless you are going to attach and detach from under fender.

But If I'm wrong please tell me, because I like options. I spent at least 3 months searching for something that was going to secure my investment to the bike and was even going to design my own until I found these (even these are not in production yet). You can powdercoat them black or any color for that matter.

Good luck in your search.

Last edited by JIMSFBL; 04-12-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Caseyx
Tourer

Put me on the list Jim...I'll buy a pair so that I have them onhand when I do decide on a seat...

Did you do the ostrich after the gator? I thought I saw a pic of it with just gator on an older post.

Last edited by Caseyx; 04-12-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:35 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Caseyx
Put me on the list Jim...I'll buy a pair so that I have them onhand when I do decide on a seat...
As soon as they let me blow the whistle, I will let you know brother.

No, ostrich was part of the original design.

Also, you talked about lights! Check this out.
http://s1206.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMG_0148.mp4

Last edited by JIMSFBL; 04-12-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners