Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Caseyx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone

Let's see...

Stock risers and bushings right now...Carlini High Rollers and bushings will be here by the end of the week.

Took the tank off to make the install of the bars easier (wires, throttle cables). Less chance of banging it up too. Console needed to come off to throw on the new led gauge.

Getting new mirrors soon and I drive 50 miles each way on I95 to work...not sure about only running with one. Planned on throwing them on underneath, wasn't sure how well they were going to work in either position on the new bars. Was thinking about HDs mirror/signal combo or just small round ones units. Still haven't switched out one of the levers either. But hey, who am I to argue with a Dr!! Lol

Got a derby being done up by Story and once the Shotgun is in, the bike will be close to "finished" Jim...

My wife said its startled her a few times in the dark when she went to do laundry in the garage. Wait till the red LEDs start pulsing by remote control when she walks in there next week...will need to film that!

Dynojet needs to get the 2011 software working so I can throw on the a/c, I'm getting impatient.

Everything after that will be "personality" enhancements. Powder coating stuff, painting bolts, cable clamps and eventually JimsFBL's seat.

Did I say finished? F'ing **** man, I shoulda just started smoking crack 5 months ago...gonna end up in the same place with my empty wallet.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:18 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TNB
I was thinking about adding some red where the brushed chrome look was before; however, the difference in blacks seems to have enough contrast to me.

Whatcha think?

I think you have the best looking dash and speedo on a lo that I have seen so far. I'd leave it as is or you can add some red and make it lose it's sexy look and I will buy your set up and take over the title for the best dash and speedo on a lo.

You decide, I'll be waiting lol. Looks good bro!

Old 04-11-2011, 10:44 PM
Caseyx
Tourer

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
I think you have the best looking dash and speedo on a lo that I have seen so far. I'd leave it as is or you can add some red and make it lose it's sexy look and I will buy your set up and take over the title for the best dash and speedo on a lo.

You decide, I'll be waiting lol. Looks good bro!
Major improvement!

Also, on the LED headlight, I went to Daytona with it. Absolutely perfect. Pure white light, great distance and coverage.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:19 AM
Mike Willmont
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Did you have to adjust your light or was it plug and play. The instructions tell you how to check it is set up correctly. I am wondering if people bothered.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:57 AM
Caseyx
Tourer

Originally Posted by Mike Willmont
Did you have to adjust your light or was it plug and play. The instructions tell you how to check it is set up correctly. I am wondering if people bothered.
Plug n play here....it was already aimed perfectly

Old 04-12-2011, 07:35 AM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Timberwolf Leather does some nice fender bibs and quick turnaround time, I have one of his on my Lo.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:48 AM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

50 miles on I95? Good luck brother. I can't go 10 miles on I90 without putting one hand on the lower part of my bars to hold on better. If I go over 65mph I feel like i'm going to be doing a superman down the highway lol. I need a back rest or something.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:53 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
50 miles on I95? Good luck brother. I can't go 10 miles on I90 without putting one hand on the lower part of my bars to hold on better. If I go over 65mph I feel like i'm going to be doing a superman down the highway lol. I need a back rest or something.
+1.. i see people riding down the highway with ape's and i think to myself "Man...those guys look like a human parachute".. honestly that was my 1 deal breaker about getting apes..i already feel myself getting pushed around by the wind with the stock handlebars on, i couldn't do it with apes.. i mean i have enough trouble being comfortable on the highway doing 70..noooo buddy.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:41 AM
SuspendedUser
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
+1.. i see people riding down the highway with ape's and i think to myself "Man...those guys look like a human parachute".. honestly that was my 1 deal breaker about getting apes..i already feel myself getting pushed around by the wind with the stock handlebars on, i couldn't do it with apes.. i mean i have enough trouble being comfortable on the highway doing 70..noooo buddy.
i dont know how this topic got started but i dont have any problems...

i can do an average 70 - 85 mph just fine... do you guys really get blown around that much?

it may have something to do with riding position, i have my bars leaning as much forward as i can, not laid back.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Pyron
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rquirch
i dont know how this topic got started but i dont have any problems...

i can do an average 70 - 85 mph just fine... do you guys really get blown around that much?

it may have something to do with riding position, i have my bars leaning as much forward as i can, not laid back.
It's because your giant squirrel nuts keep you grounded

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners