Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Caseyx
[/LIST]Also, here are a few pics of the bike. The tank is not on yet, so it looks a little odd.

Oh yeah, once the bike is done, I'll use a real camera for better pics. the iPhone 4 aint bad, but it isnt as nice as what you guys usually put up.
What were you doing to the bike that you had to remove the tank?

Old 04-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Murderface
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pictures, as promised. Again, the sound is crazy. They are way louder than i though they would be. Now i understand why people buy the quiet baffles haha!

Name:  IMG00026-20110411-1635.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  89.4 KB

Name:  IMG00025-20110411-1635.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  91.6 KB

Name:  IMG00024-20110411-1635.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  93.3 KB

Old 04-11-2011, 08:28 PM
warmongersix
Intermediate

@ murderface

Love the shorts on your sled. I have searched you tube for videos so I can hear what they sound like, but it is nothing like in person I am sure (even when I turn the bass all the way up). I'm getting the same on mine, I just hope it sounds better than the hippie kid across the street on his moped...and leathers, WTF.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Murderface
Tourer

lol there are tons of people around me that ride mopeds with full face helmets and leathers. too funny.

youre gonna love the sound man. loud and low. to be honest is actually scared me a little the first time i started it. it was about 11 at night and im pretty sure i woke the neighborhood haha. perfect!

Old 04-11-2011, 08:36 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

I checked out Dunlops site and from the info there, I expect a lot more than the 4,000 you have gotten. My salesman has the same bike, and I vaguely remember him saying 10k-12k.

This is the rear D407 tire's verbage... http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tire...ire.asp?id=107 (front's site is http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tire...ire.asp?id=111)
  • The new D407 tire is made for 2009 FL touring models, and therear tires feature Dunlop’s advanced MT Multi-Tread technology.
  • MT Multi-Tread rear tire incorporates a tough tread compound in the center that runs cooler to provide stability, excellent traction under braking and long life, and to each side is a section of lateral-grip compound that enhances traction at higher lean angles for great grip while cornering.
  • Reinforced multi-layer tire carcass gives the tire maximum strength for long life and provides great handling at all speeds and lean angles.
  • Bold, angled lateral grooves in the tread pattern evacuate water from the contact patch on wet roads.
  • Developed and tested jointly by Dunlop and Harley-Davidson engineers in the lab and on the road.
Also, here are a few pics of the bike. The tank is not on yet, so it looks a little odd.

Oh yeah, once the bike is done, I'll use a real camera for better pics. the iPhone 4 aint bad, but it isnt as nice as what you guys usually put up.
Bike looks sick man! I really thought hard about getting the BRs but I just couldn't drop that much cash at once.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:51 PM
warmongersix
Intermediate

I checked out Dunlops site and from the info there, I expect a lot more than the 4,000 you have gotten. My salesman has the same bike, and I vaguely remember him saying 10k-12k.

Not an ape or highway bar guy, but those look great together. Really like 'em. Have you had the chance to get it out since the LED headlight install? If so, hows the difference in night rides?

Old 04-11-2011, 09:03 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Casey you gotta ditch a mirror and drop the other one underneath like in my sig. Two mirrors above the apes for the loss! haha...bars looks sick though.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:13 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Casey,
Great job brother! Your sled has now born a personality of it's own. Congrats!

Old 04-11-2011, 09:33 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The BR bars are some nice ones, but just to radical for my scoot. I know he has some more traditional designs, but that wouldn't warrant the hefty price tag IMO.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:11 PM
TNB
Road Master

I was thinking about adding some red where the brushed chrome look was before; however, the difference in blacks seems to have enough contrast to me.

Whatcha think?

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners