Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Caseyx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim 2011 FB-LO
You can make a condensed version now that I am up to page 185...that would be cruel
Yeah, on page 186 is the link for the condensed version.

Haha, j/k...almost done working on my bike. I'll start it right after I finish this round of mods. That way, I'll make sure I didn't miss anything but I am sure I did...and then use it to start my 2nd batch of mods.

First few threads were stripped for the clutch cable on the cover. Just got back from sears with the tap and dye set to fix it....still missing one wire. But I'll have it soon, I freaking hope.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is actually a few threads on these forums strictly about swingarm bags.. but ill give you the short version.. i don't think anyone's scraped the 5" bag yet, unless they're riding almost to the point where they can kiss the pavement.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:01 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Sparkyfl
Hey guy's.Sparkyfl here. New to the forum. As a matter of fact this is my first time posting ? Not much of a computor guy or very techy. I'm not even sure if I'm doing this right. Guess I'll find out if I get a reply.Ya'll got some awesome bikes in here,lots of custom mods.Got an "03" Geeesser Glide" for me and the wife and have been adding on to my 2010 LO. Set up for solo. Going from a electra glide to a LO with zero storage is hard to get used to. Thinking about addind a Leatherworks, garage leathers, or a Hog Delux swingarm bag which leads to my question. I saw SGT Jim had a 5" garage leather bag on his LO. Does your floorboards scrape before the bag does. If it scrapes I'll go with the 3" bag. Thanks for your help. If I break out of the old school no school and embrace all this new technology I might figure out how to do this stuff and actually post a pic of my bikes. Thanks in advance for any advise or words of wisdom.

Sparkyfl
I,ve got the 5" bag also and my floorboads scrape before the bag, so unless you are really scraping the boards hard, you shouldn't have a problem.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:09 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim 2011 FB-LO
I was never notified. I went to ask the guy I bought it from when I went to the BX for lunch since he said it cleared customs and should be here in a few days...that was 2 weeks ago. I asked what the status was and he said it is being held up for a recall but he didnt know what it was for. Hope it gets here soon since the BRC course here is pretty difficult to get scheduled in. They haven't had one in a while due to everything going on and its not too easy borrowing a Harley for the course. One of my Airmen said I could borrow his bike for the course but its a 750 crotch rocket so I would only be qualified to ride half my bike.
What do you do in Aviano? I'm stationed at Ellsworth right next to Sturgis. I do Bioenvironmental Engineering

Old 04-10-2011, 07:08 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Quick update on mine; got the black engine guard and took off the reflectors... I still have the 16" black apes and all the parts needed to do the transformation sitting in one of my closets... I plan on doing them this week (I've been saying this for the past 3 weeks...)

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_4029.jpg

Old 04-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm debating if i want to try to remove my rear deflectors.. they don't really bother me so much and with the way people are a-holes in this state any source of reflection on a black bike is probably a good thing.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Mike Willmont
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Tires

My lo has 4200 miles and the rear tire needs replacing. Is this a usual milage for the lo. I am a fairly conservative rider. Are you replacing your tires with a different brand.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:29 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
I'm debating if i want to try to remove my rear deflectors.. they don't really bother me so much and with the way people are a-holes in this state any source of reflection on a black bike is probably a good thing.
I had seriously debated it too until I pulled up right along side the bike with my truck's headlights on... almost NO reflection, seriously? I thought maybe it was the angle i approached it so I went and got my spotlight and hit the reflectors from all angles; maybe i just had bad reflectors or something but they didn't reflect, front or back ones, no matter what angle I was at. So that's what made me take them off (it looks better this way too). But when I get my backrest powdercoated I will probably see if I can get some better ones and stick them to that.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Caseyx
Tourer

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Quick update on mine; got the black engine guard and took off the reflectors... I still have the 16" black apes and all the parts needed to do the transformation sitting in one of my closets... I plan on doing them this week (I've been saying this for the past 3 weeks...)

Attachment 178711
Mine are on, whole job mostly done, finished the clutch cable tonight, I had to clean up the threads on the tranny plate before the new one would start. Need to bleed the brakes. Still waiting on the engine shut down 1-wire harness (2011 models)...installed the quick disconnect on the cross over for the tank too, a little for unhappy with how little flex is there when connecting or disconnecting them. No biggee.

I learned a lot, including that I misread or misrember tips on this board more than I'd hoped, LOL. Didn't put enough wood under the wheels before I took off the cover to change the clutch cable, lost more oil than expected. Also realized that the cable has more slack when laying flat, it tightens up when you route it to the handle, which adds extra time and effort.

Overall, it's been humbling and rewarding doing it mostly myself. My younger brother even came down and gave me a hand yesterday. First time we'd hung out in awhile too. The service manual was invaluable, just as this board was.

If anyone needs help with a bar swap, give me a yell. I can point you in the right direction, now. Not if it was yesterday though...

Old 04-11-2011, 05:55 AM
Murderface
Tourer

So after reading this thread since i got my bike last year, i finally started my own mods. First time iv done real work on a bike so im pretty stoked about it. Stayed up late last night and installed V&H Short shots black, VO2 intake, and fuelpak. The look is great. The sound is AMAZING! Ill post pics later on.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners