Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 09:30 PM
docbdj
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fierofly
Yep, just got done removing the CC out of my stock mufflers. Hopin for a little louder, deeper sound. Used to remove the CC on cars years ago and it usually made them a little louder, gotta wait till morning to try it out.
fierofly

looks like you got the freight train nacelle and light kit on your bike

i was planning the same only black PC

any advice , part source or part numbers - the more I talk to my local HD part guy the more i'm convinced how little he knows

did you use HD parts or aftermarket? ball park cost - any unfroseen headaches - fitting the light bar and the nacelle?

many thanks

docbdj

Old 04-09-2011, 09:32 PM
docbdj
4th Gear

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
My guess is you could call a dealer, have them look in the parts book at the exploded diagram and get the part number. I had mine off, stripped and powder coated, and the part number isn't stamped on it IIRC. Since it is just a stock part and not an accessory, finding the info on the internets might be difficult.
beaselyiv

looks like you got the freight train nacelle and light kit on your bike

i was planning the same only black PC

any advice , part source or part numbers - the more I talk to my local HD part guy the more i'm convinced how little he knows

did you use HD parts or aftermarket? ball park cost - any unfroseen headaches - fitting the light bar and the nacelle?

many thanks

docbdj

Old 04-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

um, shouldn't those be private messages?

Old 04-09-2011, 09:40 PM
cpiad
Account Closed
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
One a cop always a cop. Book 'em Dano....they shoulda PMed.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:41 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

No nacelle on my bike. First and best piece of advice, get the HD P&A catalog from you local dealer. It will have everything you need.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:42 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Hey SGT, how are those grips in comparison to stock? I've been contemplating them for some time now. Kuryakyn ISO black, right?

Old 04-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah the ISO Blacks.. they're nice.. however, the glue that Kurykyn sends you for the clutch side is insane.. it adheres in less than a second, so if you dont get the grip on and straight first try, you're screwed.. bust out the ice pick and start prying it off. otherwise they're very comfortable, and the $17 throttle boss on the ..well..throttle obviously makes a world of difference when cruising. Aside from the glue being a pain in the *** they're really nice.

...AND.. I emailed Kurykyn awhile back and got sent this in return. (I obviously had a drink or two when i wrote the email..):

js@kuryakyn.com to me
show details Mar 25

Jim ,

Yes we are looking at doing more black items later this year, keep an eye on our website.

Best Regards,

JAN SHIPE
CUSTOMER SERVICE/TECH DEPT. SUPERVISOR
P: 866-277-9598 x163 - F: 715-247-5007
js@kuryakyn.com - www.kuryakyn.com

Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 10:37 AM
To: S, Jan
Subject: Black ISO line..

Good Afternoon Kuryakyn,

I recently purchased a set of Black ISO grips and throttle boss (6320 & 6319, respectively) and I must tell you that I love the look and the feel of them. They look so much better on my black Harley than the chrome ones look on my dad's black Harley. I do, however, have a small issue.. You guys don't have the Black ISO Footpegs/Pedals listed on your website (yet). I, as well as numerous other Harley riders, would love to see these in a Black line, especially since my motorcycle is minimalist-chrome. Is Kuryakyn planning on releasing a Black ISO footrest line? I sure hope so. Thanks for making great products.

-Jim

Old 04-09-2011, 11:23 PM
schwag one
Cruiser

Anyone have a set of hooker headers? I saw some on a fatboy on a ride earlier, they looked and sounded amazing.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:04 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by warmongersix
Well, broke down and got a '11 FBL. Had to get rid of the nightster, which I loved. Wife just got back from Iraq and cleared me to get a bigger bike since she wants to start ridin with me, and as promotion present (SFC)! I won't get it unitl mid May from paint and parts being done. You all have some great bikes and I'll post mine as soon as I get this thing back. Here is what I'm having done.

List of parts and MODS being done;

VH Short shots BLK-1800-0745
SE Black Heavy Breather- 29098-09
A-C cover, teardrop BLK- 28739-10
SE EFI super tuner pro- 32109-08B
Diamond black clutch/brake lines
BLk lower fork kit- 45500015
Badlander Seat distressed brown- 52000025
backrest pad brown distressed- 52300026
Sissy bar from Crossbones- 52729-08
Black street slammers- 55985-10
Detachable LG windshield (black) clear- 57688-10
Tank panel, brown distressed- 70900103
Paint core/grind Denim Red- 95710-10DIT
Brown distressed swing arm bag- 905200456
BLK fork tube covers (upper)- 45591-02
(all required dampening kits, and relo's as well)

Decided to go a little bit different direction than most. I think the distressed brown leather and the Red Denim will look really good together...at least I hope. I included the part numbers as I have em easily available.
Man, this sounds great, I can't wait to see it!

Old 04-10-2011, 08:05 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Jim 2011 FB-LO
I just bought a 2011 Pearl Silver Fat Boy Lo a few weeks ago. Im still waiting on it to get here from Germany due to a recall. My question is...Does anyone have a good option for mounting the enormous Euro License plates. I am not against having a license plate OR a sissy bar, but I prefer them to not be the same thing

I am looking forward to doing alot of upgrades to the bike once it is broken in, there are some beautiful bikes on here and some very creative ideas many of you have come up with.

Jim
What is this recall that you speak of???

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners