Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 08:45 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TNB
After some powder coating and a new gauge, I finally got to go cruising tonight and try out the new gauge. In the morning, a poker run....

Holly chit, that's one badass speedo!

Old 04-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that's the one that has like 600 colors advertised, isn't it? for like $250 from HD?

anyways.. Gosh Darn it to Shiz... 55* out today, sunny..sure that's jacket weather or whatnot and whoforth.. but naturally my back yard is flooded, so even if I try to get my bike back outside from the dining room, she's going to sink in the mud. I swear someone's out to get me..

Old 04-09-2011, 12:50 PM
NetDevil
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple new pics

You guys have bad *** looking Lo's. I think I am done for time being. Saving the cash for another bike to add to the garage. The Lo needs company

Name:  FatBoyLo013.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  73.2 KB

Name:  FatBoyLo015.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  76.3 KB

Old 04-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Well it's about dang time.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:12 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow Jim,
You really did a good job! Glad your up and running bro.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Jim 2011 FB-LO
6th Gear
Default Euro Plate Options

I just bought a 2011 Pearl Silver Fat Boy Lo a few weeks ago. Im still waiting on it to get here from Germany due to a recall. My question is...Does anyone have a good option for mounting the enormous Euro License plates. I am not against having a license plate OR a sissy bar, but I prefer them to not be the same thing

I am looking forward to doing alot of upgrades to the bike once it is broken in, there are some beautiful bikes on here and some very creative ideas many of you have come up with.

Jim

Old 04-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

BAHAHAHA another Lo owner named Jim.. that's what.. 4? 5?

Sorry I don't have any ideas for aftermarket Euro plate frames because I don't know their laws on visibility over there..

Second, thanks first Jim.. now I gotta get all the road gunk and nastiness from her paint..and sharpe in some scratches i've found

Old 04-09-2011, 09:23 PM
docbdj
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Fierofly
Yep, just got done removing the CC out of my stock mufflers. Hopin for a little louder, deeper sound. Used to remove the CC on cars years ago and it usually made them a little louder, gotta wait till morning to try it out.
looks like you got the freight train nacelle and light kit on your bike

i was planning the same only black PC

any advice , part source or part numbers - the more I talk to my local HD part guy the more i'm convinced how little he knows

did you use HD parts or aftermarket? ball park cost - any unfroseen headaches - fitting the light bar and the nacelle?

many thanks

docbdj

Old 04-09-2011, 09:25 PM
NorCalFBLO
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Sgt Jim, great job, glad to see you up and running but you got to loose the rear reflectors...

Old 04-09-2011, 09:26 PM
docbdj
4th Gear

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
The rims I wanted, I was going to have to wait for because of the coin. I decided to 1 off the wheels and If it didn't work out, then I would have no choice but to buy the new wheels I couldn't afford! Kinda of a psychology challenge for myself.

So here's what I ended up doing, I sanded the wheels entirely while contiplating on how I was going to implement the stripe. I did not want it on the paint, I wanted it in the paint. I did not want to powdercoat it, because the process to do that and have the stripe imbedded was quite a task.

So I needed help! I went to a friend of mine that does some custom paint on sleds. He painted the stripe first, then taped it off. Then we painted the entire wheel black, then pulled the tape off the stripe. The paint has hardner in it. He then applied a clearcoat to the whole wheel.

It was a risk, that payed off. I get more attention on my $250 wheel mods, than I do on my high dollar custom seat/bibs.

So when someone like yourself takes notice in them, it really makes my day, so thanks bro!

Jim - JIMSSFBL

what is the width of the red stripe on your rim?

I was thinking of a different color?

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners