Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 04:59 AM
SkinnyonFatboyLo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ScooterFLSTFB
I called Wild1 on the phone and the owner told me that model WO500 are the closest to the Street Slammers. I put the low profile WO560 on my wife's Fat Boy Lo. They were perfect for her because she had to reach for the stock bars. On the WO560 I replaced the throttle cable with 4 inch over stock. I did not measure the stock front brake line, but I put a 42 inch Goodridge universal line on it with black banjo's. The front caliper has a 45 degree banjo. Goodridge does not make a 45 so I had to use a Russell. The stock clutch cable was plenty long.
Thanks for the info. So it sounds like even though the wild1 bars are cheaper, I would probably be coming out around the same price because you have to change more cables. I am 6'1" so I really am not reaching so the wild1 bars might be alittle to close if they have more pullback.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:05 AM
Toledofatboy
Advanced

Just got my Lo out of winter storage at the dealer. Had them install black lowers before putting it on the shelf. Finally got to see it and couldn't be happier! Bought short beach bars and installing them soon. Installed Cycle Visions floorboard extensions. At 6'0" they work perfect!
Trying to post pics but not having much luck. Can someone help?

Old 04-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Caseyx
Tourer

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL

It's alligator w/ full quill ostrich wrap around. Made by Robert Martin (alligatorbob.com)
He ain't cheap, but he is the best in the country bar none.
My biggest challenge is going to be find a seat design I like better than yours. It's as close to perfection that I can think of and it's been on my mind for 6 months. I'm gonna try and top it by going out into the Everglades and shooting the gator myself and then meditate on the design with some indians. Maybe throw in some stingray...

Old 04-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Caseyx
Tourer

Originally Posted by Seavonj
Just had a Set of V&H Short Shot Staggered Pipes and a RSD Black Ops Installed on my Fat Boy LO. They sound great .
I just ordered the same ac except in contrast cut to match my edge cut gear. How's performance?

Old 04-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Port City Hog
Advanced

Originally Posted by Caseyx
My biggest challenge is going to be find a seat design I like better than yours. It's as close to perfection that I can think of and it's been on my mind for 6 months. I'm gonna try and top it by going out into the Everglades and shooting the gator myself and then meditate on the design with some indians. Maybe throw in some stingray...
hahaha... (Jim's bike is "sick")

Old 04-06-2011, 08:44 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Just make it your own bro! You will get the most out of it by coming up with a design that is completely out of your imagination. Your a FL boy as I was, so I get the desire for gator tail.

What really makes my seat is the quality of the hide. They rate them and you pay for each grade/quality level (kinda like diamonds). The 2nd secret is who tans the hide, make sure they have done it several times before.

I can tell by your passion that what ever you come up with is gonna be cool bro. The vision will just hit you one night and wake your *** up hehe.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:44 AM
HEMI Army
Cruiser

LOL. Too funny.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Toledofatboy
Just got my Lo out of winter storage at the dealer. Had them install black lowers before putting it on the shelf. Finally got to see it and couldn't be happier! Bought short beach bars and installing them soon. Installed Cycle Visions floorboard extensions. At 6'0" they work perfect!
Trying to post pics but not having much luck. Can someone help?
Method 1:
1) go to either Photobucket, or ImageShack and make an account
2) Upload your photos to your online album. when they're uploaded they should provide you with a link to the image that starts with an [IMG] and ends with an [/IMG]
3) Copy and paste that link into the forum, and you're done.

Method 2:
If your photos are already online somewhere (i.e. facebook, etc), right-click on the image and select "View Image" or "Open Image in New Tab" depending on your browser.. it will give you a link in the browser bar to where that image is.. copy that link and paste it in the forum.. then just type [IMG] and [/IMG] on either side.. (with the brackets).. and you're done

...now I forget what I was going to write.. oh well i'll remember later.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Caseyx
Tourer

Some of my best idea's have occured while taking a shower in the morning...I used to keep a notepad by the bed and in the bathroom till I got my iPhone/iPad.

I think once I get the approx. 30 mod's or so mod's I've torn down the bike for done in the next week or two, I'll just sit and stare at it for awhile, maybe something will come to me then. For some reason, I really want the seat to be unique and have some meaning behind it other than, "yeah, i ordered it online". Nothing wrong with that, that's pretty much what I have done so far, but this is different for me.

I'd prefer to find someone capable in South Florida so that it would be a face to face thing and I could see some of his work first hand.

Got my A/C in today, man it looks even better in person...
Name:  RSD_AC.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  77.5 KB

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
Just make it your own bro! You will get the most out of it by coming up with a design that is completely out of your imagination. Your a FL boy as I was, so I get the desire for gator tail.

What really makes my seat is the quality of the hide. They rate them and you pay for each grade/quality level (kinda like diamonds). The 2nd secret is who tans the hide, make sure they have done it several times before.

I can tell by your passion that what ever you come up with is gonna be cool bro. The vision will just hit you one night and wake your *** up hehe.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Murderface
Tourer

Caseyx, the AC looks amazing. I really want an RSD, but they are too damn much.

Side note to the rest of the thread, what fender bibs will fit our bike? Mustang says theirs will only fit with their seat, and the harley one is a little expensive. Any other options?

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners