Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 11:29 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
thanks..Hopefully by thursday morning I'll have her back outside.

Btw, don't turn the "run" on with an empty gas time.. that fuel pickup makes a really sad noise.. like a little girl in a desert screaming "I'm thirsty!"
Chit bro, you have been steady after it I see! You should be proud.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:04 AM
Caseyx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang, I am so used to seeing torn down. Gonna miss the pics of the bike jacked up in the dining room. Kinda reminds of when I was a kid and I needed a quarter to ride the one in front of the grocery store...

BTW, thanks for reposting the fork tear-down info. Seeing how far you tore your bike down has given me motivation to do the same with mine. Of course, instead of a few day tear down for bars and accessories, it's gonna be a few weeks now, but I'll survive. Hope the bike does, LOL.

Getting there! Gotta adjust the belt tension, put my mirrors back on, unbork my turn signal covers, mount the swingarm bag, and reassemble the primary cover and top off the fluids and i'm done!.. well until i get it outside and see all the fingerprints all over it and have to spend 10 hours detailing.

Last edited by Caseyx; 04-05-2011 at 07:08 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:02 AM
rrambo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FBLJosh
Where in Georgia are you? I'm from north Georgia, gonna be moving back up there this summer from Southwest Florida.
South Georgia... right off of I-75.. Valdosta area so just a hop from Florida...

Old 04-05-2011, 09:30 AM
HEMI Army
Cruiser

Has anyone scotchbrited the stock Lo bars to match the rest of the satin chrome stuff on the bike? Was thinking this might be an easy interim fix for the shiny chrome bars until I install something black.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:42 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by HEMI Army
Has anyone scotchbrited the stock Lo bars to match the rest of the satin chrome stuff on the bike? Was thinking this might be an easy interim fix for the shiny chrome bars until I install something black.
I've seen it done, just not on the lo. I thought about that myself at one time, but ended up with new bars instead. Do it!

Old 04-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aaahhh I'm happier than a Priest at a Boy Scout meeting.. all that's left is to set my headlight to the right place (so it's not pointed directly at the ground, because that would be unkosher).. reassemble the shroud around the headlight, hook up the battery, fill her with fuel, and get her out the door.. too bad it's supposed to rain for the next few days before getting cold again.. but that's why they make leathers, right?

Old 04-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Jim would you happen know the paint code they used on the headlight trim. I ordered one last week and want to to have it powder coated as well.
yeah man its the Visored Headlight Bezel.. HD P/N 69734-05, $41.95.. cost me $10 to powder coat it, so less than the cost of sandpaper and paint and stuff, and came out immaculate and matches the headlight housing to a tee.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Jim would you happen know the paint code they used on the headlight trim. I ordered one last week and want to to have it powder coated as well.

The code that I saw them put in was SWBlack.. which stands for Super Wet Black, but I dont know if that is their code or an actual thing.. but any reputable powder coater should know what Harley Vivid Black looks like, or Super Wet Black..

Old 04-05-2011, 01:15 PM
CMC
Road Captain

You guys have some sick bikes. I am selling my Triumph tonight and will be replacing it with a Fat Boy Lo.

Any thoughts on a good price for a 2011 in SoCal? I've never bought a new Harley - the Triumph guys negotiated on price and I got a good deal on my last bike. My first bike was a 1200 Sporty I bought used off craigslist so I don't have any HD dealer experience. I went into the Riverside HD dealer a couple weeks ago and the salesman there told me they negotiate on price... just need a little guidance on what to expect, what's reasonable, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Old 04-05-2011, 01:22 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by CMC
You guys have some sick bikes. I am selling my Triumph tonight and will be replacing it with a Fat Boy Lo.

Any thoughts on a good price for a 2011 in SoCal? I've never bought a new Harley - the Triumph guys negotiated on price and I got a good deal on my last bike. My first bike was a 1200 Sporty I bought used off craigslist so I don't have any HD dealer experience. I went into the Riverside HD dealer a couple weeks ago and the salesman there told me they negotiate on price... just need a little guidance on what to expect, what's reasonable, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Chris
$18,000 before mods
$40,000 after mods

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners