Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1900th post in this thread. w00t.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:59 AM
GROWLNTA
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
1900th post in this thread. w00t.

Lies! your 1901

Old 04-04-2011, 09:41 AM
James Riley
Tourer

I don't know but it seems a little complicated for this Jar Head Jim. I think I'll be letting the dealer or someone else do my heavy lifting. Besides, my garage is used by other people who will be sure to loose, dent, scratch or otherwise ruin my bike/parts.

I envy you guys though. Like someone else said, I'll be moving very slow, one change at a time, but I'll get there eventually.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:20 AM
DeezNuts
Advanced

Dont know if you got an answer yet but what I did was put a floor jack under the scoot and jack it up just enough to get my hand under the rear fender so I could remove the bolts....Good Luck

Originally Posted by BarroomHero
Ok so I bought a layback plate mount today. I'm having some troubles getting the stock mount off, the screws seem retardedly inacessable, anyone have any tips here?

Old 04-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by James Riley
I don't know but it seems a little complicated for this Jar Head Jim. I think I'll be letting the dealer or someone else do my heavy lifting. Besides, my garage is used by other people who will be sure to loose, dent, scratch or otherwise ruin my bike/parts.

I envy you guys though. Like someone else said, I'll be moving very slow, one change at a time, but I'll get there eventually.
aside from reassembling the wiring harness, everything goes back together pretty easily.. its just like a screwed up erector set..

and as you can see, I don't even have a garage, I have a dining room.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:04 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Jim I'm sorry but I'm sitting here LOL at your long post there. Wish I could help you and it sounds like you have the same luck I'd have if I did all that work. Good luck with finishing it bro!

Old 04-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Caseyx
Tourer

I sent NAMZ an email last night and they called me first thing in the morning and are sending the extra harness today.

Now, I got to go out and find a 2 hose clamps for the cross over and, ****, something else. I forget what it is now. Damnit. Oh yeah, nicer looking banjo bolts. Then again, I could just paint the old ones black once the bike is back together...

I thought about doing a quick-disconnect for the x-over, but it wasnt really that big of a deal to drain the tank and who doesn't love the smell of gas?

Old 04-04-2011, 01:13 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
PS: If you ever choose to disassemble your forks from the lower fork sliders.. there is a bolt in the bottom that holds the internal parts to the external parts, it's brass in color and has an allen head.. simple right? Well once you get them apart..if you thread that bolt back into the internal parts (you know, so it doesn't get lost...).. try to remember where you put it.. because if you reassemble everything and can't figure out where those bolts went, you're going to end up ripping the crud apart again. <-from personal experience. x2.
Ok, now that is funny. I feel ya, I just can't believe I didn't do that when I had mine apart.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Arv
Road Captain

@ Willie & Jimsfbl
Your front fenders are very nice indeed, from where?
Also i see you got it lowered, that ride is just about perfect, what did you do bro?

Old 04-04-2011, 02:43 PM
drknlo
Advanced

Originally Posted by Arv
@ Willie & Jimsfbl
Your front fenders are very nice indeed, from where?
Also i see you got it lowered, that ride is just about perfect, what did you do bro?
I got mine from Native Custom Baggers. Great guy to work with.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners