Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 02:30 AM
adcuevas
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys. Thanks for the complements! I really appreciate it. I painted the bezzels behind the headlight, headlight and trim ring, struts, belt guard. Pretty much everything that was gloss black. And all I used was Harley black satin spray paint. $20 bucks a can from your local dealer. I sanded or scuffed up every piece and sprayed away. I also painted the satin chrome console that hold the speedo and ignition satin black a couple days ago. Looks great!

Old 05-25-2010, 11:03 AM
BioHzd Lo
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone has great looking bikes! Mine's a little slower of an upgrade project.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-003.jpg  
Old 05-25-2010, 01:19 PM
RuMbLeStRiP
Advanced

Question for a Fat Boy Lo owner out there who has swapped out the stock bars with new ones. I'm looking for someone who has put 14" Wild 1 blackout Apes on their fatboy lo. I'm looking to do it and i'm trying to get some part numbers togather. I went to the dealership to get part numbers and the guy that helped me out didn't seem all that knowledgable (go figure) so i want to compare what he said to what others did. Also, any problems you ran into on the way and things not to do will be extremely helpful!

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-25-2010, 03:03 PM
TX Lo Life
Cruiser

Originally Posted by RuMbLeStRiP
Question for a Fat Boy Lo owner out there who has swapped out the stock bars with new ones. I'm looking for someone who has put 14" Wild 1 blackout Apes on their fatboy lo. I'm looking to do it and i'm trying to get some part numbers togather. I went to the dealership to get part numbers and the guy that helped me out didn't seem all that knowledgable (go figure) so i want to compare what he said to what others did. Also, any problems you ran into on the way and things not to do will be extremely helpful!

Thanks in advance!
I have them on my bike but i dont have any part numbers to share,I ordered all my stuff as a kit from HCC. Didn't run into any problems, just take your time. Good luck!

Old 05-25-2010, 03:28 PM
alexandertg4
Novice

Hey guys, just got my Fat Boy Lo on sunday. I have a question for you experts. When putting a pipe on, is any software necessary?

Old 05-25-2010, 03:42 PM
Beeble
Intermediate

Hey Alexandertg4,
Congrats on the bike purchase.
So, I've heard mixed things on whether or not software is needed. Some say no, pipes are fine, others say to do a super tuner (or power commander), and the high flow system. Some say you'll be fine, others say it won't run right...I chose to do the Super tuner and High Flow on mine because... well, I figured I'd eventually do it, so why not now.

The reason I chose the HD Super Tuner was because my shop said they wouldnt do warranty work if I used the "power commander".

Not sure if I really helped or just added to the confusion.

Make sure you post pics once you get modding.

-Beeble

Old 05-25-2010, 04:14 PM
jbg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by alexandertg4
Hey guys, just got my Fat Boy Lo on sunday. I have a question for you experts. When putting a pipe on, is any software necessary?
I installed V&H black BSS, a Heavy Breather and the V&H FuelPak on Saturday. No software necessary with the FuelPak. The black pipes look sooooooooooooo nice on that bike too.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:23 PM
alexandertg4
Novice

Originally Posted by jbg
I installed V&H black BSS, a Heavy Breather and the V&H FuelPak on Saturday. No software necessary with the FuelPak. The black pipes look sooooooooooooo nice on that bike too.
I am wondering if the FuelPak is necessary though or is it alright just to run the pipes.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:38 PM
Arv
Road Captain

Just coming up to 650 miles and its not running smooth just of tickover (light throttle) and I recon a fuel pac will be the answer..

Old 05-25-2010, 05:38 PM
FormerBueller
Intermediate

I put pipes on mine (V&H big radius 2 into1) ... everything else is stock. It runs perfectly fine.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners