Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 11:13 PM
BarroomHero
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TNB
Bags off...

Thanks TNB, looks clean. Which detach. kit is that? do you a p/n?

Old 03-15-2011, 11:31 PM
TNB
Road Master

The bags are 88306-07, but there are several types of Docking Hardware listings in the catalog for the model bags I have: Models equipped with detachable accessories require 88256-07; Models without detachable accessories require 53932-03A; and models with rigid accessories require 88298-07. Rear directional relocation kit also shows two different part numbers.

I also have the detachable sissybar and the black caps which cover the fender docking hardware when I'm not running with the saddlebags.

However, don't rely on my post, especially if you don't have the same bags since the docking hardware may be bag specific.

Last edited by TNB; 03-15-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:39 PM
BarroomHero
Intermediate

OK. I took one of my bags off today just to see what it looked like. Mine has 2 14mm bolts (Im in canada). One on the inside of the bag and one on the bag by the turn signal that go through the strut and ( i think) into the fender. It this the same mounting kit you have or is your some sort or quick release kit? My bags are different than yours (unsure of the p/n, they came with the bike).

Old 03-15-2011, 11:57 PM
TNB
Road Master

Originally Posted by BarroomHero
OK. I took one of my bags off today just to see what it looked like. Mine has 2 14mm bolts (Im in canada). One on the inside of the bag and one on the bag by the turn signal that go through the strut and ( i think) into the fender. It this the same mounting kit you have or is your some sort or quick release kit? My bags are different than yours (unsure of the p/n, they came with the bike).
Yes, my saddlebags are detachable / quick release. They also attach at a third point (near the passenger foot pegs) other than the 2 connecting points on the rear fender.

Last edited by TNB; 03-15-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:06 AM
BarroomHero
Intermediate

Perfect. Thx for the help. Looks like I gotta get new hardware...and those black caps for sure.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Pyron
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TNB
Bags off...

Money. I just need to finish up with detachable bags so I can "tour" Just. Like. That.

Can't wait to put some real miles on my Lo

Old 03-16-2011, 02:11 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Founds some pics from last summer. In front of Sturgis HD before the rally and behind Mt. Rushmore.
Name:  IMG00370-20100717-1848.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  81.2 KB
Name:  IMG00378-20100718-1202.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  132.2 KB

Old 03-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

awesome.. my dad, my neighbor, another guy, and myself are always trying to plan a trip to ride from Jersey to Sturgis..but it's like a week's ride out, a week's ride back, and a few days to hang out down there.. so the logistics part of it is difficult as hell..

side story.. the taillight i got from J&P Cycles i despise.. it's supposed to be smoked, but it was clear with a chrome insert inside of it, and a big red bulb.. it was only $30, and im not returning it because i dont want to pay to ship it back nor pay the restocking fee.. so my current project for the day (while the sun is shining) is to hit it with some VHT Nite Shades and make it darker.. the sides i'm doing 3 coats (where the chrome insert is and light doesn't shine through), the back lens i'm doing 1 coat to give it a light light tint, and the license plate window i'm leaving clear, as per state laws.. so far it's coming out pretty nice.. kinda makes me wish i had done it to my red lens stock taillight and saved $30.. oh well. I'll post pics when its done

Old 03-16-2011, 02:45 PM
BarroomHero
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
awesome.. my dad, my neighbor, another guy, and myself are always trying to plan a trip to ride from Jersey to Sturgis..but it's like a week's ride out, a week's ride back, and a few days to hang out down there.. so the logistics part of it is difficult as hell..
It takes you a week to get from Jersey to Sturgis? Shoudnt take much more than a couple solid days riding. You guys must plan alot of stops along the way. We rode down from Edmonton, Alberta in 2.5 days.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BarroomHero
It takes you a week to get from Jersey to Sturgis? Shoudnt take much more than a couple solid days riding. You guys must plan alot of stops along the way. We rode down from Edmonton, Alberta in 2.5 days.
well it's 1700 miles, and that's highway.. and keep in mind they're some older guys and don't want to be doing 500-600 a day, so we give ourselves enough time, ya know? and who wants to be taking the highway the entire ride? gotta see some countryside somewhere...

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners