Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
damn fine job on that. I think, since it's not going to get over 60* here until friday, and even that isn't a fact, that i'm just going to get mine powder coated.. i dropped off a bunch of parts today, and it's only $6 for the headlight trim ring since it's a small part.. so..yeah.
Thanks Jim.

Where are you getting powder coat for 6 bucks?? Every place I have looked around me is a minimum of 25!

Old 03-15-2011, 08:26 PM
ThePinger
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
Yeah, it'll smoke and stink a bit for a while. It's the packing and stuff inside getting settled in, not the coating. Even now mine has a slight odor if you can smell it above the regular exhaust smell. I love the exhaust though and would buy again and again. The price is right, quality is good, sound is awesome, and the option is there to quiet it down in a minute if necessary.

Yeah I am very pleased with it so far. Right now the bulk of the smoke is coming up from between the heat shields and the pipes. I figured it may be burning off some factory protective coating or something.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:27 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePinger
Yeah I am very pleased with it so far. Right now the bulk of the smoke is coming up from between the heat shields and the pipes. I figured it may be burning off some factory protective coating or something.
Yeah, that should stop in a good 5-10 miles.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:54 PM
BarroomHero
Intermediate

Wow, some awesome bikes in here! Giving me lots of ideas. Does anyone happen to have any close up pics of the detachable bag kit? What does it look like with the bags off?

Old 03-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperGLow07
Thanks Jim.

Where are you getting powder coat for 6 bucks?? Every place I have looked around me is a minimum of 25!
GrandStand Designs in Metuchen, NJ.. they handle the Powder Coating for 3 local Harley dealers around here as well as some fabrication companies that are nearby.. all of my "small parts".. (i.e the the two bolts at the top of the forks on top of the trees.. the cap that covers the bolt that holds the trees together, and that thing on the bottom of one of the forks that unbolts away from the axle.. they're all $6 each)..
the Inspection/Derby (whatever you want to call it) cover from the primary is $25, the headlight trim ring i got quoted at $6, just gotta drop it off.. the rotors were i think $40 each to do the inside where the brake pad doesn't hit, both sides.. the fork lowers i think were like $60 each, the "cow bells" or uppers or whatever you want to call them (Those flat black things that are ugly as sin and stick out like a sore thumb on the front end) are $12 each.. and my primary cover is going to be like $90 or 100..idk, the receipt is in my car.. all with tax, labor was $325. Not. That. Bad.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:04 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

thats a pretty good price. I paid $400 to have my entire front done including the risers (I left the top of the tree stock though) to the bottom lowers.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what's awesomer is i'm buying all these parts and powder coating and whatnot, and have paid maybe $50 out of pocket.. otherwise it's all coming from the money i got for a Sportster I sold.. so huzzah to that.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what's the part number on that headlight trim ring. Also is that on a stock headlight

Old 03-15-2011, 10:50 PM
TNB
Road Master

Originally Posted by BarroomHero
Wow, some awesome bikes in here! Giving me lots of ideas. Does anyone happen to have any close up pics of the detachable bag kit? What does it look like with the bags off?
Bags off...

Old 03-15-2011, 11:13 PM
Caseyx
Tourer

Originally Posted by SuperGLow07
Hey just a heads up, power commander V works on 2011 model year bikes.

****, I meant PowerVision...

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners