Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 03:36 PM
ThePinger
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Port City Hog
Just wondering on a cold crappy day in Ohio
Where abouts in Ohio? I'm down in Dayton.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Pyron
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
That's what she said.

Anywho.. My issue is going to be my impatience with waiting for the paint to dry.. i always try to do something too fast and end up mucking it all up..
That's what she said.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Pyron
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ThePinger
Note to self... Never troubleshoot wiring while on 5 hours of sleep in 2 days. You just might end up looking at the wrong plug >< Yeah I found where I wired wrong. THE BEAST SHALL BREATHE THIS WEEKEND! Already calling for sunny and high 60's WOO HOO! Time to burn through the 500 mile breakin period! Perhaps Tail of the Dragon @ Deal's Gap?
I'm planning a trip down there from Wisconsin probably in May when I get back from Iraq... I'll keep in mind that you're near there

Old 03-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Arv
Road Captain

Think your self lucky with 60-70 deg we maxed out at 16 c this week

Old 03-15-2011, 06:48 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Painted Headlight Trim Ring

Well here it is on the bike.

I don't think I have ever painted anything with a rattle can that looked this good. I did however take my time and do it the right way unlike most other times I use spray paint lol looks pretty damn good even up close

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-headlight.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-headlight1.jpg  
Old 03-15-2011, 06:52 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn fine job on that. I think, since it's not going to get over 60* here until friday, and even that isn't a fact, that i'm just going to get mine powder coated.. i dropped off a bunch of parts today, and it's only $6 for the headlight trim ring since it's a small part.. so..yeah.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Caseyx
So, now that I am back from Daytona, it's time to start on the huge list of mods for my Lo.

But, I have a little bit of cash left and don't know which items to go for that I have not already purchased.

If I were to only purchase one...

1. Ride Wright http://www.ridewrightwheels.com/fat_50 . I'm worried that, even though they will be the same size, i'll lose the Fat Boy look without the solid disc.
2. Shotgun Shock, adds comfort and a sweet look, plus it would be fun.
3. Custom seat, passenger pillon and sissy bar pad, either black leather with red sting-ray inlay or black gator. I'm gonna ride a lot and am worried about wear and tear on a custom seat.

Just waiting on PC or TTS to come out with the tuning solution for '11 so I can decide on an AC.

Am I forgetting anything major? The denim paint is staying, not changing any tins, maybe some tunes?
Hey just a heads up, power commander V works on 2011 model year bikes.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:30 PM
ThePinger
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Pyron
I'm planning a trip down there from Wisconsin probably in May when I get back from Iraq... I'll keep in mind that you're near there

Nice! I am stationed at Wright-Patterson AFB if you are planning on hitting the Air Force Museum while you are here. The place is HUGE and free. Just make sure to plan for a whole day if you really want to look at things.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:52 PM
ThePinger
Intermediate

By the way everyone...

IT LIVES!!!! IT BREATHES!!!!

I got that wiring problem straightened out and fired up the bike tonight for the first time since the overhaul. No leaks either! (so far *knocks on wood*). The Patriot Defender exhaust sounds PIMP! Tomorrow is clear and 55 degrees, Thursday is partly cloudy and 68! This weekend looks just as good! Something tells me I am going to be doing my 500 mile break in service on Sunday heh heh.

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
Ok, here are some quick pics, and this is the signal one only. Slow and easy gets the job done.

Hey beasleyiv,

I see you have the Patriot Defender exhaust. I just got my bike fired up with the same exhaust and it started smoking like a hooker in Central Park. Did yours smoke for a bit when you first fired it up? If so, how long did it take to "bake in" that black ceramic coating?

And the adventure begins!

Old 03-15-2011, 08:14 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePinger
By the way everyone...

IT LIVES!!!! IT BREATHES!!!!

I got that wiring problem straightened out and fired up the bike tonight for the first time since the overhaul. No leaks either! (so far *knocks on wood*). The Patriot Defender exhaust sounds PIMP! Tomorrow is clear and 55 degrees, Thursday is partly cloudy and 68! This weekend looks just as good! Something tells me I am going to be doing my 500 mile break in service on Sunday heh heh.

Hey beasleyiv,

I see you have the Patriot Defender exhaust. I just got my bike fired up with the same exhaust and it started smoking like a hooker in Central Park. Did yours smoke for a bit when you first fired it up? If so, how long did it take to "bake in" that black ceramic coating?

And the adventure begins!
Yeah, it'll smoke and stink a bit for a while. It's the packing and stuff inside getting settled in, not the coating. Even now mine has a slight odor if you can smell it above the regular exhaust smell. I love the exhaust though and would buy again and again. The price is right, quality is good, sound is awesome, and the option is there to quiet it down in a minute if necessary.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners