Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 08:31 PM
SuspendedUser
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ThePinger
Alright... my Lo is done after 3 months of overhauling (pictures to come when it gets daylight). I have a problem though. If I have the run switch on, as soon as I turn the ignition switch to "on" the motorcycle tries to start itself. I am hoping someone else had the same thing happen and it is a simple "Oh you plugged the ignition switch plug in backwards". I REALLY don't want to have to pull the tank again to check to see if I wired all of the plugs behind it correctly or pull the right switch assembly again. FYI I did go with the street slammers and rewired the plugs instead of cutting and soldering. Is there a brainfart quick "Oh i had that happen before" out there?
holy crap!!! i dont know about this and it hasnt happened to me but i would guess that you crossed some wire somewhere and voltage is being applied to the starter switch circuit when you apply voltage to the "run" circuit by flipping the switch. if i was you i would open that housing and put a meter on the start switch hot wire and a gorund and flip the "run" switch, if you see voltage that might be the problem.

Originally Posted by Youngneg
Hey Lo Brothers,
Just returned from a test run,testing my new lighting...HD LED headlight,custom dynamics turn signals,Brightass light,tail light(bal-3st) and some accent lighting....looked like a billboard on Las vegas strip!!!!Head light....WOW!!! LIKE THE SUNS OVER YOUR SHOULDER...turn signals...GREAT!! very bright! Tail light...Very Bright...highly recommend!!...RECOMMEND ALL OF THIS LIGHTING...post some pics when i figure out photobucket....just would like to thank you LO FREAKS!!! (LIKE MYSELF)...daveflstfb,jimfbl,rquirch..ect....got one question(a stupid one)what do you freaks use to clean your satin chrome ,brush aluminum ....motor covers... was at a dealer today....a dealer that sucks!!! and asked that question ,and they looked at me like i was retarded...maybe right but should have answered my ?...RQUIRCH,,,,where did you get them heat shields!!!! Thanks freaks
dude where are the pictures of all this crap you put on!!! come on!!
i'm drooling over the LED headlamp...

The heatshields are the standards ones that shipped with the pipe, i took them off and drilled trough with a stepping bit.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:35 PM
Fierofly
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New fork and handlebar Bags

Just installed my new fork and handlebar bags. Was going to buy a swingarm bag but couldn't pull the trigger on $170. These cost me $57 for both at Renegade in Tucson where I'll be visiting till the end of the month.

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-dscn1117.jpg

Old 03-12-2011, 10:57 PM
DaveFLSTFB
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Youngneg
Hey Lo Brothers,
daveflstfb,jimfbl,rquirch..ect....got one question(a stupid one)what do you freaks use to clean your satin chrome ,brush aluminum ....motor covers... was at a dealer today....a dealer that sucks!!! and asked that question ,and they looked at me like i was retarded...maybe right but should have answered my ?...RQUIRCH,,,,where did you get them heat shields!!!! Thanks freaks
I use NevrDull... works great on the satin finish

Old 03-13-2011, 01:30 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Killer paint job. Skilled artist.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:37 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sickest Lo I've seen yet Jim. Congrats.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:43 AM
ThePinger
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rquirch
holy crap!!! i dont know about this and it hasnt happened to me but i would guess that you crossed some wire somewhere and voltage is being applied to the starter switch circuit when you apply voltage to the "run" circuit by flipping the switch. if i was you i would open that housing and put a meter on the start switch hot wire and a gorund and flip the "run" switch, if you see voltage that might be the problem..
Yeah I was figuring on having to do that... I think I'll have to post a few pics before I pick up the surgical knife again. What's a weekend for anyway!

Old 03-13-2011, 12:32 PM
ThePinger
Intermediate

test

hmmmm what does everyone use for hosting their photos? Twitpic isn't working out too well.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
Remember...pics or GTFO!!! Haha j/k man. Good luck
Don't worry I'll get some pics, should be a couple days before the process is done but as long as it looks good Im ok with that.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Willie D
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

[quote=ThePinger

hmmmm what does everyone use for hosting their photos? Twitpic isn't working out too well.[/quote]

Photobucket wrks well. . . . .

Old 03-13-2011, 01:38 PM
ThePinger
Intermediate

Name:  FBLo4.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  70.7 KBName:  FBLo1.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  69.1 KB

Name:  FBLo2.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  65.3 KB

Name:  FBLo5.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  68.7 KB

Name:  FBLo7.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  62.9 KB

Sorry for the picture spam all. I just had to have my moment after 6 months of drooling over all of you allz pics heh heh

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners