Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 10:38 AM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperGLow07
True story about the chrome, Ill figure it out. Should be good to go, might go get the stuff tomorrow.

I am actually 6'2" as well. I could have gone 16"s again like I had on the superglide, but I wanted the bada$$ look. I thought it might be slightly uncomfortable, but I have ridden it around for about 2 hours straight so far and its comfortable to me. I thought the stock bars were very uncomfortable for my elbows. I do get the WTF look all the time and people ask about them but they look sick as ****! lol
I'm the same way, the stock bars would hurt my wrists and tailbone after awhile and after the apes I can ride all day. Everyone thinks they're uncomfortable but they're really not. I went to Harley a month ago and I couldn't leave the place cuz people kept asking me about my bars and thought it was badass. Apes are rare around here since they are frowned upon. Lo's are pretty rare too. I think I only saw 2 or 3 other ones during Sturgis rally and they were pretty bone stock.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
I'm the same way, the stock bars would hurt my wrists and tailbone after awhile and after the apes I can ride all day. Everyone thinks they're uncomfortable but they're really not. I went to Harley a month ago and I couldn't leave the place cuz people kept asking me about my bars and thought it was badass. Apes are rare around here since they are frowned upon. Lo's are pretty rare too. I think I only saw 2 or 3 other ones during Sturgis rally and they were pretty bone stock.
There are a few people around here with apes, but nothing more than a 14" bar. The Lo's are really rare in a lot of places too, There weren't many available in Colorado last year. Now that the 2011 bikes are out I think there will be quite a bit more. It was my understanding that it was a limited production for 2010. And the questions on the apes are endless, doesn't it hurt? how do you turn? blah blah blah..... I love mine! lol

Old 03-11-2011, 02:36 PM
JasonV
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony16
LOOKS AWESOME !!!!!!!!! Wheels look great!!!!!!
That is one sweet looking Fat Boy Lo

Last edited by JasonV; 03-11-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:47 PM
JasonV
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JasonV
That is one sweet looking Fat Boy Lo
Originally Posted by JIMSFBL

Just pushin the envelope!
That is one sweet looking Fat Boy Lo!

Old 03-11-2011, 03:13 PM
mau47
1st Gear

Finally got my bike today. 1 month to do the day after purchasing it. Still need to install the blackout tail light and need to buy a lay down tag bracket. After that black out the front forks replace the wheels and handlebars.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-untitled-event-1.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-untitled-event-3.jpg  
Old 03-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mau47
Finally got my bike today. 1 month to do the day after purchasing it. Still need to install the blackout tail light and need to buy a lay down tag bracket. After that black out the front forks replace the wheels and handlebars.
I got the Kuryakyn Laydown frame on mine and I honestly like it, though I may try to paint it black.. though I wish before I had bought that I had saw this link that people had posted here, because this one is pretty daggum awesome:

http://hogrida.com/default.aspx

Old 03-11-2011, 04:33 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mau47
What'd you use on the primary cover?

Old 03-11-2011, 05:18 PM
FatBoyLarry
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
I got the Kuryakyn Laydown frame on mine and I honestly like it, though I may try to paint it black.. though I wish before I had bought that I had saw this link that people had posted here, because this one is pretty daggum awesome:

http://hogrida.com/default.aspx
+1 on the hogrida...

I just got mine and it's a pretty custom look for 25 bucks.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:40 PM
SuspendedUser
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here it is with the D2moto thingamajig...

Old 03-11-2011, 07:49 PM
mau47
1st Gear

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
What'd you use on the primary cover?
I just did the direct replacement in wrinkle black. Part number 60717-07. I'm not super thrilled with it. The texture on it isn't as smooth as the rest of the engine which is disappointing for being OEM but it is good enough.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners