Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 06:09 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 515 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
Sounds like you have a vacuum leak Dan. Sucking air some place it shouldn't. Look around the throttle body there are some ports that are capped and those caps can deteriorate over the years. Check the boots where it meets the heads, with the bike running, spray a little shot of starter fluid at them and see if idle changes. Don't want to run it that way too long, it will get lean, hot and can cause some serious damage
The mechanic at the shop i go to seems to think the same thing. Gonna take the bike over middle of next week and let them look at it. Put the new voltage regulator on today but that didn't change things.

Old 05-24-2019, 02:11 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Freak Show
The mechanic at the shop i go to seems to think the same thing. Gonna take the bike over middle of next week and let them look at it. Put the new voltage regulator on today but that didn't change things.
Voltage regulator seemed like a long shot, but this is where internet diagnostics fall short. I would want to see it hooked up to something that can read data from the ECM and see what IAC valve is doing. If I had to guess from the description of the code. I would say the IAC valve is closing trying to slow the idle and has reached it's limit but engine RPM is too high for for the IAC position. That's just a wild *** guess sitting here at work, I wanted to look the code up but haven't been home before 9pm any night this week and the 4:30am alarm keeps my evening activities to a minimum. I'll see what I can find out this weekend Dan

Old 05-24-2019, 09:57 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

The code is P0507, ECM, it says, ( Idle Air Control System RPM Higher than Expected)

Second code sais Speedo, B1210 had something to do with the speedo sensor reading the level of gas wrong.

I appreciate the help Chuck. I'll also tell the mechanic of your first guess. I don't take it in till wednesday

Old 05-26-2019, 05:37 PM
John Schulz
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My scooter

Old 05-26-2019, 06:59 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Nice ride John, wrong thread. This is for fat boy lo's . You should also post this picture in the softail section so everyone can see your beautiful bike

The following users liked this post:
Fat11Lo (05-28-2019)
Old 05-30-2019, 12:23 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Voltage regulator seemed like a long shot, but this is where internet diagnostics fall short. I would want to see it hooked up to something that can read data from the ECM and see what IAC valve is doing. If I had to guess from the description of the code. I would say the IAC valve is closing trying to slow the idle and has reached it's limit but engine RPM is too high for for the IAC position. That's just a wild *** guess sitting here at work, I wanted to look the code up but haven't been home before 9pm any night this week and the 4:30am alarm keeps my evening activities to a minimum. I'll see what I can find out this weekend Dan
Great guess Chuck. I IAC valve was broken. They are ordering me the part.Also found a leak in my fuel line while hunting around, plus i'm getting a new back tire, needed one.

Old 05-31-2019, 06:19 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Great guess Chuck. I IAC valve was broken. They are ordering me the part.Also found a leak in my fuel line while hunting around, plus i'm getting a new back tire, needed one.
Good to hear they got your bike figured out

Old 05-31-2019, 11:56 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Good to hear they got your bike figured out
You figured it out, i told them what you said so it was the first thing they looked at. Thanks my friend.

Old 05-31-2019, 01:59 PM
sbarron
Road Master
Received 200 Likes on 143 Posts

Speaking of new tires. I need to let the air out of my front so I don't ride until I replace it...lol

The following users liked this post:
Freak Show (05-31-2019)
Old 05-31-2019, 08:50 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by sbarron
Speaking of new tires. I need to let the air out of my front so I don't ride until I replace it...lol
my front will last twice as long as the back

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners