Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:56 PM
cjbruno
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL im assuming it is, or a mounting plate with two sided tape. im not sure what else it could be. My OCD is kicking in haha. The bike hasnt even arrived yet and i am already buying things to customize it. With the paint being denim black, the glass cleaner or hairdryer wont mess up the paint? forgive my ignorance, this is my first bike so i am new to this. Thanks

Old 03-08-2011, 08:29 AM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I always use a heat gun and fishing line to take off badges then use some WD-40 to wipe off what's left behind.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:55 AM
FatBoyLarry
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A hair blow dryer works perfectly for removing badging that's attached with the heavy duty double stick tape.

Here's a tip...use painters tape on the tank (or wherever you are removing a badge), and tuck it under the edges of the badge (the badge is lifted off the tank a little from the thickness of the adhesive tape)...

the tape will protect the paint finish as you pry off the badge with your fingers...as you are lifting one edge, the opposite edge is pushing against the paint finish...simple geometry.

I would be very careful using wd-40 or goo-gone/goof-off products on the denim paint...on chrome or clear coat paint, no problem. but the denim paint will "polish" with some cleaners/solvents...

Old 03-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always used Ronsonol (sp?) lighter fluid to get goo and gunk off of things (glass, paint, plastic, etc).. works tremendously, although yeah, i don't know about the denim paint...

and Casey those engine guards are pretty sick looking.. are the ape's going to have that "pointed" edge at the top too? because that would match and look damn fine.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Willie D
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Lo Boy Mods

TNT - must be nice to have a shop that will work with you and some very nice Mods. I do like the look of the RKC bags, maybe now that I have a 2-1 I can do something like that.

I love your Tag, sure wish Michigan offered a Veteran plate

Won't be long now and we can be riding here in the Great Lake State.

Willie D

Old 03-08-2011, 09:37 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Willie D
TNT - must be nice to have a shop that will work with you and some very nice Mods. I do like the look of the RKC bags, maybe now that I have a 2-1 I can do something like that.

Willie D

Willie, have you noticed a big difference in your performance with those 2 into 1's? They sure look good!

Old 03-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Willie D
Road Master
Cool exhaust change

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
Willie, have you noticed a big difference in your performance with those 2 into 1's? They sure look good!
Jim- can't really give you any info yet, it's still winter here, and there is still a ton of SALT-SAND on the roads. I am hoping for a test ride in a few wekks, and will get back to you with my results. . . . I was really after a different look and I know from previous 2-1's it really helps. Mine is still very much 'Stock' except for the Bassani and the 02 IED's.

Think Spring

Old 03-08-2011, 11:31 AM
TNB
Road Master

Originally Posted by Willie D

Willie D
Thanks.

Who knows, perhaps some legislation can be passed in Michigan. After all, the state would probably love to charge extra for a vanity plate as long as they could make a profit off of it.

If I'm not mistaken, Nevada allows 50+ people to petition for a certain type of plate. It doesn't mean it will get approved, but it's a start. I was one of the first one's to get the Army Airborne plate for my SUV which at that time one could only get numbers. More recently, the plates became available for motorcycles along with letter combinations.

The Army Airborne and Seabee plates are also specialized military plates in that they each have the extra badges on the right unlike the other veterans' plates. DMV also requires that you prove that you were airborne qualified or a member of the Seabees unlike the regular "veteran" plate. For example, I was informed that one could be a spouse or child of a veteran to get the regular veteran plate. Also, I don't mean to offend anyone by using the phrase "regular veteran plate", but am only trying to distinguish the standard veterans' plate from other veterans' plates offered by this state, such as Army Airborne, Seabees, POW, MOH, Pearl Harbor Survivor, Purple Heart, and Disabled Veteran.

Either way, the extra cost (if any) then goes to the Veterans' Home. For example, there is no charge for POW plates.

Last edited by TNB; 03-08-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Willie D
Road Master
Cool Veteran Plates

TNT-
we have them for autos but so far all of my writing to my local congress person has not made it happen, some day I served in the Navy from 1959-1965 - 3+ years aboard the Kitty Hawk CVA-63, now decommissioned and in Bremerton, WA.

You would think that more Vet's would be interested, but so far it hasn't, and your right it would mean more $$$$ for the state. I have one for each of my cages, just had to wrk the letters a bit different, but it wrks.

Can't wait till I can ride the Lo Boy, won't be long now. . .

We used to come out to the High Desert for a few months, right after I retired - St. George, UT - but have not been out for about 4-5 years, Love the ride down I-15 through the Virgin River gorge, Miss the Frosty ***** run too, was always a good time.

TTFN

Old 03-08-2011, 02:21 PM
sEEkEr
Advanced

Hey Willie,

Where can I get that front fender!!!! Thanks...

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners