Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 03:47 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
Are they molded into the bags? If so that sucks. You could sand them down but would need to fix the paint. Change the wording to "Road Head" haha.
those are leather bags.....

to the guy with the bags, I have seen emblems that say Road Kill instead of Road King...

Old 03-07-2011, 04:03 PM
mfmaine
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
I dig the 4* rake on that bike.. though question.. have you ever thought about getting your rotors powder coated black? like the inside rim that the brake pad doesn't touch?
Yep, it's on the list. I'll get there eventually

Old 03-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Miked053
Supporter

Originally Posted by brettnbama
those are leather bags.....

to the guy with the bags, I have seen emblems that say Road Kill instead of Road King...
Yeah i have seen like the script badges that are like roadkill and so on but i was thinking it might be cool to try and find a flat fat boy badge that matches the tank only smaller but I am having no such luck. I am kicking around a few ideas and I do like what tcannon did with his "fatbagger" badge but an idea that original cant be copied imho.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:42 PM
TNB
Road Master

Originally Posted by *****
TNB,
Thanks for the info. It doesn't look like they sell anything online. Definitely love the look of your bag. Do you know the part number of it or have a better picture of it? I might try reaching out to them on the phone or email.

W.
I didn't see a part number off hand, but I snapped a few quick photos. I placed the bag in a Harley cooler and put a light over the top which lit it up well.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-mc-bag-030711-001red.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-mc-bag-030711-002red.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-mc-bag-030711-003red.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-mc-bag-030711-004red.jpg  
Old 03-07-2011, 09:56 PM
wanks
Stage III

Thanks TNB! The pictures help alot!

Old 03-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Caseyx
Tourer

I apologize for the crappy pics and the dirty garage but here are some pics of my Lo with the new black LED headlight and the flat black engine guards from BR. Bars will not be here in time for Daytona (16" apes).

I test fitted the guards with some small bolts I had laying around, took them back off because the Supertrapp X Pipes still need to be installed (hoping the brackets will be here tomorrow morning).

Not sure yet, but I think I will have to still add some highway pegs, just need to find some that fit 1.5" bars. You can rest your feet on the bars, but at 6'2", I'm probably too tall.

Light off, no flash...really like the aggressive look of the black LED.
Name:  IMG_1438-1.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  50.3 KB

The lights are not on, just highly reflective from my iPhone's flash...
Name:  IMG_1440-1.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  48.1 KB

Engine guards...
Name:  IMG_1446-1.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  78.0 KB

Another angle and better shot of my cluttered garage...
Name:  IMG_1444.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  65.9 KB

Last shot of the guards from a lower angle...
Name:  IMG_1443.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  72.6 KB

Hopefully the exhaust brackets will be here tomorrow and I'll have a few more parts on after that. I've got about 12 items to get PC'ed, but that will have to wait till after Daytona...I'm also thinking that I will come back home with a few more parts that'll need PC also. I'd be surprised if I didnt!

Old 03-07-2011, 10:25 PM
cjbruno
Intermediate
Default Looking to replicate the Lo

I am trying my best to be able to be a part of the Fatboy Lo family lol. I bought some Fatboy Lo tank badges and some Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 pipes. Im new to customizing my bike, when i bought it alot was already done. A quick question, when i remove the badges i have now to install the Fatboy ones, how can i get the two sided tape off without ruining the paint or am i going to have to paint my tanks over? Looking forward to hearing your advice and opinions. Cheers.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:28 PM
cjbruno
Intermediate
Default Pic

I am unsure of how to load my bike pic in the window, but ive attached it.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-f2b7f699.jpg  
Old 03-07-2011, 10:42 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Casey, both mods look great bro! I haven't seen anyone else running those gaurds, are they new?

Cj, If it's two sided tape like you say, then use a hairdryer to get it off. Then clean it up with glass cleaner.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:51 PM
TNB
Road Master

Originally Posted by *****
Thanks TNB! The pictures help alot!
You're welcome. Hope they can work something out with you. I know the people in the Boulder Highway store are pretty friendly and helpful.

Originally Posted by Caseyx
Light off, no flash...really like the aggressive look of the black LED.
Wait until you start running down the road with it on. I know I hesitated for a short while on the purchase, but I figured maybe some of the nuts would see me easier and look out better. Besides, it does look better running at night.

Regarding powder coating, I was recently inquiring about if they could powder coat only part of my trim ring and not the entire ring since I wanted to leave the interior part around the headlight itslef chrome and am still trying to make up my mind on whether to go vivid or satin black on the forks. The dealer is still finishing one up with satin forks, satin instrument panel, and a new tach/speedo combo. That's the direction I'm heading, but I want to see what it looks like in person all together before making up my own mind.

Last edited by TNB; 03-07-2011 at 10:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners