Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 11:07 AM
sbarron
Road Master
Received 200 Likes on 143 Posts

Exactly.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:31 PM
tkuligowski
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I really debated keeping the Lo as well and buying a much cheaper used Glide. The last night I had the Lo I literally sat in my garage staring at it drinking beer and contemplating all the mods and what I needed to do for my Grand Canyon trip. The good thing about making a deal was I loved my bike enough I had an easy time walking away until I got the deal I wanted. I very well may be back because yes, this fugly elephant is a beast but I'm definitely enjoying it right now. The Lo is a fun bike to Mod and make your own. In some ways I still prefer it to the S series because I like the contrast of chrome and satin it brings. I'll still be trolling so keep posting pictures. This thread has been my home away from home for 3 years even if I didn't post much.

Old 08-01-2017, 06:56 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Rented a Road Glide Ultra for Myrtle bike week this year, the creature comforts were nice but it just wasn't the right bike for me. The new CVO Street Glide we bought is very nice, much better for me than the RGU but I just can't wait to get back on the Lo. Good luck and ride safe.

Old 08-01-2017, 07:10 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 515 Likes on 453 Posts

i have a buddy that has a cvo street glide, it's nice. it's black and red but that's a boat load of cash for a bike. We have Ocean City bike ween next month. Usually look forward to doing all the demo rides, but since victory won't be there i'll have to find something else to ride.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:33 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Freak Show
i have a buddy that has a cvo street glide, it's nice. it's black and red but that's a boat load of cash for a bike. We have Ocean City bike ween next month. Usually look forward to doing all the demo rides, but since victory won't be there i'll have to find something else to ride.

I could have bought a SG Special and still had money left over with the amount of $ I have put into the LO!

This is my Lo turned into a Bagger, Love tripping on it, can ride it 11-12 hour days and still want to keep riding! More fun on twisties than SG...

From Bobber to Bagger

Just wait!

I just bought a set of RK Classic leather bags. After I gather all of the parts and pieces together, the Lo will be a permanent bagger, but it will still be a Lo!

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 10-08-2017 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:21 AM
BbyDgital
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gommee
Just wait!

I just bought a set of RK Classic leather bags. After I gather all of the parts and pieces together, the Lo will be a permanent bagger, but it will still be a Lo!
Nice, can't wait to see how they look on your Lo! What kind of windshield do you have on it and what is the height? That's the next thing I need to get before my upcoming trip to Skyline Dr, BRP, Wheels Through Time, and the Dragon or Cherohala Skyway.

I've also been commuting on it and keep telling myself to order a damn windshield already. I'm leaning towards a Memphis Shades as I like the one that came on the Road King I have. I also like the convenience of having a bag on the windshield to throw stuff in.

Old 08-02-2017, 07:06 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

how does the speaker sound. i just noticed you switched floor boards, how come?

The Boot Draggers by Bad Jack Machine came in today. Bigger than what i thought, but the look good. Took about 20 minutes to get them placed where i wanted. Just two screws. The left side was being a bit of a pain to get on level, but i'm a bit **** about it. Took'em for a test ride and they're just enough to keep your heel hooked for cruising. They look like to little bat wings on the floor boards. These are perfect if you're like me and don't like the look of or want the expense of a crash bar and pegs

They sent me a letter saying they were on back order by three weeks, but it only took a week and a half. Since i had to wait they sent me a cool company Tee shirt.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-20170803_202142.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-20170803_202201.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-20170803_202215.jpg  

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 10-08-2017 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:47 AM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

how does the speaker sound. i just noticed you switched floor boards, how come?
Stereo works pretty good up about 60 mph, after that it is just noise. I have a windshield, with out one it is good for just around town.

Floorboards were changed because I kept scraping them on corners. The new ones allow me to lean further, I can lean further, but I ended up scraping them too. I guess if I did not scrape boards, I would be scraping exhaust or primary...lol

Originally Posted by BbyDgital
Nice, can't wait to see how they look on your Lo! What kind of windshield do you have on it and what is the height? That's the next thing I need to get before my upcoming trip to Skyline Dr, BRP, Wheels Through Time, and the Dragon or Cherohala Skyway.

I've also been commuting on it and keep telling myself to order a damn windshield already. I'm leaning towards a Memphis Shades as I like the one that came on the Road King I have. I also like the convenience of having a bag on the windshield to throw stuff in.

I have the Nostalgic Windshield. I wanted something unique. It works well, I would always have it on for tripping. Saves me from rocks debris and bugs.
Some guys have problems getting them on and off, but I put a very thin skiff of grease on the grommets and it slides on and off like butter.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...ize-windshield

The Boot Draggers by Bad Jack Machine came in today. Bigger than what i thought, but the look good. Took about 20 minutes to get them placed where i wanted. Just two screws. The left side was being a bit of a pain to get on level, but i'm a bit **** about it. Took'em for a test ride and they're just enough to keep your heel hooked for cruising. They look like to little bat wings on the floor boards. These are perfect if you're like me and don't like the look of or want the expense of a crash bar and pegs

They sent me a letter saying they were on back order by three weeks, but it only took a week and a half. Since i had to wait they sent me a cool company Tee shirt.
I still could not use them, legs too short...lol

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 10-08-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:15 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

no problem here

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-my-fatty.jpg  
Old 08-06-2017, 06:41 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Gommee
Floorboards were changed because I kept scraping them on corners. The new ones allow me to lean further, I can lean further, but I ended up scraping them too. I guess if I did not scrape boards, I would be scraping exhaust or primary...lol
Not quite sure I know what you're talking about

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-ecea85n.jpg

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-u7rtppp.jpg

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners