Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 12:46 PM
jbg
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coastersfwb
So I was out enjoying the 70 degree weather this weekend in the panhandle of Florida and stopped in to a new local shop for their grand opening. Long story short I won a $2000 custom paint job for my Lo in their raffle. A little torn on what to do since I love the blacked out look of my bike. Any ideas? I was thinking possible some vintage pin up girl art on the tank and fenders or maybe aircraft nose art to memorialize my Air Force days. What do you guys think? Get the paint job or leave it all flat? I refuse to go shiny. I love the denim black.
OH hell yes..get the paint! Get something ghosted in. That way you can keep the black and add something to pop! Nice win!

Old 02-24-2011, 12:50 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

So I was out enjoying the 70 degree weather this weekend in the panhandle of Florida and stopped in to a new local shop for their grand opening. Long story short I won a $2000 custom paint job for my Lo in their raffle. A little torn on what to do since I love the blacked out look of my bike. Any ideas? I was thinking possible some vintage pin up girl art on the tank and fenders or maybe aircraft nose art to memorialize my Air Force days. What do you guys think? Get the paint job or leave it all flat? I refuse to go shiny. I love the denim black.
I would sell it for a $1000 cash or some mod exchange of some kind, but you will regret painting the denim black bro.

Leave it. But, If you put paint on it some where, make sure you run that theme through the whole sled.

Nice win though, good problem to have lol.

Last edited by JIMSFBL; 02-24-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:33 PM
BigRedFan74
Novice

Awesome job Criminal. Im envious. Looks totally out there

Old 02-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Caseyx
Tourer

I like both of your ideas as long as the denim stays.

Or, you could buy a set of tins and have those painted instead. I like the idea someone had of selling the paint job...then you have some cash to throw back at the bike.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:53 PM
randykeiper@yahoo.com
Stage II

Originally Posted by DaveFLSTFB
We'll have to have a Lo owners meet & greet... hahaha! I'm about an hour south of that show. Anyway, here's a pic from yesterday.

Dave
Where did you get your forward controls at ?

Old 02-24-2011, 04:20 PM
James Riley
Tourer

I agree, you can't change the Denim. On the other hand, you can't walk away from the $2K freebie. Thus, the only logical thing to do is buy another Harley Davidson with a crappy paint job and get her taken care of.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:28 PM
DaveFLSTFB
Road Captain

Originally Posted by randykeiper@yahoo.com
Where did you get your forward controls at ?
They are stock fx softail controls. Any set from 07 and up will fit the 200 tire fatboy.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:15 PM
mfmaine
Advanced

@rquirch-
Had a little trouble reading your post....kept getting something in my eye. Proud of you, man. Yours is an inspiring story

Old 02-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey i've got another question for this thread which somewhere has probably been asked but heavens to betsy there's 133 pages to this so i can't scroll back through... but..

what do you guys use to clean your engines and really bring out that black?

and i just bought the fender bib from harley and when i put it on i noticed there's alot of white scuffs all over it.. is that normal and can they be buffed out, or should i take it back and get a new one?

Old 02-25-2011, 11:59 PM
Murderface
Tourer

Everyone,

i need opinions. Vance and Hines Big Shots Staggered or Short Shots Staggered. Im going black either way, but im not sure what to get. Opinions????

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners