Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 08:01 PM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mother
Hilarious!

Old 01-28-2016, 08:02 PM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatburger
Thanks much. I hear ya. The street glide wasn't for me. The ole lady loved it. She wanted me to keep it. It had a stage 1 with bells and whistles to spare but not for me. I'll probably get the 103 in a 12 or 13. Lots of them out there. Only problem is I live in the Peoples Republic of California. You can't buy a new vehicle out of state and register it in CA if you reside in CA. A "new" vehicle is any vehicle with less than 7,500 miles on it. If you're relocating to CA, you are exempt. Active military are also exempt. The Lo's I find here have more miles and folks want more money for them. Pisses me off so bad I may move to Reno for six months, buy a bike, register it, then move back...maybe. I've followed this thread since 2010. All the work I did or had done was a direct result of help and advice from folks like Sgt JIM, ILMFBL, YOUNGNEG, KOJAX and some others. I've gained invaluable knowledge and saved lots of money. Some cool folks on here...except for Misbehaven. He's got absolutely no idea what the hell he's talking about.
Jk dude

Old 01-28-2016, 08:28 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 515 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
There are few front men that can hold a candle to Halford

I was hoping it would end up looking like something a Ringwraith may ride. Far from done with it.
Rob is the Metal God

Old 01-28-2016, 08:53 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatburger
Jk dude
Yea......he's good people

Old 01-28-2016, 10:04 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Ya, More CowBell

Old 01-28-2016, 10:09 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate

Hey, it worked! I pulled the taillight off (since that's where the turn signals connect) and swapped the wires on the right turn signal connector and now the LED's work perfectly. I had fast blink on the dash light but leaving the hazards on for a couple minutes fixed that.

That's great, I knew it was something simple, just could not pace the fix.

Funny how DC Volts works...

Old 01-28-2016, 10:16 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate

Originally Posted by FatboyLoLife
Hey everyone, new here. Just purchased this gem. 2010 Lo with only 3k miles. This is how she looked the day I brought her home. Soon to become more my taste. Already installed Arlen Ness 3" floorboard extensions and currently modifying the crash bar mounts to make it re-align. Awesome stuff here great inspirations!
Welcome aboard! There are lots of ideas here and lots of help!

Make it your own!

Old 01-28-2016, 11:38 PM
FatboyLoLife
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the club! Care to take a side pic of how far forward the floorboards sit with the extensions? I've been thinking about getting that kit myself.

Oh, and just to warn you, someone will soon tell you to take those reflectors off... so yeah, take them off!
Haha, ok noted. I honestly didn't even notice them until you said something. I will probably end up going hard bag route but we'll see.. Here are a few pics of the floorboards moved up 3"

It was unrideable without the extensions for me. 34" inseam and stock location felt like sitting on a toilet. I'm currently modding a stock engine crash bar mount locations so that I can keep it and add highway pegs too.

Thanks for the welcome boys!

Old 01-29-2016, 07:42 AM
Mother
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks for the pics. I may have to pick those up at some point. I don't feel cramped on the bike, but I do find myself resting my feet on the forward-most area of the floorboards, so it may feel more natural to have them pushed up a bit.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:52 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 515 Likes on 453 Posts

hmmt, so it moves them forward, interesting. i like having my feet on the ends of the boards. not that i feel much, i'm diabetic and don't have any feeling in my feet.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners