Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 01:24 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rquirch
hell to the yes! im getting my d2moto light today!
Let me know how you like that light bro?

Also I think your rear fender would look great chopped and I will even take the lower section off your hands so that it's not in the way! Whatch ya think?

Old 02-08-2011, 02:39 PM
SuspendedUser
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
Let me know how you like that light bro?

Also I think your rear fender would look great chopped and I will even take the lower section off your hands so that it's not in the way! Whatch ya think?
yeah man, for sure, ill post up a write up as soon as i get it mounted and wired...

LOL... Dude i would love nothing more than to rock a chopped fender but since i realized that in order to get the "hugging the tire" effect i need to either go with shotguns or slamm the crap out of it im holding off for now...

i bought an old fatboy fender for 20 bucks, chopped it and propped it up and it looked like total crap! the bike needs to be lowered. if i redrilled the fender lower then my lepera wasnt goign to fit sooooooo....

i need to put together some money and then decide between a shotgun system or new wheels... we'll see...

Old 02-10-2011, 06:21 AM
scorpion1206
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I am currently in Afghanistan with the Army and I have a 2010 Fatboy Lo. I am close to 6'3 and the stock handlebars just don't cut it. I was wondering whether I should go with the Gangser Apes or the Wild 1 chubbys and how high should I get them? 16" or 18"? I really don't have the slightest clue on this and would like your help, I appreciate the help guys. I also wanted to know what the best option for a sissy bar is, my gf is 6'2 and feels like she is gonna fall off.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:15 AM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts
Smile

i have the fatboy lo i used the round black meduim low back rest looks good and works out fine for the young lady, i got it from harley lets ride

Old 02-10-2011, 12:40 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rquirch
yeah man, for sure, ill post up a write up as soon as i get it mounted and wired...

LOL... Dude i would love nothing more than to rock a chopped fender but since i realized that in order to get the "hugging the tire" effect i need to either go with shotguns or slamm the crap out of it im holding off for now...

i bought an old fatboy fender for 20 bucks, chopped it and propped it up and it looked like total crap! the bike needs to be lowered. if i redrilled the fender lower then my lepera wasnt goign to fit sooooooo....

i need to put together some money and then decide between a shotgun system or new wheels... we'll see...
Yea I hear ya! I've modded my sled to the point to where all I am pondering now is the wheels, but me and my bank account aren't seeing eye to eye. Looks like I will be saving for a while also.

FYI, I wrestled with the same decision, but Iam really glad I bought the shotgun.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Rick14221
Tourer
Default Awesome

All your bikes are awesome. They just look the same....Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-fattboy1.jpgI have a 2001 Fatboy

Old 02-10-2011, 04:10 PM
mfmaine
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rick14221
All your bikes are awesome. They just look the same....Attachment 165901I have a 2001 Fatboy
I totally get why someone would think they all look the same....at first glance. With the Lo, customizing is all in the details. Most of the guys on this thread have been here a while and heavily modified their bikes. When you check the mods you see that no 2 of them are alike. Nice Fat Boy, BTW. But then again they all look the same to me

Old 02-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Caseyx
Tourer

Originally Posted by mfmaine
... But then again they all look the same to me

Old 02-10-2011, 09:10 PM
James Riley
Tourer

Originally Posted by Rick14221
All your bikes are awesome. They just look the same....Attachment 165901I have a 2001 Fatboy
Your bike looks awesome too. If you like chrome, like every other swingin' dick and tit out there there.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:01 PM
adcuevas
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scorpion1206
Hey guys, I am currently in Afghanistan with the Army and I have a 2010 Fatboy Lo. I am close to 6'3 and the stock handlebars just don't cut it. I was wondering whether I should go with the Gangser Apes or the Wild 1 chubbys and how high should I get them? 16" or 18"? I really don't have the slightest clue on this and would like your help, I appreciate the help guys. I also wanted to know what the best option for a sissy bar is, my gf is 6'2 and feels like she is gonna fall off.

I can only tell you what I went with. I have BR Custom handlebars. Everyone has their opinion, but Bill is a super guy and is very patient to your needs. He will make them to your every specification so ultimately have a "1 of a kind" set of handlebars. That way your LO won't look like "EVERY OTHER LO". Some people just don't have an eye for all the subtle differences!!!
Shotgun Air Shock goes on next week!!! I'll post up pics of the slammed LO when it's done!!

Name:  DSC01597.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  85.8 KB

Name:  DSC01606.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  84.5 KB

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners