Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 08:23 AM
JP-FLSTFB
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mymatrix
Thanks. Quite the winter makeover. The wife knows what she likes!
Mymatrix I am interested in adding street glide bags to my lo. Did you use cycle vision mounts? And how tight are they to the fender? Can you post some hind view pics? I have seen this done but did not like how the bags set with lines of bike but your wife's look great! Any help appreciated. Maybe a parts list if not to much to ask? I have a 14 lo and want the 14 SG bags

Thanks in advance!
JP

Old 03-13-2015, 09:04 AM
JP-FLSTFB
Tourer

Originally Posted by JP-FLSTFB
Mymatrix I am interested in adding street glide bags to my lo. Did you use cycle vision mounts? And how tight are they to the fender? Can you post some hind view pics? I have seen this done but did not like how the bags set with lines of bike but your wife's look great! Any help appreciated. Maybe a parts list if not to much to ask? I have a 14 lo and want the 14 SG bags Thanks in advance! JP
Disregard mymatrix lol totally forgot I asked same question in another post and just saw your reply! My bad!

Old 03-14-2015, 06:02 AM
Techgnosis
Advanced

Originally Posted by mymatrix
The headlamp ring turned out really nice!
Also, to slightly derail your post, what bags (and mounts) are you using? How do they compare size wise to standard (if they are not) touring bags? Im wondering because I have some locking leather HD bags on my '14 Lo and I hate them. They are supper small, and the lock is craptastic (I managed to get the key in backwards at one point, with ease).

Old 03-14-2015, 08:12 AM
mymatrix
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Techgnosis,
Thanks, I think it did too. The wife is very pleased with her winter makeover.
To answer your saddlebag question, they are stock HD 2014 FLHT saddlebags with Cycle Visions mounting hardware.
You can visit here:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...lease-104.html
That will answer your question, with pics during the install.

Old 03-14-2015, 08:31 AM
Dave's 1stHog
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice look on the light and trim ring! I can't say as I have ever seen that before...good job!😄

Old 03-14-2015, 08:37 AM
shrednh
5th Gear
Default Hello fellow lo owners!

Just wanted to thank you all for the posts and great ideas. I've been looking at this forum for 2 years and figured its time to post something. Some amazing Lo's on here. I'm working on my winter project as we speak. Getting wheels and dash panel powdercoated. Going Old School with white walls and possibly some pinstriping. Bassani road rage ready to install and fuelmoto tuner. Last year I pulled tank badges and installed Todds Cycle Strip Bars. Pictures of how shes sitting right now and where she was before round 2 of upgrades. I'll post more when complete.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-gutted.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-badgeless.jpg  
Old 03-14-2015, 06:42 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

I am still waiting for my next shipment of parts, but I decided to put my Lo back together to take it for a ride today. First ride this year. First ride with Stage 1. I ran a couple of auto tunes and rode and rode and rode...

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-image1.jpg  
Old 03-14-2015, 07:41 PM
Dave's 1stHog
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The bike is looking good! Normally I don't like any 2-1 exhausts but yours seems to flow and compliment the Lo really well. Good job

Old 03-14-2015, 08:04 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave's 1stHog
The bike is looking good! Normally I don't like any 2-1 exhausts but yours seems to flow and compliment the Lo really well. Good job

Thanks Dave
Still not done yet.
The flow is important to my vision and the final outcome. The pipes seem to fit the look I am going for. They sound really nice as well.
More pics to come...

Old 03-16-2015, 07:45 AM
felipevalle
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here in Brazil, Harley doesn't sell their custom paint tins. So there's this guy here in my city who paints motorcycles for 40 years. I showed him the Silver Lining paint scheme from Harley and he said he could do it to me. He did an amazing job! What do you guys think?

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners