Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 08:19 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by skirkpatrick
I've got a 2014 Lo in Daytona blue. It is slowly getting the chrome removed. I will post pics as soon as I can.
Welcome to the forum!

My pipes will be the next to go!

Old 01-20-2015, 09:15 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by skirkpatrick
I've got a 2014 Lo in Daytona blue. It is slowly getting the chrome removed. I will post pics as soon as I can.
Welcome to the cool kids club. Hide the wallet.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:20 PM
ILMFBL
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

So finally, I got to ride today and try out my new apes! No, I still haven't got pics figured out yet, but the bars are the ones in my new avatar if anyone wants to kinda see em. It was damm cold at 28* but I was still diggin it, ice cream headache and all! I think Bill at BR's might have f'd up though, 'cause I ordered 12's and got 16's delivered but the good thing is ..... They're even better yet! At 5' 7", I was afraid they might be too tall but they're actually fine.The New Wave II's also look bad *** if I do say so myself. That finished phase one. Still lots to do but I'm done for a while 'til phase II. To date: V&H Super Radius pipes blk, FP3, detachable sissy bar, laid down the plate, BR New Wave II's blk, BR 1 1/2 risers blk, HD diamond blk cables, pc'd lower forks blk, dropped front signals to forks, blk shift & brake levers. Oh yeh, and very first mod: removed reflectors!

Old 01-23-2015, 10:59 AM
RickyOrtiz84
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have pics or can link a thread to here for shaving off what's needed for the detachable sissy bar bracket? Picking up the parts today and really don't want mess with the turn signal relocation kit. Thanks!

Old 01-23-2015, 11:46 AM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts

somebody here has pictures how to do it looks very easy

Old 01-23-2015, 03:32 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by RickyOrtiz84
Does anyone have pics or can link a thread to here for shaving off what's needed for the detachable sissy bar bracket? Picking up the parts today and really don't want mess with the turn signal relocation kit. Thanks!
Here you go. I used my bench grinder the filed it smooth. Then gave the end a coat of flat black paint.

Name:  grind_zps1nbw5oij.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  72.6 KB

Old 01-23-2015, 03:44 PM
RickyOrtiz84
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Here you go. I used my bench grinder the filed it smooth. Then gave the end a coat of flat black paint.

Thank you very much. Harley must really want to make some extra cash making it so you think you have buy the relocation kit. Lol

Old 01-23-2015, 03:58 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Thank you very much. Harley must really want to make some extra cash making it so you think you have buy the relocation kit. Lol
Instead of relocation kit, I removed my rear signals and installed a new LED tail light with the signals integrated in it. Cleaned up the rear end quite a bit.
No cutting, grinding or painting involved.

Old 01-24-2015, 09:21 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

Ricky, when you go to test fit it be careful. Use some masking tape on your signal post to protect from scratching them.

I see your from Stockton. I grew up there. I miss the rides up into the foot hills and Sierra's.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:33 PM
RickyOrtiz84
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Ricky, when you go to test fit it be careful. Use some masking tape on your signal post to protect from scratching them.

I see your from Stockton. I grew up there. I miss the rides up into the foot hills and Sierra's.

Thanks for the tip! I'm picking up the parts tomorrow after work since they originally gave me the wrong part numbers and I had to pretty much do their job for them lol. Had the bike dropped off today at the shop to put on some 17" todds cycle strip bars. Can't wait to hit the road this weekend I'll post some more pics this weekend. And, yes I've been hitting the foot hills out by valley springs lately come summer time I'm thinking Sonora pass and a stop at kennedy meadows for some fly fishing!

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners