Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 02:22 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMike
Be happy to leave you know-nothing-about-wrenching guys alone in your circle jerk here.
Dude just chill out. This has been a great thread with no fighting and arguing for the most part.

As far as the non wrenching guys, I have to say that for the most part most of the guys who are here on a regular basis do their own work. Not everyone has the tools and mechanical aptitude to do their own work.

I have been building and working on bikes with my dad since I can remember. I tore down and rebuilt my first bike a 68 Sportster. My father gave it to me in 77 on my 16th birthday. I did all the work with the exception of splitting the cases and rebuilding the bottom end. SGT Jim, Fat11lo, Fatbob usmc EOD, and others have done mega work to their bikes themselves.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:05 PM
ILMFBL
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Hi, my name is Jim, and I'm addicted to my Fatboy Lo ..................

Old 10-27-2014, 05:21 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ILMFBL
wait..wut.. me too.. except for the Studebaker i'm looking to buy and restore..

Old 10-27-2014, 09:22 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
wait..wut.. me too.. except for the Studebaker i'm looking to buy and restore..
Studebakers are cool and all Jim but will that leave any time left for your Lo? For the group: I have a dilemma. I just found out that my wife is having our third girl in April. I have only enough of a budget for new handlebars or a semi custom AR-15. Which would you choose in my situation?

Old 10-27-2014, 09:51 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Studebakers are cool and all Jim but will that leave any time left for your Lo? For the group: I have a dilemma. I just found out that my wife is having our third girl in April. I have only enough of a budget for new handlebars or a semi custom AR-15. Which would you choose in my situation?
Congrats on the new soon to come Daughter. The handlebars will be the cheapest. Even without good optics the AR is going to cost more.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:14 PM
Bayou06
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josewales
Hey that's Drew lol. Hard to forget his bike.
Hey brother, can you provide some details on your front end light assembly? That the look I'm after. Thanks.

Brad

Old 10-28-2014, 06:45 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Well since I'm pretty much finished on all the time-consuming mods to my Lo, i need something to cut/grind/weld on for the winter..so i figured i'd get an old '55 Studebaker and fix it up and make it in to my daily driver..but there will always be time for my Lo.

Also, you should get the AR-15, and then use it to get new handlebars I mean... wut..

Old 10-28-2014, 11:09 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm definitely leaning towards the AR. I'd like it to be grandfathered if the political climate gets much worse, not to mention plenty of trigger time before the girls get in their teens.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:34 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMike
Be happy to leave you know-nothing-about-wrenching guys alone in your circle jerk here.
Know nothing about wrenching? I will be the first to say "I don't know everything" but I've made my living with a wrench since 86 when I was still in high school, Been an ASE certified Medium & Heavy Duty Master Tech since 92, and I have 2 books full of certificates from schools, classes and seminars I've been to over the last 28 years. I currently manage the maintenance and repair of over 10 million dollars worth of heavy trucks and construction equipment and have 4 guys working under me, I make decisions involving hundreds of thousands of dollars. Hmm, better call my boss, maybe I don't.......

Last edited by Fat11Lo; 10-29-2014 at 12:05 AM.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:42 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by ILMFBL
It's an incurable obsession that will haunt your wallet for the rest of your life, there is no cure, however it can be managed and you can learn to live a somewhat normal life

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners