Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 05:02 PM
dizzy1450
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bags look good. I love my lepera bare bones. Transforms the whole look of the bike.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:45 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Well I finally got some bags on the bike. Found some used BossBags #37 for half the cost of new. They arrived in excellent condition. I also put a Le Pera Barebones seat on this weekend. I will post so updated photos later. For now here is a shot of the bags.
Looks good, I picked up a set of 40's when we were in Milwaukee last summer, so much better than the Harley ones I had. Met the whole family while we were there, hung out with mom and the boys while they installed them for free and she shipped my old ones home for no charge. Great people, I'd buy another set.

Old 06-18-2014, 06:18 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
Looks good, I picked up a set of 40's when we were in Milwaukee last summer, so much better than the Harley ones I had. Met the whole family while we were there, hung out with mom and the boys while they installed them for free and she shipped my old ones home for no charge. Great people, I'd buy another set.
I was getting ready to buy new, when I ran across this deal from a former Lo brother here on the forum. I was not liking the mounts sticking out so far. But after putting the bags on I decided that they will stay on most of the time. Pretty handy for a beer run. I was able to fit three 16 oz 6 paks in each bag.

Old 06-18-2014, 06:48 PM
want2ride
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cwilliams
So I took your advice... on a few things. went with the alloyart signals, flipped mirror. SMW wheels and thicker 1.5" todd's bars. what do u think?

That is one Bad azz ride man. Enjoy that bad boy....

Old 06-19-2014, 08:10 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Pretty handy for a beer run. I was able to fit three 16 oz 6 paks in each bag.
How have you made it this long without them?

Old 06-19-2014, 09:48 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tas_todd
Fatbob, where'd ya get the risers? I've been thinking about going this route also.
The risers are the HD 6inch pull backs. I thought about a windshield but I'm leaning toward one of the bullet fairings because I like the look better. I guess I watched too much SOA. I did have a windshield on my old bike and liked it except for when I took it off. It made my perception of the front end seem weird. Like someone chopped it off or something. I don't know if that makes any sense but it took a few miles to adjust from having the windshield on to having it off.

Old 06-20-2014, 02:00 PM
EMG_48
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fatboy Lo Bobbed Fender is finished!

So, I finally finished the rear fender bob project - thanks again to my buddy Marshall for helping me actually do the chopping, wiring, painting and fitting, and thanks to NoSoupForYou for the 2011 fender that you see now.

I'm thinking eventually I'll need to put LED turns on the front forks and replace the small bullets under the handgrips, and probably do either a suspension lowering or put airbags on it (wife's preference - God, I love a good woman!)

Untitled

Untitled

Last edited by EMG_48; 06-20-2014 at 02:04 PM. Reason: attempted to fix images
Old 06-20-2014, 02:21 PM
jperrino
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signal to Front Forks

Anyone have any idea what is the best way to do this and keep my detachable windshield brackets? I have some ideas but hoping you guys have done it before. Also the signals are ran through the bars so do you think I should just cut the cables and leave them in the bars and put on some knew Drag Specialties Signals? Seems like it would be less of a headache I ran those suckers through the bars and nearly killed my wife by throwing a flat-head while she was walking into the garage That didnt go well. HAHA

This is the bike. I think it would clean up the bars by moving them...What say You?

Name:  Bike1_zps17ec9d0b.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  146.7 KB

Old 06-20-2014, 04:04 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
How have you made it this long without them?
It's been tough. I really should have done it long ago. Now the wife does not have to carry all my stuff around in her bags.

Old 06-21-2014, 12:34 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=Misbehaven;12876730]Well I finally got some bags on the bike. Found some used BossBags #37 for half the cost of new. They arrived in excellent condition. I also put a Le Pera Barebones seat on this weekend. I will post so updated photos later. For now here is a shot of the bags.
Name:  bags_zpse4985245.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  79.9 KB[/QUOTE Looks killer man. I got a Lapera Barebones and sent it back. Looks good but rides hella rough with the bike low. Is that the Mrs' Sporty next to yours? Looks good too.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners