Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatburger
Still have it
I guess you lost interest

Old 05-05-2014, 07:54 PM
JP-FLSTFB
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Latest additions
Thanks to the hdforum classifieds

V&H big radius 2-1

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-image-545958879.jpg

Quick detach sissy bar and leatherpro lp4000 bags

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-image-1518642953.jpg

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-image-4293688160.jpg

You could never tell the 3 items were used. Saved a but load of cash for more mods

Old 05-05-2014, 08:32 PM
s5051
Intermediate

Lookin good JP-FLSTFB
Warning: The reflector cops are coming after you.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:05 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Man I hate when fools flake on a sale. Dude said "I'll take it" (my detachable long sissy bar) so gave him my paypal info and he flaked. 120.00 shipped. Smokin deal. I think I'll stick to ebay from now on.

Old 05-06-2014, 04:11 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Ordered Woods TW555 cams lifters and pushrods from FM and flat/denim black pushrod tubes and blocks.... Can't wait to rip apart, anyone out there have experience doing cams have any advise...... Bought bearing tools cam/crank locking wedge, need to pick up bolt cutters not sure size to get, bigger not better in this case for being able to control without f@cking something up ...... Very stoaked to get job done but I do have to say by the time I bought tools and manual I could have paid a Indy to do it lol

Last edited by Lone wolf lo 10; 05-06-2014 at 04:15 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:43 AM
JP-FLSTFB
Tourer

Originally Posted by s5051
Lookin good JP-FLSTFB Warning: The reflector cops are coming after you.
Yeah I know. Had the wife's hair dryer out there. Bastards are on there! Need to borrow a heat gun from work.

Thanks for the pipes! They are amazing and look new from the box.

Old 05-06-2014, 04:45 AM
JP-FLSTFB
Tourer

Originally Posted by Fatburger
Man I hate when fools flake on a sale. Dude said "I'll take it" (my detachable long sissy bar) so gave him my paypal info and he flaked. 120.00 shipped. Smokin deal. I think I'll stick to ebay from now on.
Definitely a great deal Fatburger. I know I got a great deal on my bar from you. Wouldn't hesitate to buy from you again. Great seller /fast shipper.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:17 AM
doublewhiskey
Stage I

Fatburger, let me know if you still have the detachable long sissy bar, very interested.

Last edited by doublewhiskey; 05-06-2014 at 06:21 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:20 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lone wolf lo 10
Ordered Woods TW555 cams lifters and pushrods from FM and flat/denim black pushrod tubes and blocks.... Can't wait to rip apart, anyone out there have experience doing cams have any advise...... Bought bearing tools cam/crank locking wedge, need to pick up bolt cutters not sure size to get, bigger not better in this case for being able to control without f@cking something up ...... Very stoaked to get job done but I do have to say by the time I bought tools and manual I could have paid a Indy to do it lol
I put the 555's in my 107" and know most of what you'll need to know about doing this. Your local Autozone and Pepboys rents tools, btw.. I didn't use the cam install tool, just used a slide hammer to remove the old cams (with a bearing removal tool) and used an old cam and a lot of lube to put the new ones in. (if you have a caliper, that'll help you to know that they're seated properly, but really take your time and it'll be fine)

Here's a helpful video:

Notes:
1) i know they say use Loctite Red on the pushrods when you're ready to lock them in to place.. i'd say go Blue, just in case you bork up it'll be easier to unlock them.

2) the cam bears have writing on them.. make sure, and double make sure as you're installing them that the writing is facing TOWARDS YOU

3) a rubberband with a paperclip on it will help to hold the pushrod tubes out of the way

4) im sure there's a 4.

Overall, knowing what i know now, i could probably do an entire cam change/pushrods/bearings/etc in under 3 hours, with beer breaks. It's a very simple job. Don't worry.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:17 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
I put the 555's in my 107" and know most of what you'll need to know about doing this. Your local Autozone and Pepboys rents tools, btw.. I didn't use the cam install tool, just used a slide hammer to remove the old cams (with a bearing removal tool) and used an old cam and a lot of lube to put the new ones in. (if you have a caliper, that'll help you to know that they're seated properly, but really take your time and it'll be fine)

Here's a helpful video:

Cam Replacement on a Harley Davidson Twin Cam, including Pushrod Removal • J&P Cycles - YouTube

Notes:
1) i know they say use Loctite Red on the pushrods when you're ready to lock them in to place.. i'd say go Blue, just in case you bork up it'll be easier to unlock them.

2) the cam bears have writing on them.. make sure, and double make sure as you're installing them that the writing is facing TOWARDS YOU

3) a rubberband with a paperclip on it will help to hold the pushrod tubes out of the way

4) im sure there's a 4.

Overall, knowing what i know now, i could probably do an entire cam change/pushrods/bearings/etc in under 3 hours, with beer breaks. It's a very simple job. Don't worry.
Thx for info jim I hope to have everything on Monday or Tuesday and I prob will dive straight in when I get all the part I will fill you all in when completed

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners