Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 07:15 AM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,864 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Why throw overs? I'd recommend getting removables with easy brackets. Throw overs will contact the paint and might cause problems. I'd recommend something from leather works collection as being pretty reasonable around 400 or so for the bags and another 100 or so for Easy brackets. Even cheaper would be something form viking bags which I think run around 200 or so. When you order the easy brackets just tell them your sissy bar setup and they'll set you up with the right hardware. Easy brackets website is great bike gear.com.
I'm like jjmitchem, I prefer the throw-overs. I think they look better on a motorcycle. They're also a hell of a lot cheaper and you don't have those brackets sticking out when you take them off.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:31 AM
land of giants
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

clean them well light sanding and spray paint with ceramic header paint, about $5 and your done with beer money left over.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:42 AM
Lightafatty
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by harusan
That rear fender/seat setup looks really neat. Do you mind if I ask what make they are and where they can be purchased from? Thanks in advance
Rear kit is from Heartland USA. There middle length fender EZ200. It's big money, but looks killer.

Originally Posted by wellsrp23
Dig the fender, really interested if you still have it. Let me know, thanks
Got your payment. I'll be keeping it safe for you for when you get home.

Last edited by Lightafatty; 04-09-2014 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:51 PM
jjmitchem
Advanced

Originally Posted by tmac00333
I'm like jjmitchem, I prefer the throw-overs. I think they look better on a motorcycle. They're also a hell of a lot cheaper and you don't have those brackets sticking out when you take them off.

I picked up a set of nice leather bags from a local shop - the throw over wont work with the removable backrest. I spoke to easy brackets and for the size of my bags I will have to relocate my turn signals completely off the side (which is a future project but not now)

anyone ever use the bolts from the removable backrest mount and directly bolt on the saddlebag?

Im looking at it and I think it will definitely work and not stick out as far as the easy brackets. My bags will tuck right in behind the signals also

opinions????

Old 04-09-2014, 11:18 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jjmitchem
I picked up a set of nice leather bags from a local shop - the throw over wont work with the removable backrest. I spoke to easy brackets and for the size of my bags I will have to relocate my turn signals completely off the side (which is a future project but not now)

anyone ever use the bolts from the removable backrest mount and directly bolt on the saddlebag?

Im looking at it and I think it will definitely work and not stick out as far as the easy brackets. My bags will tuck right in behind the signals also

opinions????
Did Easy Brackets tell you about their lay down license plate? If you get it you can attach your turn signals to it and get them completely off of the fender. I would be a little leary of just bolting bags like you're describing to the fender. If they get too heavily loaded or the backs aren't stiff enough the bags could contact the wheel which would not be good. Also if you are worried about what the bike will look like with the bags off you should know that the bracket comes off and stays bolted to the bag leaving behind just a nub. You can get black or chrome covers for the nub if you want to.

Old 04-10-2014, 01:03 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Did Easy Brackets tell you about their lay down license plate? If you get it you can attach your turn signals to it and get them completely off of the fender. I would be a little leary of just bolting bags like you're describing to the fender. If they get too heavily loaded or the backs aren't stiff enough the bags could contact the wheel which would not be good. Also if you are worried about what the bike will look like with the bags off you should know that the bracket comes off and stays bolted to the bag leaving behind just a nub. You can get black or chrome covers for the nub if you want to.
I have a gloss black easy brackets lay down license plate/turn signal re-lo I can sell you for 60.00 shipped. Brand new in the box. Never used.

Old 04-10-2014, 01:06 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My 422s are on. I was afraid it was all hype. Not at all. I can't believe the difference in the ride compared to stock shocks lowered.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:27 AM
jjmitchem
Advanced

Originally Posted by Fatburger
I have a gloss black easy brackets lay down license plate/turn signal re-lo I can sell you for 60.00 shipped. Brand new in the box. Never used.

Can you send a pic or model number? Just the license plate kit not with the easy brackets - right?

Last edited by jjmitchem; 04-10-2014 at 06:36 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:56 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatburger
My 422s are on. I was afraid it was all hype. Not at all. I can't believe the difference in the ride compared to stock shocks lowered.
right? i've still got to mess around with my preload, but i like mine

Old 04-10-2014, 08:06 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Downloaded a new map for my PCV I got from FM night and day difference much better..... My auto tuner will be here tomorrow I'll try it out Saturday and see how it behaves, 70 Saturday and 80 on Sunday

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners