Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 06:21 PM
TNFatBoyLo
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for info on foward controls. I.E. part numbers and estimated cost. I'm getting tired of dragging my foot boards and scaring the crap out me everytime I ride.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:49 PM
FormerBueller
Intermediate

Originally Posted by IronhorseMP
Does V&H have the passenger foot peg relocator? I really want to put those 2-1s on my Lo, as well.
they supposedly sell a kit ... I have not looked into it any further yet.

Old 04-25-2010, 05:14 AM
DaveFLSTFB
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TNFatBoyLo
Looking for info on foward controls. I.E. part numbers and estimated cost. I'm getting tired of dragging my foot boards and scaring the crap out me everytime I ride.
Harley sells a kit that fits 07 and up FL softails, about $450 in parts total when you add in footpegs and a brake pedal pad.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:42 AM
AKFatBoyLo
6th Gear

i have a deposit on a 2010 fbl in denim black, and just waiting for it to get here.

well i found one thing that makes the waiting even worse...

my local hd had its first open house of the season this weekend and i test rode the fat boy lo in vivid black, for about an hour. the days are crawling now till mine gets in.

Im also thinking of putting some black street slammer bars and exhaust on when it gets here.

I listened to the rocker they had with v&h big radius 2into2 black on them and it sounded awesome. Is there any difference between the rocker motor and fbl that would make it sound different on my fat boy lo?

i am also worried about pipes dragging on turns, if anyone has any suggestions for pipes im all ears.

Thanks,

Brian

Old 04-26-2010, 04:10 AM
DaveFLSTFB
Road Captain

Originally Posted by AKFatBoyLo
i have a deposit on a 2010 fbl in denim black, and just waiting for it to get here.

well i found one thing that makes the waiting even worse...

my local hd had its first open house of the season this weekend and i test rode the fat boy lo in vivid black, for about an hour. the days are crawling now till mine gets in.

Im also thinking of putting some black street slammer bars and exhaust on when it gets here.

I listened to the rocker they had with v&h big radius 2into2 black on them and it sounded awesome. Is there any difference between the rocker motor and fbl that would make it sound different on my fat boy lo?

i am also worried about pipes dragging on turns, if anyone has any suggestions for pipes im all ears.

Thanks,

Brian
Congrats on the new scoot Brian
No difference in those motors. I like the 2 into 2 and you will more than likely drag them and your floorboards on the ground, but then that's what they're there for right?

Dave

Old 04-26-2010, 03:02 PM
James Riley
Tourer

I'm a FNG and don't know squat. Never owned a bike. I am leaning hard to the Fat Boy Lo based on looks alone.

So, looking at DaveFLSTFB and DaveMX68: What do you call the pipes that curve down?

And, if I ride alone I like the looks of the single seat, but maybe just a sissy bar to tie a back pack onto. But IF the wife comes along, I can just snap a back seat onto the "bib"? Is that right? And I can put on or take off the back rest pad on the sissy bar?

I like the looks of the pipe side of the bike but would like the other side to be looking good too. Can that be made black and nasty?

What are my chances of getting the dealer to do all this for me when I buy a new one? Can you push these guys for extras to get the deal, or is demand such that they call all the shots?

Okay, I'm an idiot. Have your fun.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:49 PM
suprdave04
Advanced
Default New proud owner..

Just traded up my Sportster Iron for a Fat Boy Lo this weekend. Minez stock with just the Black Crash bar installed.. So far...

Looking forward to learning from all of you!

Old 04-26-2010, 05:18 PM
ckw320
Stage IV

Why does everyone buy vance & hines pipes?

Old 04-26-2010, 11:05 PM
8balla
Intermediate

Thought the same thing, had to go another route. Rinehart Crossback Black Staggered. I just don't see that many of them and I think they actually really set the bike off.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-pipe1.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-pipe6.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-pipe3.jpg  
Old 04-27-2010, 04:05 AM
DaveFLSTFB
Road Captain

Originally Posted by James Riley
I'm a FNG and don't know squat. Never owned a bike. I am leaning hard to the Fat Boy Lo based on looks alone.

So, looking at DaveFLSTFB and DaveMX68: What do you call the pipes that curve down?

And, if I ride alone I like the looks of the single seat, but maybe just a sissy bar to tie a back pack onto. But IF the wife comes along, I can just snap a back seat onto the "bib"? Is that right? And I can put on or take off the back rest pad on the sissy bar?

I like the looks of the pipe side of the bike but would like the other side to be looking good too. Can that be made black and nasty?

What are my chances of getting the dealer to do all this for me when I buy a new one? Can you push these guys for extras to get the deal, or is demand such that they call all the shots?

Okay, I'm an idiot. Have your fun.
Big Radius pipes, the passenger pillion goes on and off very easily for solo or 2 up riding, left side can be mad all black if you have the $$$$$$, you can get the dealer to throw in some but be prepared to spend some money on mods.

Dave

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners