Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 08:55 PM
USr1deMC
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally got all the parts from the PC'er and put her back together to take her out for a spin! Big change from the 14" LA Chopper apes to the HD Street Slammers from Sgt Jim! Thanks Jim! And I got myself a Mustang Daytripper!

Before

After

Old 04-05-2014, 06:16 AM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,840 Likes on 1,193 Posts

Those blacked-out forks look great. I'm getting mine done this month.

Old 04-05-2014, 12:23 PM
bigoil7
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi all. I used to live in this forum, but did the evil sometime back and sold the Lo. Anyhow, trying to get rid of a few parts, including the sissybar and wide (comfortable) passenger seat. The sissybar has had the "knotch" mod done so no need to relocate directionals. Look for the stuff in the classifieds if interested. Take care, the bikes look great!

Old 04-05-2014, 11:02 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finally get to take the Lo on a real road trip next week. Leaving Thursday for Miami to do a mud run called the Spartan Super. It's the first trip on my Lo that will be over a 100 miles one way. Managed to rack up 19,500+ commuting to work and running errands the last couple of years. Of course I want to make sure it's all good to go for the ride so I changed the fluids today. A helpful tip. Make sure you're derby cover is the right side up or you may find yourself putting the bike back up on the lift and fixing it. I'm just glad I caught it tonight and not the morning I'm leaving for the ride. I also figured out my six foot lighting cable for my iPhone is long enough that I'll be able to put the phone on the handlebars and plug it in back at the passenger peg where the charger is mounted

Old 04-06-2014, 09:22 PM
USr1deMC
Cruiser

Thanks Tmac. If your going gloss black get those cowbells done too so it all matches!! and as always…post pics!

Old 04-07-2014, 04:30 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

I a question for those of you who have re-powder coated your exhaust sheilds, can they just be powder coated or dipped, my powder coater wants to dip them because of heat but I remember somebody here just having them recosted.....
Mine got bleeched from acidic mud (I'm guessing) road thru some nasty crap on honeymoon last year and bleach sheilds right by the jugs...

Old 04-07-2014, 06:00 PM
jjmitchem
Advanced

Need some information

I have a 2013 Fatboy Lo with the HD removable backrest. I'm looking at getting leather throw over saddlebags for it. I need to find some saddlebag brackets/standoffs that will work with my set up

My local non HD biker shop sells the Willie and Max universal but I read that they do not work on my set up

Thanks in advance

Old 04-08-2014, 11:27 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

Originally Posted by jjmitchem
Need some information

I have a 2013 Fatboy Lo with the HD removable backrest. I'm looking at getting leather throw over saddlebags for it. I need to find some saddlebag brackets/standoffs that will work with my set up

My local non HD biker shop sells the Willie and Max universal but I read that they do not work on my set up

Thanks in advance
Why throw overs? I'd recommend getting removables with easy brackets. Throw overs will contact the paint and might cause problems. I'd recommend something from leather works collection as being pretty reasonable around 400 or so for the bags and another 100 or so for Easy brackets. Even cheaper would be something form viking bags which I think run around 200 or so. When you order the easy brackets just tell them your sissy bar setup and they'll set you up with the right hardware. Easy brackets website is great bike gear.com.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:32 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

I tried out my new iPhone setup today on the way to and from work. I got to say I'm pretty happy with it. I have a life proof case and their bike mount. I was able to mount it between the risers and angle it exactly the way I want. If you have a life proof phone case there's no need to spring for a bike specific GPS. I took a pic in the garage tonight to show it. I'm looking forward to being able to see the turns coming up on the phone and not having to wait for an audio direction. The audio usually works pretty good but sometimes those turn warnings come at the last second. It's too bad I can't take long trips on the bike more often.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_1923.jpg  
Old 04-09-2014, 12:56 AM
Proofrock
6th Gear

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0291.jpgInstalled the Corbin "Hollywood Solo" seat. Looks awesome and fits like a glove. New highway bar is Lindby "Magnumbar" black. Air cleaner is Roland Sands. Luggage rack is Motherwell.

Pics are sideways...sorry..help!

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0293.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0292.jpg  

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners