Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 08:15 PM
Proofrock
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those are lights...found a switch under the seat. Bonus! With the RSD air cleaner on, it looks sweet. Blk is the new chrome, as they say. Waiting on the Corbin seat to arrive for the last round of mods to get the slammed bagger look I like. Wish I could afford Calvary hardbags. Wish list.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-lo.jpg  
Old 03-24-2014, 11:11 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new DK customs intake came in today. I learned a lesson. Check all the boxes before you freak out thinking a major parts missing. I opened the kit all excited and found the synthetic filter box, K&N filter box, intake support bracket, and breather bolts. No backing plate, hardware, ect. WTF. I thought I ordered the whole intake. Well after looking online and stomping around the garage a little it occurred to me to look in the K&N box. Well duh idiot. Install went pretty smooth and I think it's a little slimmer. I hit the gripper I got with it to hold the cover on with some rustoleum bed liner spray paint since it came with a brushed nickel finish. Not sure yet what the performance impact if any is gonna be. I need to tweak the tune a little with some auto tuning runs with my power vision. Kind of felt like it lost a little bit but I think that's probably from it just being a little leaner and drawing too much air for the tune. There was a little bit more decel pop as well. A few tuning runs and I'm sure that will be fixed. Here's a few pics. I'll try to get one or two in daylight tomorrow.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_1782.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_1784.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_1786.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_1788.jpg  
Old 03-25-2014, 04:14 AM
bblhead
Novice

Originally Posted by wellsrp23
FBL riders,
I am having a hell of a time deciding between outfitting my 2010 FBL with drag style bars or some Apes. Any input or a direction to go and check out different styles of bars is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Just go to the local speakership and sit on bikes that have both and decide. I knew I wanted apes, but couldn't decide how high. I went & sat on bikes with different bars and made my decision. No matter what, it is about how you want it to look and how you like the ride.
Just my 2 cents.

Ben

Old 03-25-2014, 04:29 AM
bblhead
Novice
Default New Bars

Just finished putting on the 12" HD Mini Apes with the Burly Cable kit.

Can't wait until I can get a good ride to truly try them out.

Ben

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-fatboy-lo1.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-fatboy-lo-2.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
runnermedic (06-18-2023)
Old 03-25-2014, 06:29 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

all that i have left to do for the winter mods is wrap my new exhaust, get her tuned up properly, and give her a good bath. Been so busy lately that I haven't had a chance to do any of it in the past few weeks :'(

Old 03-25-2014, 12:26 PM
wellsrp23
4th Gear

Appreciate it

Old 03-25-2014, 12:34 PM
wellsrp23
4th Gear

Originally Posted by bblhead
Just go to the local speakership and sit on bikes that have both and decide. I knew I wanted apes, but couldn't decide how high. I went & sat on bikes with different bars and made my decision. No matter what, it is about how you want it to look and how you like the ride.
Just my 2 cents.

Ben
I'll check 'em out, thanks

Old 03-25-2014, 12:41 PM
wellsrp23
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
That looks like a light-kit to me. Check under your rear and front fenders and see if there's any wires coming out from them (generally tied off to the brake line), and yeah, check on the left side of the fuel tank and see if there's a switch or something... or take the seat off and look at the battery terminals.. see if there are any extra wires hooked up to them that look out of place. Either way, that's not stock, and you'll probably have to lift the tank (maybe not remove it) to get rid of those..

So.. I went with Streetslammers from 2010-2014. They're not a straight-drag bar, but close to it. I liked them a lot, pretty good for long distances and everything, but I just switched to Apes (many thanks to Brent/USr1deMC, who happens to be the only one of you who has the photos of my bike with the bars on them), but I haven't gotten to ride with them on, yet. But even sitting on the bike they feel more comfortable. But I've got to throw in that I've had a separated shoulder, and some problems with my back, so i'm hoping keeping my shoulder in a higher position helps
Thanks for the input

Old 03-25-2014, 04:03 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I am in the same boat as SGT Jim with a bad shoulder 6 Surgeries later and it is still sort of wacked. I took a chance on 14" apes and I am very happy with the ride and comfort. Lower back pain is less and I can ride all day with just a bit of noticeable shoulder pain. I first switched the stock 2011 bars to the 2012 bars and noticed some difference but the Apes are a clear winner for me. Warning your mileage may vary. As not every one will like apes.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:37 PM
wellsrp23
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
I am in the same boat as SGT Jim with a bad shoulder 6 Surgeries later and it is still sort of wacked. I took a chance on 14" apes and I am very happy with the ride and comfort. Lower back pain is less and I can ride all day with just a bit of noticeable shoulder pain. I first switched the stock 2011 bars to the 2012 bars and noticed some difference but the Apes are a clear winner for me. Warning your mileage may vary. As not every one will like apes.

Thanks for the input in regards to the Apes, I have noticed that the "fat" bar Apes look much better on the FBL in comparison to the smaller diameter bars. But that's just my opinion. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners