Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 09:24 PM
semifan1
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's mine. 110th anniversary edition.

Old 03-24-2014, 06:41 AM
Proofrock
6th Gear

I am going from a Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather to a new Roland Sands Venturi 5-spoke air cleaner for the looks...on my "new" 2010 Lo.

Above is mentioned "replace that stupid sensor" on the screamin eagle. Well, that is my question. I have these two plastic gadgets glued to the old screamin eagle backup plate...they are chromed and have little "lights" or something built into them, and are wired. I don't know what they are for. They are wired and the wire runs up under the tank to I don't know where. Do I need to pull the tank and disconnect something to be done with these things or do they need to stay? I don't have the screamin eagle instructions because I bought the bike used with it already installed, and can't find anything on youtube to explain. The Roland Sands cleaner has no such wired gadgets. Anyone? Thanks.

Old 03-24-2014, 06:46 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Proofrock
I am going from a Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather to a new Roland Sands Venturi 5-spoke air cleaner for the looks...on my "new" 2010 Lo.

Above is mentioned "replace that stupid sensor" on the screamin eagle. Well, that is my question. I have these two plastic gadgets glued to the old screamin eagle backup plate...they are chromed and have little "lights" or something built into them, and are wired. I don't know what they are for. They are wired and the wire runs up under the tank to I don't know where. Do I need to pull the tank and disconnect something to be done with these things or do they need to stay? I don't have the screamin eagle instructions because I bought the bike used with it already installed, and can't find anything on youtube to explain. The Roland Sands cleaner has no such wired gadgets. Anyone? Thanks.
...wait..what? You have chrome gadgets with lights come out from your air cleaner? Some pictures would help. The bike doesn't have an underglow kit on it, does it?

Old 03-24-2014, 09:27 AM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
...wait..what? You have chrome gadgets with lights come out from your air cleaner? Some pictures would help. The bike doesn't have an underglow kit on it, does it?
I'd say Sgt Jim is on the right track. Sounds like some kind of LED lighting to me too. You might look around and see if there's a switch on the bike somewhere. The sensor/valve I'm talking about is attached to the top of the throttle body and not connected to the screaming eagle backing plate at all. On the stock intake there is something attached to the back of it but I think it's part of the pollution control for California/international models and it's definitely not chrome. If you decide you don't want the chrome things attached to the backing plate it sounds like removing the tank will be the way to get rid of them completely. It's not really that hard of a job, just take your time with it. The quicker option is to just remove them and cut and tape the wires but I might be leery of doing that with a newer bike since they tend not to like that kind of thing.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:31 AM
Proofrock
6th Gear

What are these wired devices??? They look like lights but don't turn on with the accessories or ignition switch.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-air-cleaner-1.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-air-cleaner-2.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-air-cleaner-3.jpg  
Old 03-24-2014, 10:28 AM
Proofrock
6th Gear

Strange, but I can't view my own pics of my air cleaner. I get a message that says I don't have privilages to view.

Old 03-24-2014, 03:14 PM
bauer4567
Tourer

Strange, but I can't view my own pics of my air cleaner. I get a message that says I don't have privilages to view.
Where do those wires go? It doesnt appear to be factory... It looks like there is a loose wire end with stripped copper wiring showing in the one picture, but cant see anything else really...

NEVERMIND: sorry, I read your other post above.

Those do not look like anything that I had on mine, with the screaming eagle setup... The wiring also does not appear to be factory. I would take the tank off and trace the wires, get rid of them properly to make sure you dont end up with any grounding or short issues.

Last edited by bauer4567; 03-24-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:51 PM
wellsrp23
4th Gear
Default Drag vs Apes

FBL riders,
I am having a hell of a time deciding between outfitting my 2010 FBL with drag style bars or some Apes. Any input or a direction to go and check out different styles of bars is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Old 03-24-2014, 06:12 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What are these wired devices??? They look like lights but don't turn on with the accessories or ignition switch.
That looks like a light-kit to me. Check under your rear and front fenders and see if there's any wires coming out from them (generally tied off to the brake line), and yeah, check on the left side of the fuel tank and see if there's a switch or something... or take the seat off and look at the battery terminals.. see if there are any extra wires hooked up to them that look out of place. Either way, that's not stock, and you'll probably have to lift the tank (maybe not remove it) to get rid of those..

Originally Posted by wellsrp23
FBL riders,
I am having a hell of a time deciding between outfitting my 2010 FBL with drag style bars or some Apes. Any input or a direction to go and check out different styles of bars is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
So.. I went with Streetslammers from 2010-2014. They're not a straight-drag bar, but close to it. I liked them a lot, pretty good for long distances and everything, but I just switched to Apes (many thanks to Brent/USr1deMC, who happens to be the only one of you who has the photos of my bike with the bars on them), but I haven't gotten to ride with them on, yet. But even sitting on the bike they feel more comfortable. But I've got to throw in that I've had a separated shoulder, and some problems with my back, so i'm hoping keeping my shoulder in a higher position helps

Old 03-24-2014, 07:56 PM
Jmaz
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My 2013 FatBoy lo was delivered last Friday evening and I put a few miles on the bike on Saturday. Sunday was pretty chilly, but I rode anyway.... I have been taking it slowjJust getting used to the size and weight of the bike. Now all i need is a gremlin bell! I was also thinking of getting some riding jeans this weekend from revzilla. Any recommendations?

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners