Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 09:37 PM
TX Lo Life
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by James Riley
Drove up to Laramie yesterday and picked up my 2011 Fat Boy Lo, Denim Black, ABS and Security, $16,252.00. I think that was a good deal and (so far) I recommend them.

Drove it home in the back of my truck with the fobs too far from the bike so the lights blinked all the way home (6 hours) and now it won't start. They recommend the *Harley* trickle charger that hooks into the pig tail. I will get one next time I'm in town, but I'm about 75 miles to the nearest dealer and live in the middle of the mountains. I do have some other chargers for cars and trucks, etc and I can get to a Napa 25 miles away for some after-market, generic deal. Can anyone recommend an alternative to the Harley deal? They said the Harley deal is a real slow amp delivery and easy on their battery which I don't want to f*ck up using the wrong charger. Is it safe to use something else or should I wait?

Thanks.

I hope to get photo's up soon.
Congrats on the new bike. Every time I put mine in the trailer I disconnect the battery for that reason. I use the Battery Tender Jr. it mates to the factory HD pigtail. I've used the Battery Tender brand for years on my other bikes and ATVs. Cheap and works great.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:08 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

any tender will mend her

Old 01-14-2011, 10:11 PM
DaveFLSTFB
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Youngneg
Hey dave
sweet bike man!!!! what`s that lay back licence plate frame...harley? drag specialty?.... i like it
I'm not sure of the brand, it was cheap and I painted it.

Dave

Old 01-15-2011, 07:08 AM
Bonzo27524
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey James, glad to hear that you gota FB but sorry to hear of your problem-but not to worry- no you do not have to get the HD charger. You can get a battery tender after you get the battery chargerd up. You can use any charger but the battery tender will keep the charge. It connects right to the post and then you and place the pigtail where you can plug it in after a ride. The tender does not charge the battery it just maintains the charge. They are $35 for the mini and I think around $50 for the larger one. If you have a bike shop close to you they will probably have one. Enjoy the FB mine goes in the shop TUesday for the last round of big mods-getting some things powdercoated and putting in a set of Thunder City Monster baffels.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:31 PM
James Riley
Tourer

Originally Posted by Bonzo27524
Hey James, glad to hear that you gota FB but sorry to hear of your problem-but not to worry- no you do not have to get the HD charger. You can get a battery tender after you get the battery chargerd up. You can use any charger but the battery tender will keep the charge. It connects right to the post and then you and place the pigtail where you can plug it in after a ride. The tender does not charge the battery it just maintains the charge. They are $35 for the mini and I think around $50 for the larger one. If you have a bike shop close to you they will probably have one. Enjoy the FB mine goes in the shop TUesday for the last round of big mods-getting some things powdercoated and putting in a set of Thunder City Monster baffels.
Thanks Bonzo and others. I borrowed one of those trickle charges from a friend up the road, put it on last night and today, after the frost burnt off, I went out and she fired right up. Now I need to unload her off the truck, take her out back and get some photographs. Can't wait to take her for a spin on Monday. The guy up the road has been riding Harleys for thirty years and he and his wife are going to get me started.

Another friend who has a Harley wants to get me a bell. Apparently it's a tradition. What's that all about?

Thanks again.

Old 01-15-2011, 02:31 PM
SuspendedUser
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coil relocate complete!

Last edited by SuspendedUser; 01-15-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:19 PM
James Riley
Tourer

It ain't Florida, Guam or Cali, but it's my place, right on the Loneliest Highway in America. I'll be riding up and down it come Spring. That's a Bald Eagle in the snag and he usually takes off when there is noise. This time I pulled up in the horse pasture and he flew right in to take a look. I figure that's a good sign. Me, wife and son on the first motorcycle I've ever owned. This green horn is looking forward to good times.:

Name:  011511001.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  131.8 KB

Name:  011511002.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  142.6 KB

Name:  011511005.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  115.8 KB

Name:  011511006.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  84.4 KB

Name:  011511007.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  150.9 KB

Old 01-15-2011, 10:35 PM
AtlantaGhostRider
4th Gear

Originally Posted by flagirl
For me, the street slammer bars had a good few inches of pullback so I'm not leaning so far forward. The reach with the stock bars was too long so I was leaning forward too much. It put too much pressure on my tailbone and really my shoulders I found when doing hard turns, it really pushed the limits of my reach. Now I'm sitting straighter, my shoulders don't ache after 30 min of riding, and the turns are more controlled. The height is slightly higher (in my opinion) than the stock bars but not too much to be uncomfortable.
Do you have the HD street slammers? I'm having the same issue with my stock bars and want to swap them out.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:37 PM
AtlantaGhostRider
4th Gear

Originally Posted by musicnbikes
more mods coming soon...... I know.... the garage is a mess. I will get to it. lol.
Dig the pipe, but don't think I could do without the rear pegs though.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:45 PM
DaveFLSTFB
Road Captain

Originally Posted by rquirch
Coil relocate complete!

I like it

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners