Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 06:22 PM
JRuss
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yardstick
On the brake light ..... take the lever off and check the switch. If your not real careful you can break it putting the lever in. If switch is OK, make sure the lever isn't installed wrong pushing the button out of alignment.

These mistakes are very easy to make and hard to discern when made. Don't ask me how I know....lol
Yeah I'm gonna pull it back off tomorrow morning.

Another question:

I just got a LePera bare bones and pillion.
Does anyone know how to access the extra hole right behind the stock mounting bolts. Do you just have to have incredibly tiny forearms??
I even put the bike up on the jack and still don't have enough room to slide my arm up in there.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:37 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by JRuss
Yeah I'm gonna pull it back off tomorrow morning.Another question:

Does anyone know how to access the extra hole right behind the stock mounting bolts. Do you just have to have incredibly tiny forearms??
I even put the bike up on the jack and still don't have enough room to slide my arm up in there.
May sound invasive but I've done this a few times if you remove the seat and unplug main rear light connector located underseat on right side at the start of rear fender remove the front two fender strut bolts on both sides and rear fender lifts straight off very easily I was worried the first time now I can have off in 5 min

Old 02-28-2014, 09:38 PM
Vwoo
Cruiser

Another question:

I had the same issue installing my seat. I have a flexible claw tool. I put the new nut in the tool and fed it up to the fender hole and attached the ring.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:26 AM
JRuss
Cruiser

I may pull the fender, but first I'm gonna try using a larger zip tie and fish it through from the tire gap.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:45 AM
Yardstick
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Another question:

Read some of the responses to this and boy talking about doing it the hard way. Here is the simple and easy way:

Get a length of wire (16 g is good) and feed through the hole from the top of the fender, guiding it to the side of the tire. When it extends far enough to grab it do so and pull enough to make a knot in the end.

Slip the wire through the top of the mounting nut and tie a loose knot in the end to hold the nut in place. Pull on the other end of the wire at the top of the fender until the nut feed through.

Grab the nut with your finger and slip the plastic c clip into the slot to hold it in place. Then if you have tied the knot right, you can pull on the wire and it will come through the hole. If not, then just feed it back through the nut to the tire side.

Quick, simple, easy, low stress, no damage and it works.

:-)

Old 03-02-2014, 04:47 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I have some softail bags for sale

They're 18" wide, 14" high and 7" deep. Good bags. Plenty of room. I used them with barebacks and a long backrest. 150.00 plus shipping.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_20140224_171507.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_20140224_171318.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-part_1393290320785-2-.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-part_1393290441799.jpg  
Old 03-02-2014, 04:51 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Fatburger
They're 18" wide, 14" high and 7" deep. Good bags. Plenty of room. I used them with barebacks and a long backrest. 150.00 plus shipping.
Barebacks are okay but they ain't all that.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_20130616_120805-1.jpg  
Old 03-02-2014, 04:53 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Vwoo
I had the same issue installing my seat. I have a flexible claw tool. I put the new nut in the tool and fed it up to the fender hole and attached the ring.
Mean machine dude. One of the top three on here now.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Bonehead5
6th Gear
Exclamation newbee

Joining the darkside. Been reading forum from start to finish. Some really nice bikes. In the middle of a few mods dont worry reflectors was first to go.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-20130823_155413.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-20131001_172035.jpg  
Old 03-02-2014, 03:45 PM
Vwoo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Fatburger
Mean machine dude. One of the top three on here now.
Thanks Fatburger

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners