Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 09:40 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by xxhowiexx
What a great thread!
Welcome to forum and the cool kids Lo club. Hopefully soon we will be riding again in WI. Can't wait.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:42 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RightOnFatty
Lately, I've tried to stay below my old lady's radar on mods, but the stock handle bar has grown a little too old for my taste. I truly want to try out a mini ape of some sorts, but don't know where to start since there are too many of them out there. I understand that, with the mini, I will be able to reuse my stock cables/wires (money is tight when it comes to mods ). It must, as stock, be 1.25" from end to end (want to be able to reuse the stock clamps) and the width is NOT to exceed 32" (for the ease of split...nah, 'sharing' narrow lanes on streets/freeways). Just a shot in the dark, but if anyone knows of one, please point it out. A web site is also a good start. Much appreciated.
Pat.
I split lanes with 39" wide LA choppers. My advice would be get some good knurled bars with risers. Its not that much more $ and the solid feel is worth the peace of mind...especially in socal traffic. I had to have my risers and top clamp knurled with a center punch because the bars slid with the 1.25" LA Choppers risers and clamp. I wanted a cleaner look so I didn't use the stock risers. Alot of guys on here use the stock risers and I've never read where they had any probs. Good Luck with the ole lady. Tell her safety is worth the extra $. She might buy it lol. Wild 1s has a good website with a photo gallery.

Last edited by Fatburger; 01-23-2014 at 12:47 AM.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:48 AM
yobtaf103
Road Master
Received 283 Likes on 182 Posts
Default 18"Wheel in rear/ mods needed ?

Hi Guys, got a 11 low abs most aftermarket wheels PM etc list 18"x5.5 rims will these reqire any mods to fit with 18/200 tires thinkin metzeler.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:27 PM
RightOnFatty
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many thanks, JRuss and Fatburger (feel hungry every time I see your nickname, LOL). I'm now studying a few threads on the matter. Hopefully something will come up soon. Also do appreciate the info on the knurling technique... too important to be ignored. Wonder if any one had any experience with this bar or the likes from Arlen Ness
http://shop.arlenness.com/p-7198-mod...ail-black.aspx
Good looking, but darn....expensive! Pretty sure that won't be bought by my ole lady as a "safety feature" on the bike

Old 01-24-2014, 08:12 AM
CruzB
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not much of a content-ful post here, but I've got 52 days until I'm stateside again and get to take this beauty for a ride. Currently gearing up for comfort sine I've got a 6 hour ride ahead of me when I get back, and after a year of no riding, I'm sure it's going to take some getting used to. About to send the seat in to Mean City Cycles for reshaping and then order LA Choppers' Hefty Roadking/Knuckle handlebars to install.

Name:  LV6hwyE.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  64.6 KB

Old 01-24-2014, 08:39 AM
JRuss
Cruiser

Many thanks, JRuss and Fatburger (feel hungry every time I see your nickname, LOL). I'm now studying a few threads on the matter. Hopefully something will come up soon. Also do appreciate the info on the knurling technique... too important to be ignored. Wonder if any one had any experience with this bar or the likes from Arlen Ness
Good looking, but darn....expensive! Pretty sure that won't be bought by my ole lady as a "safety feature" on the bike
It looks like those bars drop down to 1" at the risers. So you'd need new risers with them.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:41 PM
RightOnFatty
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JRuss
It looks like those bars drop down to 1" at the risers. So you'd need new risers with them.
Thanks for pointing it out, JRuss... Another draw back...I would assume that people'd rather up-size the risers to a more appeal, beefier ones than the skinny 1 inchers! Wrong assumption. I guess the manufactures want to please a larger market than just H-D itself. Looking into LA Choppers' at this point. Not too far from them...maybe I should pay them a visit.

Old 01-25-2014, 03:00 AM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Old 01-25-2014, 10:46 PM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Those are rad. Would look way cool on your lo. Kinda pricey...especially with risers but so what. They're different and unique which I personally like. Again, good luck man.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:19 PM
xxhowiexx
6th Gear

Good god, I've been reading this thread forever! Way to many things to buy now... Where to start?!

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners