Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 12:13 PM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member

Received 791 Likes on 384 Posts
Old 12-31-2013, 04:56 AM
turd fergussen
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, I wanna see the pick of the air cleaner/derby cover on the bike... lol

Old 12-31-2013, 08:57 AM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by turd fergussen
Nice, I wanna see the pick of the air cleaner/derby cover on the bike... lol

Gotta figure out what to do about the computer before I put the a/c on. I did pipes and was told that I'd need to do something about the computer when I did the rest of stage 1. The computer part of these new bikes is still new to me. My 94 would be no prob. lol

Any tips about programmers would be good. lol

Old 12-31-2013, 10:12 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tas_todd
Gotta figure out what to do about the computer before I put the a/c on. I did pipes and was told that I'd need to do something about the computer when I did the rest of stage 1. The computer part of these new bikes is still new to me. My 94 would be no prob. lol

Any tips about programmers would be good. lol
yeah.. carb'd bikes are easy. rejet the carb and you're done. More or less you're doing the same thing to the fuel injection system. You're increasing the air flow inwards, and increasing the exhaust flow outwards, so you need to increase the amount of fuel the injectors are blowing in to the engine, right? right. Same basic premise as rejetting a carb. There's 1,001 threads on this forum on different fuel tuners. I've been very happy with my Power Commander V, especially when I had the bike properly tuned by my indy. The bike ran like a stabbed rat.

There's plenty of people on here who will say the PCV (which i guess now is the PC-EX) and the Autotune make a good combo (though you're looking at like $500+ for the two). or the Power Vision, also from Dynojet. I really don't understand that though.. It comes with some LCD screen, but do you need to leave the screen hooked up? idk. My pipes don't have O2 sensors in them, so it's kind of a bust for me anyways haha.

There's some who will say just go with the SERT (Screamin' Eagle Race Tuner) from HD, or the Thundermax.. anyways, there's only a bazillion choices out there.

If I had to recommend one, for 2011 and below I'd say the PCV, for 2012+ (like yours) maybe do some good research/pricing in to the power vision.. give FuelMoto a call, they seem to have good prices on these sort of things.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:33 AM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member

Thanks Jim. That feeling of information overload is what I deal with when looking into this sort of thing. lol It'll take a little time but I'll sort it out. Was NOT looking at another 500 to tune. I guess it goes w/ the territory now.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:56 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

well if you trust them, you can have your dealer flash the ECM.. but unless you buy the stage I kit through them, they're going to bitch at you about warranty's and such. It will all be lies. For my indy to tune my bike, he charges about $200. And that's because we're friends. But let me tell you, when I got my bike back from him, it was worth every nickel.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:12 PM
TILTED KILT
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Getting it done 1 $$$$$ at a time.

Old 12-31-2013, 04:57 PM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member

Went by my indy today and we ordered the PCV. That was his recommendation for variety now and later on if I make some changes. He likes a lot of the programmers but said he has the best results with PC. Should be in Monday. Thanks for the assist.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:51 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

anyone running progressive 422s?

Old 01-02-2014, 07:16 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Fatburger
anyone running progressive 422s?
yup. i like them. still need to get around to adjusting my preload though