Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 07:19 PM
Vwoo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
If things get caught up around here this winter I would like to get the shotgun for my bike. But after getting my semi engine rebuilt and taking time off from work to be with my wife while she was under going treatment for cancer mods have been put to the back burner.
I wish the best for your wife. Dealing with cancer treatment is a real bear from what I've seen. I hope she gets to have some fun this Christmas! You too...

Old 12-23-2013, 07:47 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks Vwoo. She is off treatment for now as her blood test came back very good. We are praying for a full remission. The next 6 months will tell us one way or the other.

I will more then likely find a few small mods to do during the winter if I can get the shop warmed up and motivated enough to get out and tinker around. This year has just completely drained me of energy and extra cash.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:31 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Thanks Vwoo. She is off treatment for now as her blood test came back very good. We are praying for a full remission. The next 6 months will tell us one way or the other.

I will more then likely find a few small mods to do during the winter if I can get the shop warmed up and motivated enough to get out and tinker around. This year has just completely drained me of energy and extra cash.
Prayers Misbehavin

Last edited by Fatburger; 12-24-2013 at 01:56 AM.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:48 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain

Okay I'm kinda pissed. I got my 16" LA choppers hefty 1 1/4" dia. bars on and wired. All systems functioning. No blown fuses or electrical probs. The only thing that pisses me off is the LA choppers hefty handlebar 3 piece riser kit 1.5" tall with top clamp is ****. Its as tight as its going to get and the bars slide back n forth. Why? Is it the black powder coat? Miled wrong? Everything looks even. I used the bolts that came with the kit. It looks cool. I'd rather use the kit instead of the stock risers. I'm thinking of getting the kit knurled at a machine shop. Can that be done? Any ideas are greatly appreciated. I'm reasonably mechanically inclined but I'm no bike builder or metal fab dude. Gotta ride. Its 65 and sunshine here.

Last edited by Fatburger; 12-24-2013 at 02:04 AM.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:16 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatburger
Okay I'm kinda pissed. I got my 16" LA choppers hefty 1 1/4" dia. bars on and wired. All systems functioning. No blown fuses or electrical probs. The only thing that pisses me off is the LA choppers hefty handlebar 3 piece riser kit 1.5" tall with top clamp is ****. Its as tight as its going to get and the bars slide back n forth. Why? Is it the black powder coat? Miled wrong? Everything looks even. I used the bolts that came with the kit. It looks cool. I'd rather use the kit instead of the stock risers. I'm thinking of getting the kit knurled at a machine shop. Can that be done? Any ideas are greatly appreciated. I'm reasonably mechanically inclined but I'm no bike builder or metal fab dude. Gotta ride. Its 65 and sunshine here.
Use some drywall sanding screen. Cut it in a strip and wrap it around your bars where they seat in the risers. Use some electrical tape to hold it in place while you get things tight.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:49 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatburger
Is the top clamp drawn all the way down to the risers, or does the clamp just have no grip?

Old 12-24-2013, 10:31 PM
Fatburger
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
Is the top clamp drawn all the way down to the risers, or does the clamp just have no grip?
Top clamp is not quite down to the risers. I got on the bike after tightening with loctite. I pulled pretty hard but not super hard (like if you were going to stand up and stretch your legs) and they slid back about 4 inches. I'm outta town now. My friend did a dity knurl job on the clamp. He said he can't move em now so we'll see when I get back. He's the head of ITT tech here and works on most of my friend's bikes. I can pretty much take his word for it. Anyways, thanks again for responding. Merry Christmas.

Old 12-25-2013, 07:58 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Merry Christmas to my Lo family

Old 12-26-2013, 03:53 PM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member

Received 791 Likes on 384 Posts

US Navy engraved timing cover, Jack Daniels A/C cover insert for the Big Sucker air cleaner Santa also brought, new gremlin bell and I just ordered some Tail Art frame inserts and the POW/MIA red and black derby cover I've been eyeing. I told my wife that I was gonna think real hard about what I did to be so good this year so I can do it again next year. lol Of course, I led her with e-mail links of the things I was looking for. She sure hooked me up. She got some new Vance and Hines pipes for her street bob so, she's real happy.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:08 PM
Joe_Brock
Cruiser

Pics?

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners