Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 07:18 PM
JSharp
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jjmitchem
How many of you have removed the plastic strip under the passenger pillion and just left it off - even if you put the pillion back on?

Will the pillion scratch the paint?
I took mine off and the pillion has not scratched my fender nor my sundowner but I had my bike in for service and when I changed the seat out a couple of weeks later I had a nasty scratch in the fender. I think it happened at the dealership but can't prove it. I guess unless I was riding with just a solo seat I would leave it on.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I removed the plastic from mine. I have a fender bib which stays on all the time and it protects the fender when I put the pillion on.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:10 PM
jjmitchem
Advanced

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
I removed the plastic from mine. I have a fender bib which stays on all the time and it protects the fender when I put the pillion on.
I was wondering if it would work with a bib on it - gonna have to get one now so I have the easy option of taking the pillion off and on

Old 11-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my plastic thing is still on with my bib on..just never bothered to take it off

Old 11-10-2013, 01:26 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikeskins
Well I'll take it as a compliment if he meant the old Indians.
I saw a 2014 at Black Indian Vintage at uh...starbucks today. Very cool. You get all the add-ons and a 111 motor for 21 gs. They're all made in my home state with American made parts by Americans. Not bad...tire pressure monitoring, remote ignition...I don't know about that though. I saw a guy start his road glide with a loud *** thunder header go back in the bar for his smokes. When he came back his bike had vibrated down the slightly inclined street for a ways and laid over. We tried to catch it but were too late. Another guy shut if off. Dude came out less than happy. It was his birthday party ride with his homies. It was kind of reassuring to know I'm not the only one who f's up once in awhile.

Last edited by Fatburger; 11-10-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:20 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Only thing I truly do not care for about Indian's are those fenders. A friend of mine and I were walking around Manhattan last weekend and he saw one riding by (he's not that wise, didn't know it was an Indian), but the bike hit a bump, and the fenders moved individually from the bike because of the suspension and he just laughed and thought it looked obnoxious..

And I guess there's a safety switch for that remote start..or it has to disconnect the clutch somehow, yeah? Would never work for me, because I generally leave my bike in gear.

And also..it's getting cold out. And every time I start putting my boots on to go ride, something has come up..it's driving me insane. I've got 3/4 of a tank of gas I want to get rid of so it'll be easier for me to drain and remove the tank to start the winter fun.. and I can't do it because of stupidity. gosh diddly.

Old 11-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Only thing I truly do not care for about Indian's are those fenders. A friend of mine and I were walking around Manhattan last weekend and he saw one riding by (he's not that wise, didn't know it was an Indian), but the bike hit a bump, and the fenders moved individually from the bike because of the suspension and he just laughed and thought it looked obnoxious..

And I guess there's a safety switch for that remote start..or it has to disconnect the clutch somehow, yeah? Would never work for me, because I generally leave my bike in gear.

And also..it's getting cold out. And every time I start putting my boots on to go ride, something has come up..it's driving me insane. I've got 3/4 of a tank of gas I want to get rid of so it'll be easier for me to drain and remove the tank to start the winter fun.. and I can't do it because of stupidity. gosh diddly.
So what's on your winter tear down and mod list I know you've already done 107 jealous as hell.... So what's next and I'm with you with auto start asking for issues there

Old 11-11-2013, 07:21 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Lone wolf lo 10
So what's on your winter tear down and mod list I know you've already done 107 jealous as hell.... So what's next and I'm with you with auto start asking for issues there
Well, I'm starting with trading out the street slammers for a set of 14" ape's. Fellow Lo brother USr1deMC contacted me about doing a 1-1 swap, so when it gets definitely cold I believe we're going to coordinate schedules and swap those out.

I've got my new tires ready to go on, just have to tear the wheels off the bike and take them over to the local shop that does that ($20-25/wheel, can't beat that, short of doing it myself).

And last, I'm going to be fabricating my own 2-1 exhaust. I've been trying to research what goes in to these things that makes 2-1's so good.. it's mostly about the length of the merge collectors and the transition angle of the cones. Still have to figure out a baffle system.. but i'm working on it. Should be awesome.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys I've got a deal for anybody wanting to bag out their Lo. I've got a set of Boss Bags Phantom 40s still for sale. They have the permanent mounted pouches on the bag. I paid 1175 and I'm asking 800 shipped. Here's the link to the ad I posted in the classifieds section

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...l#post11982213

Old 11-14-2013, 09:35 AM
JRuss
Cruiser

count me out for remote start. that just sounds like you're asking for trouble.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners