Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 10:18 PM
OldNavy66
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first Harley: 2010 Fatboy Lo

This is my 1st Harley and went for the FB Lo. Current mods include 2" black handlebar risers, electronic RTB tail lights, detachable windshield. Looking for advice on lower positioned pipes (Black) to allow for larger detachable saddle bags. Any thoughts? I want to go further with the black theme.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-email-fatboy-large-web-view.jpg  
Old 01-08-2011, 11:27 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OldNavy66
This is my 1st Harley and went for the FB Lo. Current mods include 2" black handlebar risers, electronic RTB tail lights, detachable windshield. Looking for advice on lower positioned pipes (Black) to allow for larger detachable saddle bags. Any thoughts? I want to go further with the black theme.
Welcome and good luck with ur mods!

Old 01-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Pyron
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DaveFLSTFB
Happy New Year! Post #1000
I'm imagining Dave sitting there refreshing his screen over and over until that 999th post hit just so he could post this

Old 01-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Pyron
Cruiser

In other news... the stealer is supposed to have finished up the install of a few items and sent me pics by now. I'll post 'em up when they're here.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:45 PM
sessionstu
2nd Gear
Default My 2011 Fatboy Lo

It's been four weeks since I purchased my 2011 Fatboy Lo and things are starting to take shape. Time to ride.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:06 PM
DaveFLSTFB
Road Captain

:
Originally Posted by pyron
i'm imagining dave sitting there refreshing his screen over and over until that 999th post hit just so he could post this
Actually I got lucky. But the thought was in my mind

Old 01-10-2011, 05:08 PM
DaveFLSTFB
Road Captain

[QUOTE=sessionstu;7762571]It's been four weeks since I purchased my 2011 Fatboy Lo and things are starting to take shape. Time to ride.

I wish I could look out the window and see palm trees

Old 01-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Sash302
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sessionstu
It's been four weeks since I purchased my 2011 Fatboy Lo and things are starting to take shape. Time to ride.

nice bike but Harley and toyota dos not go together,

Old 01-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Caseyx
Tourer

Soon, so very soon...my bike is going to transform!

My wife loaded me up with some accessories for X-mas (Edge-Cut grips, shift levers, pedals, shifter pegs, blacked out LED taillight and a bike cover)

I've bought the blacked out round bar sissy bar and matching luggage rack, taillight relo, lay back license frame and a right hand hard tool box (it's chrome, getting it coated black soon, HD only sells the left side in black) and blacked out signal covers.

Just ordered 16" Sweeping Beaters from BR and the matching Meat Hook engine guards in flat black. Took forever deciding on those parts. Going with NAMZ for the wiring (said they would have the tooling ready this Friday, no soldering required for 2011 Lo's) and most likely the black pearl cables by Magnum shielding, maybe from BR (just need to figure out the length, hoping to do that BEFORE i get the bars on the bike).

Since I finally made up my mind about the bars, it made it easier for me to decide on the solo bag and I went with Garage Leathers. I spent a lot of time reading reviews here and elsewhere and looking at a lot of pics. I know it was more $$$$, but I just liked them better overall.

Last but not least, I think I am going to go with SuperTrapp Supermegs...I just need to wait till Friday comes and replenishs the coffers, but hoping to find the best deal by then. Of course, 4 days is a long time away and I may change my mind (or one of you guys may do it for me, LOL). Still a little partial to V&H's Big Radius 2-2, Pro Pipe HO and Tracker 2-1's (EDIT:Scratch the Tracker, i need the footpegs for the Old Lady)...****...I think I am going to need at least 4 days to make up mine all over again.

Anyways, I want to have the exhaust on hand when I do the bars so I only have to loosen or take stuff off once...going to take a week off in early Febuary. So, thats my goal, to install all of that with plenty of time to trouble shoot and ride!

A/C and tuner will happen after Daytona.

Am I forgetting anything that makes sense to do while installing all of this stuff? Vendors are welcome to PM me...

Last edited by Caseyx; 01-10-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:22 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Caseyx

Soon, so very soon...my bike is going to transform!

My wife loaded me up with some accessories for X-mas (Edge-Cut grips, shift levers, pedals, shifter pegs, blacked out LED taillight and a bike cover)

I've bought the blacked out round bar sissy bar and matching luggage rack, taillight relo, lay back license frame and a right hand hard tool box (it's chrome, getting it coated black soon, HD only sells the left side in black) and blacked out signal covers.

Just ordered 16" Sweeping Beaters from BR and the matching Meat Hook engine guards in flat black. Took forever deciding on those parts. Going with NAMZ for the wiring (said they would have the tooling ready this Friday, no soldering required for 2011 Lo's) and most likely the black pearl cables by Magnum shielding, maybe from BR (just need to figure out the length, hoping to do that BEFORE i get the bars on the bike).

Since I finally made up my mind about the bars, it made it easier for me to decide on the solo bag and I went with Garage Leathers. I spent a lot of time reading reviews here and elsewhere and looking at a lot of pics. I know it was more $$$$, but I just liked them better overall.

Last but not least, I think I am going to go with SuperTrapp Supermegs...I just need to wait till Friday comes and replenishs the coffers, but hoping to find the best deal by then. Of course, 4 days is a long time away and I may change my mind (or one of you guys may do it for me, LOL). Still a little partial to V&H's Big Radius 2-2, Pro Pipe HO and Tracker 2-1's (EDIT:Scratch the Tracker, i need the footpegs for the Old Lady)...****...I think I am going to need at least 4 days to make up mine all over again.

Anyways, I want to have the exhaust on hand when I do the bars so I only have to loosen or take stuff off once...going to take a week off in early Febuary. So, thats my goal, to install all of that with plenty of time to trouble shoot and ride!

A/C and tuner will happen after Daytona.

Am I forgetting anything that makes sense to do while installing all of this stuff? Vendors are welcome to PM me...
th_GetAttachment12.jpg?t=1294712144th_GetAttachment1.jpg?t=1294712144th_mag8.jpg?t=1294712218th_mag4.jpg?t=1294712218th_Fatboylo001.jpg?t=1294712275edge cut series, 2 into 2 V/H big radius, garage leathers bag, smoked turn signals and brake light.

Just thought I'd show you some pictures with that stuff on the lo! Good luck bro!

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners