Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Leonidas__300
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crazy talk!

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
If I were to ever, I'd get a batwing fairing with a stereo, and get some hardbags like JoseWales has and still save money over a new bagger :'(

I do like the way the new bags open, with the latch in the back.. but if you tap on them, they don't even sound like fiberglass anymore..they sound like plastic now, which i know, they said about the fenders a year ago, but they really do.

but i haven't gotten to that point yet where i'd want a bagger.. not yet.. a few more years, or if a dump truck runs mine over in a parking lot (which i've had vivid dreams about several times..so im dreading it)
DITTO! I just don't understand the logic... you have already lost money on dealer fees, transportation, taxes/title, depreciation, upgrades, hourly labor , etc. If you are so inclined to have the bagger's traveling versatility; then why not do what some of the other lads here have done (josewales) and make it a Lo Glide??! The cost difference between getting a new bike and having to go through all of the same costs + take a hit on the bike you are trading in Vs. spending half of that loss on converting the Lo is a no brainer IMO. I don't know, it just doesn't make sense... it seems like people are getting ancy for a new set of wheels and justifying it to themselves. LOL If i end up getting one of the new glides it will be because I want a new project and to change up the pace a bit. my 2cents... slainte

Old 10-12-2013, 06:16 PM
FBLDavid
5th Gear

I've been thinking of doing some engine work over the winter. Anyone gone with a 107 bolt on big bore with cams, which would give me about 110lbs of torque. Torn between that or just going with a cam job to get about 10-15 more HP. All my buds got those new 103s and leaving me behind on our runs. LOL

Old 10-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Bagger Jim
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
is that the red one? looks sharp in the sunlight.
It's called Cayenne. Really looks black in the garage or at night, but glows kind of like black cherry in the sun.

Last edited by Bagger Jim; 10-12-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FBLDavid
I've been thinking of doing some engine work over the winter. Anyone gone with a 107 bolt on big bore with cams, which would give me about 110lbs of torque. Torn between that or just going with a cam job to get about 10-15 more HP. All my buds got those new 103s and leaving me behind on our runs. LOL
i've got a 107" w/Woods TW-555 cams & ported/polished heads. I still haven't had it properly tuned yet, so I don't know what kind of numbers it's really making.. but it's a frickin monster compared to the stock 96".

Now, with that being said.. Depends on your budget.. there are a few cams out there that can give you plenty of power.. off the top of my head the Woods TW-222's are meant for stock 103"/96" builds and can get you close to 100tq.

But as they say...there's no replacement for displacement.

Old 10-12-2013, 11:42 PM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Haha good deal!I saw your other bike so I know she will be.

Thanks man. I'm pretty stoked!

I definitely appreciate that! It'll still be here on the forums as you can see from Khainedaemon.
Congrats Captain, wait till your kids 22 and asking you for money haha. The govt shutdown is putting a cramp in my son's monthly college money. I always dug your bike. Yours was the first silver one on here. Can you tell me what diameter your apes are/were? They look killer. After a lot of headaches and goin back and forth with LA chprs, HCC, Wild 1 and Carlini, I've finally made up my my mind. I'm going with LA choppers. Getting a good look at your profile pics helped me decide. I appreciate any advice as to install. misbehavin your advice is also welcome...lol either one. My indi dude says I better be ready to fork out 1200.00 for bushings, wire extensions and 8 hours of labor...I said "dayum". Anyways, Many thanks and again, congrats L8r.

Old 10-13-2013, 03:39 AM
ILLADELPHFATBOY
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Greetings from Philly all! Love the thread and all the "Lo down" discussion. Some very nice looking bikes indeed! Here is my modest Lo in the sig.

Old 10-13-2013, 05:35 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 818 Likes on 804 Posts

Originally Posted by FBLDavid
Just got back from a trip last month. 2 out of the 5 of guys I went with had new bikes with the 103's. One time I got beside one of them and said lets see what they will do.

His new 13 Ultra with Stg1 and tuned and my 07 Stg1 and Andrews 26 cams.
from 40-75 mph in third, forth, and 5th gears. results was 3rd and 4th we stayed within a bikes length, in 5th I pulled him just a little at first then we stayed even..

So just saying a 96 with Cams and a good tune will keep up or pull ahead of a stg1 103.
Plus, the 26'H and Rush slip-ons I have are mild increases compared to some others cams and pipes.

My Son who was also on the trip has a 10 St Glide with 2-1, S&S 551 cams and a good tune walks all over me and the new 103's we rode with.
His bike just walked away from the other new bike we rode with that had stg1 and 255 cams, but just did a download, didn't do a dyno.

So with some good cams, good pipes and a good tune, that should let Ur 96''er keep up or every walk away from a 103 without cams. Throw in a good street port and U really move out them.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:18 AM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I must agree Leonidas thats why I went with the Lo glide.
Name:  IMAG1158.jpg
Views: 1759
Size:  167.0 KB
Name:  IMAG1151.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  154.3 KB

Old 10-13-2013, 08:46 AM
Leonidas__300
Intermediate
Default Exactly!

Originally Posted by serjayson
I must agree Leonidas thats why I went with the Lo glide.

That's what i'm talking about.. LOOKS GREAT and you can strip it down if you wanted.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:58 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

serjayson,

Is that the Bad Dad kit out back?
What front fender you running?

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners