Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Mikeskins
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Name:  2013-10-05154332_zps44e19853.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  125.8 KB
Rode a bit with my buddy the other day and he said "you're crazy leaning your bike that much". I gotta grind my stock boards as much as possible before I upgrade.
Originally Posted by Yardstick
Bought a 2013 Fatboy Low last Saturday. Adjusted the shock preload and now I'm happy because no more bottoming out. Added stage one a/c and rush mufflers on the way. Been a bagger rider since 2007; wanted a fatboy too. But because I don't plan on a lot of cross country trips anymore.....got my fatboy. Loved the style of the low and went with vivid black.

Last edited by Mikeskins; 10-10-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:15 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikeskins
It was my sergeant major that had me do it. I was annoyed because it was the look I wanted and I had spent a pretty penny getting it set up. I don't blame him though he is just upholding a standard. I knew I was wrong when I had them put on in March but had no issues til now. I was going to sell them but I'm not sure.
The paint on the carlini logo is already wearing off. The part is bare where the risers are they had put some metal mesh since it didn't have knurls, so cosmetically they aren't great. Currently using the clutch, brake and extensions on the stock ones until I knock it all out in one project. I'll keep the extensions for sure and just trim them.
If I get stationed somewhere else perhaps that state law is different but I don't think I'd switch back because of the money I'll have put into the beach bars. My next project bike won't really have apes so they will probably collect dust. One day I'll make up my mind.
I'd hang on to them. You never know. They might be the right lookfor a future bike.damn cell phone does not understand my Midwest accent .keep em. Dude

Last edited by Fatburger; 10-11-2013 at 12:55 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:43 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Well, a couple months ago I found out we were going to be having a kid so I had contemplated selling the bike. So, I finally decided to post it up in the classifieds and sold it in about 6 days after listing it. I originally got it for cruising and taking road trips with the wife, but with a baby coming, that will completely stop the latter from happening unless we hire a babysitter, so I would rather someone else grab it and use it as it was meant to be.

This is a great thread and many of y'all have helped get the bike to where it's at. So for now, the Lo is gone, but that doesn't mean I don't have my eye on a cheaper project springer in the near future that'll be strictly a bar hopper. I was about as far as I wanted to get with it anyways and, for me, that usually means it's time to move on to the next project
Captian,
Congrats on starting your family, I been wondering what you been up to, haven't seen you arround for a while. You did a great job with your Lo and I'm sure your next project will equally as good. Don't be a stranger and good luck man!

Old 10-11-2013, 01:05 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikeskins

Rode a bit with my buddy the other day and he said "you're crazy leaning your bike that much". I gotta grind my stock boards as much as possible before I upgrade.

Ha. You ride like I do. seventeen thousand miles of scraping

Old 10-11-2013, 02:13 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Congrats on the Family news Capt Morgan.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats Cpt!!!!

Damn another one sells! Besides Jim and a few others still around, I feel like a stranger in this thread again.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:18 PM
td234
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josewales
Damn another one sells!
Okay, I have to admit I have been thinking of selling too. I am REALLY liking the 2014 Street Glide Special in black demin. Very tempted.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Khainedaemon
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Cpt!!!!

Damn another one sells! Besides Jim and a few others still around, I feel like a stranger in this thread again.
From reading through this thread, there are a ton of older posts about people showing off their new Fat Boy Lo's but their sig lists a Street Glide as their current bike. I feel like I'm the only one who is super amped to be going the opposite direction.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by td234
Okay, I have to admit I have been thinking of selling too. I am REALLY liking the 2014 Street Glide Special in black demin. Very tempted.
The same thought has been going through my mind as well but I just can't seem to make the trade. If things turn for the worse and the wife can no longer ride her own bike then we may look at an Ultra in the future.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:20 PM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats Cpt!!!!

I know how u feel.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners