Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Mikeskins
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fatburger
Damn dude. Shame you gotta swap out your bars. Your lo is on of the top 3 on this site. Is your first seargeant a jackass? I just got back from vandenberg afb. The cops at the front gate didnt say anything about my non d.o.t. helmet. I rode all over the base for three days and never got hassled. I brought a legal one just in case. Good luck man. Btw are you selling the apes and cables?
It was my sergeant major that had me do it. I was annoyed because it was the look I wanted and I had spent a pretty penny getting it set up. I don't blame him though he is just upholding a standard. I knew I was wrong when I had them put on in March but had no issues til now. I was going to sell them but I'm not sure.
The paint on the carlini logo is already wearing off. The part is bare where the risers are they had put some metal mesh since it didn't have knurls, so cosmetically they aren't great. Currently using the clutch, brake and extensions on the stock ones until I knock it all out in one project. I'll keep the extensions for sure and just trim them.
If I get stationed somewhere else perhaps that state law is different but I don't think I'd switch back because of the money I'll have put into the beach bars. My next project bike won't really have apes so they will probably collect dust. One day I'll make up my mind.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

Finally got my Lo back from the dealer on Friday. I've only had the ride back home from the dealer so far so I can't say for sure if it's fixed or not. They said they found a bad ground and they also replaced the battery so hopefully that was it. If not, I'm sure I'll find out this week when it stumbles again. I'm finally looking at getting a new cover for the intake. I've got a screaming eagle stage 1 that I just stuck the stock football on. Right now I'm looking at getting this one. http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-cleaner-cover. It's a pretty simple round cover that I'm going to get powder coated wrinkle black. That will be the first actual mod I've done in a while that wasn't replacing something I already modded (saddlebags) or a repair part.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

Well I guess the bike is going to the Indy tomorrow. I was about a 1/4 mile from the front gate and a throttle cable broke. At least I think that's it. The throttle still works and I can give it gas and return it to idle but it's very floppy. That's the best way I can think to describe it. Feels like the throttle return cable is broken or something. Hopefully I can get it home and to the dealer without any problems. I can't take it there till tomorrow because of course they are closed today.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:37 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, a couple months ago I found out we were going to be having a kid so I had contemplated selling the bike. So, I finally decided to post it up in the classifieds and sold it in about 6 days after listing it. I originally got it for cruising and taking road trips with the wife, but with a baby coming, that will completely stop the latter from happening unless we hire a babysitter, so I would rather someone else grab it and use it as it was meant to be.

This is a great thread and many of y'all have helped get the bike to where it's at. So for now, the Lo is gone, but that doesn't mean I don't have my eye on a cheaper project springer in the near future that'll be strictly a bar hopper. I was about as far as I wanted to get with it anyways and, for me, that usually means it's time to move on to the next project

Old 10-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Khainedaemon
Advanced

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Well, a couple months ago I found out we were going to be having a kid so I had contemplated selling the bike. So, I finally decided to post it up in the classifieds and sold it in about 6 days after listing it. I originally got it for cruising and taking road trips with the wife, but with a baby coming, that will completely stop the latter from happening unless we hire a babysitter, so I would rather someone else grab it and use it as it was meant to be.

This is a great thread and many of y'all have helped get the bike to where it's at. So for now, the Lo is gone, but that doesn't mean I don't have my eye on a cheaper project springer in the near future that'll be strictly a bar hopper. I was about as far as I wanted to get with it anyways and, for me, that usually means it's time to move on to the next project
Don't worry, man. I'll post a pic here and there for ya to see she's in good hands

Old 10-08-2013, 02:09 PM
td234
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS

Congrats on the kid. Best thing that will ever happen to you!

Old 10-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Mikeskins
Tourer

Do what you gotta do brother. It was one of my favorite los for sure. Congrats on the kid as well.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:11 AM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

I got the throttle cable for the Lo fixed this morning. Only cost about 45 bucks at the local indy. They had a new take off from somebody that got apes. Works for me. The mechanic said the return cable was pretty corroded at the adjuster. I guess I'll try and keep an eye on it in the future. I'm hoping the new air cleaner cover will be here in a week or two. It should only take about a week to get it powder coated.

Old 10-09-2013, 07:55 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Khainedaemon
Don't worry, man. I'll post a pic here and there for ya to see she's in good hands
Haha good deal!I saw your other bike so I know she will be.

Originally Posted by td234
Congrats on the kid. Best thing that will ever happen to you!
Thanks man. I'm pretty stoked!

Originally Posted by Mikeskins
Do what you gotta do brother. It was one of my favorite los for sure. Congrats on the kid as well.
I definitely appreciate that! It'll still be here on the forums as you can see from Khainedaemon.

Last edited by CaptainMorgan_SOS; 10-09-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Yardstick
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Bought a 2013 Fatboy Low last Saturday. Adjusted the shock preload and now I'm happy because no more bottoming out. Added stage one a/c and rush mufflers on the way. Been a bagger rider since 2007; wanted a fatboy too. But because I don't plan on a lot of cross country trips anymore.....got my fatboy. Loved the style of the low and went with vivid black. When I figure out how to add pic I will get er done.

Last edited by Yardstick; 10-09-2013 at 08:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners